• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Techies has effectively been done for over a month now, since when does that mean anything?

Likewise ARDM has actually been in the game and playable for several months and not a bit of further progress or release to show for it.

wow can u stop whining valve is literally jesus and U HAVE NO GODDAM RIGHT TO COMPLAIN EVER HOW FUCKING DARE U VALVE DOESN'T OWE U ANYTHING DUDE. may gaben have mercy on your plagued soul.

Ketch

Ok how about a custom game mode where you go around as you favorite hero catching couriers in ultimate orbs?

Free ideas here people

Edit: secret truth facts revealed: we're never getting another update ever. The entire dota 2 "expirement" was just to see how much money they could steal with a crowd funding scam. That's why they hired economics, that's why they keep removing items from the drop table and that's why EG threw in the semifinals, and that's why kuro quit Navi. Follow the money.

KingKong

How about a 5 on 5 mode where you only get one life per round and the dire have to plant the bomb on the radiant ancient before the timer expires

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Serious question, what would Team Fortress Dota 2 look like?

Sniper = Sniper (duh)

Demoman = Techies

Scout = Slark?

Pyro = Lina

Medic = Omniknight?

Soldier = Sven?

Engineer = Witch Doctor

Spy = Riki or Morphling?

Heavy = No idea

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Why does it feel like they never add new sets to the drop list and yet take away a dozen items each patch?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
play in my tourney, free pie and punch!

2.6k MMR reporting in.

nearly 1MMR per hour of Dota played
cry.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I assume whenever a new set comes out it is added to the drop list... Is that not happening?

It does seem lately that I'm getting items from the same half dozen sets when I level up tho. So many Alliance Abaddon set drops during the TI boost month I lost count...

I assume whenever a new set comes out it is added to the drop list... Is that not happening?

It does seem lately that I'm getting items from the same half dozen sets when I level up tho. So many Alliance Abaddon set drops during the TI boost month I lost count...

There's a little over 45 sets in the drop system.

Which sounds like a lot, but it really isn't at all, considering we had times when the system had hundreds of sets.

They've been removing sets from the system for half a year now at a rapid pace (2-3 sets a week) and only adding items every so often (like twice in that time), so the drop system is getting incredibly stale.

I have no idea why older chests do not have items that drop. The Dire and Radiant crates for example. Those sets are worth pennies, leave the super rares out of the system, but add the common sets.

Or go back and add some ancient tournament sets to the system. I seriously doubt anyone is buying tickets to 1-2 year old tournaments.

Hupsel

Seriously fuck Tinker. I get 2 shoted by this mother*****
And also fuck Brewmaster ulti. Basically a new life plus extra damage.
Thats all the rage I have for tonights episode

Quesa

Serious question, what would Team Fortress Dota 2 look like?

Sniper = Sniper (duh)

Demoman = Techies

Scout = Slark?

Pyro = Lina

Medic = Omniknight?

Soldier = Sven?

Engineer = Witch Doctor

Spy = Riki or Morphling?

Heavy = No idea

Sniper Sniper
Demo Techies
Scout Windranger
Pyro Phenix (neither can speak)
Medic Omni
Soldier Lycan
Engineer WD
Spy Riki or nyx imo
Heavy Axe

shira

How about a 5 on 5 mode where you only get one life per round and the dire have to plant the bomb on the radiant ancient before the timer expires

You know I actually wouldn't mind if someone made a Dota game where each hero got 3 lives. And the runes were replaced with 1UP mushrooms.

LiQuid!

Wow this one was too close. Team Rat Vs. Team Carry

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/843568936

We were giving them the biz early but Anti Mage landed a 4-kill monster Mana Void around a half hour in that turned his shit start around and made the game really hard. Took a lot of hard team fighting and split pushing from our random pub Furion (commended) to win this.

G-Unit

That doesn't look like ratting, thats looks like winning a team fight and smashing though their base.

Indeed we started winning team fights, but around 20 mins we only had 2 towers, and at 40 they forgot about void mid and got ratted.

It was one fun match to see rats fail, plus roshan fights were funny

Sniper Sniper
Demo Techies
Scout Windranger
Pyro Phenix (neither can speak)
Medic Omni
Soldier Lycan
Engineer WD
Spy Riki or nyx imo
Heavy Axe

I like Morphling as Spy, although he lacks the invisibility. If you were making a custom game Spy would have to have Replicate as an ability though. It's perfect.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Just another PSA since we gotta do it at least once a month:

*Killing enemy buildings does not always = "rat".

*5 man pushing ≠ "rat."

*Winning teamfight(s) that snowball into a buildings or the throne ≠ "rat."

*"rat" = split push.

Falk

that puzzling face
Split pushing and killing enemy buildings aren't mutually exclusive...

edit: nevermind you're ahead of me.

Kard8p3

*5 man pushing ≠ "rat."

*Winning teamfight(s) that snowballs into a building or throne ≠ "rat."

*"rat" = split push.

ppl like to cry when they get fukt, they're jsut dumb.

in other news holy shit my pain meds kicked in half way thru my last game.. fun times were hard.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really hope I can come up with a better way to do Ashe's Crit Passive thingy that isn't to give her a 100 level hidden skill.

Also, I was hoping I could just copy Marina's Arrow for Ashe's ult, but nope, fucking thing has to do AoE Damage. So I have to make a new one from scratch. And then I decided "You know, I should make it so this works right with Refresher Orb!", so I made a projectile simulation system that would estimate where a projectile was when the ProjectileOnHit event occurred, and tell me which arrow hit the guy and how far it travailed. But at least I got Volly done, that was a bit of a pain:
volly.jpg

G-Unit

*5 man pushing ≠ "rat."

*Winning teamfight(s) that snowballs into a building or throne ≠ "rat."

*"rat" = split push.

aw come on!!!!! let me have fun calling out those rats!!! (btw void split push mid while those fools tp'd bot) RATTED

I really hope I can come up with a better way to do Ashe's Crit Passive thingy that isn't to give her a 100 level hidden skill.

Also, I was hoping I could just copy Marina's Arrow for Ashe's ult, but nope, fucking thing has to do AoE Damage. So I have to make a new one from scratch. And then I decided "You know, I should make it so this works right with Refresher Orb!", so I made a projectile simulation system that would estimate where a projectile was when the ProjectileOnHit event occurred, and tell me which arrow hit the guy and how far it travailed. But at least I got Volly done, that was a bit of a pain:
At least Hawkshot is just Rocket Flare without damage (and a passive +3 gold on last hit, not sure how you'd code that) and Frost Shot just needs to be toned down a bit.

Ketch

yey! won two in a row!
doubledamage.gif

won my first real game as storm, even tho I fed pretty hard mid game. I won my lane vs ember, and then later I was able to ult in and orchid him during team fights and my team cleaned up. I think I went like 4/9 or something.

Next game I went Alch/Abba with a friend for the A-z dual lane challenge. I played alche and the other team fed hard for an easy win.

Dota is fun again? I must have accidentally played LoL.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At least Hawkshot is just Rocket Flare without damage (and a passive +3 gold on last hit, not sure how you'd code that) and Frost Shot just needs to be toned down a bit.

Frost shot was easy, the Hawkshot active I did from the ground up. Fires a vision giving projectile, upon reaching the destination it creates a flying dummy unit to give vision. For the passive part you actually learn a 2nd hidden skill thats just a really gimped Grevils Greed.

Top Bottom