• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Smithy C

icefrog, pls, hurry up with the next patch. not for the hats, not for the compendium things, not even for the techies.

just bring the tinker nerfs. pls.

icefrog, pls, hurry up with the next patch. not for the hats, not for the compendium things, not even for the techies.

just bring the tinker nerfs. pls.

I honestly would be shocked if Tinker got massive nerfs, he's not that popular in the pro scene and his winrate there is fairly weak too

With Earthshaker, you can target an ennemy unit with Fissure, right? Now, my problem is I never know whether the ennemy is going to be at the left or at the right of the fissure.

Just lead your fissure a bit. Worst case scenario, you miss the enemy with the stun but still block his path. Best case scenario, you stun him and lock him in. When you lead your fissure, you'll at least be sure what side of the wall your enemy ends up on.

Compare this to casting it directly on the target: again, best case scenario you get both the stun and path blocking, but worst case scenario the enemy gets stunned on the side of the wall you don't want him to be on, which could lead to you actually working against your team (blocking teammates trying to chase an enemy, failing to stop a gank on your lane partner, etc.).

sixghost

Just lead your fissure a bit. Worst case scenario, you miss the enemy with the stun but still block his path. Best case scenario, you stun him and lock him in. When you lead your fissure, you'll at least be sure what side of the wall your enemy ends up on.

Compare this to casting it directly on the target: again, best case scenario you get both the stun and path blocking, but worst case scenario the enemy gets stunned on the side of the wall you don't want him to be on, which could lead to you actually working against your team (blocking teammates trying to save an enemy, failing to stop a gank on your lane partner, etc.).

This is something worth emphasizing. There are some scenarios where blocking off the enemy's escape is way more important than getting the stun and damage.

manfestival

Fnatic are partnered with Azubu and I don't think any of them have bothered to stream since that happened

http://cloud9.gg/news/welcome-fata

Looks like C9 officially added Fata

well I really do like singsing and he was clearly a stronger point for c9 during TI4. Maybe his twitch behavior was a factor here and the fact that hes probably a PR nightmare. Big loss for c9. SCREW YOU EE! I STILL HATE YOU. Clown 9 in full effect.

Wok

Awful game in the trench.

J9q6EWl.png

I am not playing support in pubs again. People know shadow blade, but they literally force you to hard support since they totally ignore the concept of wards or dust, and complain about wards even though I have warded the map. Had I not supported, the game would have ended so earlier, it would have been amazing. Instead of which, the game drags on with the Dire team farming and Roshing all the time, yet never pushing. I wish I had Dota plus for games like these.

Demoli

It wouldn't be surprising to see an update page today.

Although if I had to bet I'd say update page friday with Client release monday/tuesday.

Zeth

The Kunkka Torrent stacking trick is neat. How long has that worked? Is it working as intended? I don't see it being a massive exploit - more like a quirky convenience. Is there something more to it?

shira

Fata is drafting wot

The updated Cloud9 DOTA 2 roster is now:

Team Captain: Jacky “EternaLEnVy” Mao - Canada
Pittner “bOne7” Armand - Romania
Kurtis “aui_2000” Ling - Canada
Johan “pieliedie” Åström - Sweden
Mid Lane - Adrian “FATA” Trinks - Germany

With this clown making the calls it doesn't really matter who is physically pushing the mouse button during the draft.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Valve said "ETA end of August". Estimated time of arrival. That first word is key.

If you're gonna get technical and call people out on specifics you might want to get it right yourself. Absolutely zero mention of an "ETA," so all the stuff about "estimated" is actually completely irrelevant. Here's exactly what they said:

The Dota 2 Team is working on the Compendium Stretch Goals and putting the final touches on the explosive gang. We’re aiming for a release by the end of August.

Demoli

Valve said "ETA end of August". Estimated time of arrival. That first word is key.

No way they'll release it after. They will need updates for end of october and christmas aswell, so they either hurry the hell up (something they haven't done for 8~ months) or they'd skip diretide.

One of these won't happen again.

