• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Acinixys

rFkR3k2.jpg

chub inducing stack
holy shit

3000 gold

easy

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dear valve, please pass the projectile id that causes the "OnProjectileHitUnit" event to trigger into the key value table, I would prefer not having to recalculate the position of every projectile manually to figure out which projectile caused the event.

Kard8p3

the bots move to fast and can dodge everything. One thing i don't like about league is because of all the speed modifiers you can get there's no finality in team fights you have a chance to run the fuck away.

wats ur sn ill add u, fuck bot games. its all about dem real matches

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
When was the last time we got a hero release all by itself? Don't they like to lump hero releases with new content as well? I can't remember when we got just a hero.

I think the safe bet (and probably what everyone else is thinking, too) is that they're finishing up 6.82 or custom games or something else equally large before releasing Techies. Hero releases are no longer just hero releases.

I'll be pretty happy if the end of August patch is Techies +- another hero or two, some other new content, 6.82, etc.

I'm afraid, however, that it will be just Techies and compendium goals, since that's what they laid out in the blog post. Considering how long it's been, I think that would actually be pretty disappointing overall.

Artanisix

I'll be pretty happy if the end of August patch is Techies +- another hero or two, some other new content, 6.82, etc.

I'm afraid, however, that it will be just Techies and compendium goals, since that's what they laid out in the blog post. Considering how long it's been, I think that would actually be pretty disappointing overall.

I would be beyond disappointed if it's just Techies.

Agree completely. 2 heroes feels like it should be the minimum expectation, with 3 or 4 heroes being ideal. But...I just don't think Valve has the staffing on the game anymore to produce those kinds of results. but idk.
1 hero.

And custom games.

Small shit like sf model.

Maybe balance patch.

That's it.

The Kunkka Torrent stacking trick is neat. How long has that worked? Is it working as intended? I don't see it being a massive exploit - more like a quirky convenience. Is there something more to it?

The timing of it is a little tricky as it has to be cast at 57.5 and it doesn't appear to work on all the camps.

elyetis

I feel like they need a second hero so it isn't just all Techies all the time. Instead, it can just be Techies 99.8% of the time.
Remember when people thought it was perfectly possible ( or actually expected it ) that the next patch would be Oracle + Abyssal and maybe techies too ? ...4 month ago.

And with all that time passed, now people expectation actually got lower than what it was.

But those 3 hero released would pretty much mean that they wouldn't even be able to get a new hero ready for Diretide, or even Frostivus..

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Diretide is 99%.9 chance to be Pit Lord. Maybe Oracle aswel.

Winter Wyvern for Frostivus

Arc Warden for first update of 2015.

Then we get new heroes like monkey king.

So pretty much exactly what people hoped the 2013-2014 holiday season would be. Maybe this time it will actually happen.

Remember when people thought it was perfectly possible ( or actually expected it ) that the next patch would be Oracle + Abyssal and maybe techies too ? ...4 month ago.

And with all that time passed, now people expectation actually got lower than what it was.

But those 3 hero released would pretty much mean that they wouldn't even be able to get a new hero ready for Diretide, or even Frostivus..

lol I love that the idea of a 3 hero patch (with 7 months in development) means they can't get 1 hero ready 2 months later.

elyetis

lol I love that the idea of a 3 hero patch (with 7 months in development) means they can't get 1 hero ready 2 months later.
In Valve time it's how it work. I sure would love to be proven wrong thought, Valve proved me wrong for a whole year after all, but not really because they overdelivered compared to my expectations.

BeesEight

Serious question: why don't we see Ogre picked up more? He's fucking awesome.

Because he's terrible.

I love OM too but if you're looking for a support (and he's always picked for support) you have far better options. His nuking capability is tied to random chance which is not something you want to rely on during a match, his disabling capabilities are subpar, he has no pushing power and bloodlust is a mediocre buff. If you want to buff heroes get an Io. If you want disables get almost any other support. If you want push/defence power there are lots of other options.

He mostly does nothing well other than being fun to play.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
yeah but its done now they used it in that sfm

Techies has effectively been done for over a month now, since when does that mean anything?

Likewise ARDM has actually been in the game and playable for several months and not a bit of further progress or release to show for it.

Techies has effectively been done for over a month now, since when does that mean anything?

Likewise ARDM has actually been in the game and playable for several months and not a bit of further progress or release to show for it.

well yeah theyre both coming in a weekish when the sf skin comes out

whats your point

KevinRo

It'll come out when it's done. It's not like Valve is sitting on all that TI money and scratching their asses. I for one feel pretty good for buying a compendium and finding out I helped fund Half Life 3 lol

Top Bottom