Pratfall

If you're gonna get technical and call people out on specifics you might want to get it right yourself. Absolutely zero mention of an "ETA," so all the stuff about "estimated" is actually completely irrelevant. Here's exactly what they said:

The Dota 2 Team is working on the Compendium Stretch Goals and putting the final touches on the explosive gang. We’re aiming for a release by the end of August.

You got me. "Aiming for a release by" is not a phrase that connotes estimation at all.

It still blows me away that we're waiting months upon months for ports of existing characters.

Not the development of brand new heroes from scratch.

Not brain-storming for concepts for brand new heroes from scratch.

We're waiting for the ports of characters that already have their lore written, skills designed and balanced to some degree, and that already have assets that can be referenced.

If it takes this long to add the remaining 5 or 6 heroes, how long will it take their team (however big or small it is anymore), to actually create a hero from scratch? I understand repurposing people from the Dota2 team to other projects...but holy fuck. At least finish (bring to parity in this case) the existing project before thinning out the team so much that they can only manage 1 hero port per quarter.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You got me. "Aiming for a release by" is not a phrase that connotes estimation at all.

It doesn't make a practical difference at all, it's just ridiculous to bring people up on specifics and then going on about "ETA" and "estimate," placed in quotes by yourself, when those terms were never even used.

It still blows me away that we're waiting months upon months for ports of existing characters.

Not the development of brand new heroes from scratch.

Not brain-storming for concepts for brand new heroes from scratch.

We're waiting for the ports of characters that already have their lore written, skills designed and balanced to some degree, and that already have assets that can be referenced.

If it takes this long to add the remaining 5 or 6 heroes, how long will it take their team (however big or small it is anymore), to actually create a hero from scratch? I understand repurposing people from the Dota2 team to other projects...but holy fuck. At least finish (bring to parity in this case) the existing project before thinning out the team so much that they can only manage 1 hero port per quarter.

1 hero per quarter? What fantasy world are you in? It's been nearly 7 months without a hero.

yarden24

well I really do like singsing and he was clearly a stronger point for c9 during TI4. Maybe his twitch behavior was a factor here and the fact that hes probably a PR nightmare. Big loss for c9. SCREW YOU EE! I STILL HATE YOU. Clown 9 in full effect.

he is a PR blessing, how many loved and well known dota players are there?

im assuming he just had disagreements with people from the team, any organization would love to have someone who gets 20k viewers when ever he streams

Pratfall

It doesn't make a practical difference at all, it's just ridiculous to bring people up on specifics and then going on about "ETA" and "estimate," placed in quotes by yourself, when those terms were never even used.

Fair enough. I'll be more careful in the future. The point still stands, valve made no promises of a date, just like they never ever have in the past.

elyetis

I have been saying that for pretty much a year now. :/ Without the post TI3 slowdown, we had parity before TI4 qualifier ( don't remember exatly when it would have been ).
The best thing they could do is keep their pace till parity + modding ( so mods would help filling the gap between their patch ).

And without even speaking about the general speed itself, I just hate how some content is very likely ready ( or could be ) but isn't released just for the sake of the PR they want to have by releasing a big patch/named event. It's fun and all when it's for a pace like they had in november/december/january, sure, you can hold content. But now ?..
Guys its only been a month since TI. Give them a break.
And they only went to hawaii once since the last hero release. :sad face:

Artanisix

When was the last time we got a hero release all by itself? Don't they like to lump hero releases with new content as well? I can't remember when we got just a hero.

I think the safe bet (and probably what everyone else is thinking, too) is that they're finishing up 6.82 or custom games or something else equally large before releasing Techies. Hero releases are no longer just hero releases.

BeesEight

If they release the same number of heroes this season as the last, we'll have all of them released by the next TI.

And none of them will be in captain's mode.

When was the last time we got a hero release all by itself? Don't they like to lump hero releases with new content as well? I can't remember when we got just a hero.

I think the safe bet (and probably what everyone else is thinking, too) is that they're finishing up 6.82 or custom games or something else equally large before releasing Techies. Hero releases are no longer just hero releases.

We're getting Techies by the end of August, so if they're finishing stuff up before Techies, they should probably hurry.

Abbadon I think. I mean technically Legion was only her but it came with Wraith Night.

Top Bottom