• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

I wish Random draft were in ranked play. I don't understand why it isn't at this point.

Also, I'm all for giving every player one ban in all pick. That or just automatically randoming with no random gold any player that hasn't chosen a hero by 0:00. I don't feel like the 1g penalty is harsh enough.

G.ZZZ

Who wins mid vs. Razor actually?

I don't think anyone straightly win against razor mid except probably zeus, and lich but then you have a lich mid. But matter of fact is that a lot of mids will be able to farm at least, like:

wink.gif
(this matchup is really shitty for QoP but whatever)
cheeky.gif
(same for Puck, he can probably farm some but he's so zzz against razzzzz
sleeping.gif
)
facepalm.gif

highfive.gif
(sniper max range and razor can't zone u on mid, u still lose on long lane though)
huh.gif
(forge spirits ez gaming)
Sylla
surprise.gif
(maapo lose a lot early as he does most lanes and then after lvl 3 lane doesn't really matter for him)
sad.gif
(wave those creeps frencha lady)
Tinker can just spam march and zzzz
DK and Magnus can stand it even if melee but it's still a shitty lane.

Basically all heroes who can nuke or have meaning to cs outside of simple right click. Keep in mind that while he will "win" the lane with much higher cs in most cases, at least your hero won't be dead weight and you'll be able to recoup in midgame in most cases.
Heroes like TA or Viper vs Razor are a fcuking nightmare.

Low Tier
My initial thought is: Heroes that don't rely on right-click to kill, can create space naturally or have lots of summons. That list of candidates is:

His aura isn't the big concern during the laning phase, its the power of plasma field+static link. Not only does his Q do a ton of damage with a relatively short cd and low mana cost, its also aoe which lets him control runes. Link is a no-brainer in that if you let him steal damage for even 2 seconds your cs will be atrocious until it wears off.

The kind of heroes you want mid vs razor are heroes like:
Viper
Sniperino
SF
Troll
Puck
Tinker
Silencer
DP
Invoker
Pugna

Alot of these heroes are either fast moving heroes or have a ton of spell burst potential, which both play on razor's naturally weak MS without points in aura and his constant attempts at linking you. The exception is Viper and Sniperino, Viper just cuz he's so him, and Sniper cuz you just outrange him cyka ez. Heroes like SF and Tinker just play on march and raze to keep the razor away. Without turning this post into a tl;dr, the best way to describe laning vs razor is like playing keep-away, but with the additional requirement of having to be able to outpush/nuke plasma field as well.

kvk1

Provided that everyone's positions stay the same, Vanskor would be the most logical replacement for Kuro. Their support styles are really similar.

Apropos of nothing, Kuro and Vanskor are the best professional Rubick players in the world.

inkls

Provided that everyone's positions stay the same, Vanskor would be the most logical replacement for Kuro. Their support styles are really similar.

Apropos of nothing, Kuro and Vanskor are the best professional Rubick players in the world.

but FY tho

You're forgetting Fy though.

Edit: beaten.

Hylian7

My initial thought is: Heroes that don't rely on right-click to kill, can create space naturally or have lots of summons. That list of candidates is:

QoP
Zeus
Storm
Lina
Enigma
Lion
Shaman
Kunkka
Necro
Puck
Sky
Druid

maybe Axe as well?

I would also expect a Sniper leveling range would be strong against him as well.

$0.02
Storm, Kunkka and Druid don't. Storm gets damage from Overload, and losing the base damage he already has makes that not much, but he can still LH. Kunkka has Tidebringer, and while there is the bonus damage, you lose the rest unfortunately. Druid, all he has to do is link that bear and now he doesn't have much.

inkls

That blink-dagon sound is forever etched into my brain.

Like a war vet hearing gunshots in the dead of the night.

Iceforg please, end this madness.

I just love that moment last night:

*hears bots sound near creep wave*

"oh shit"

*tinker has killed kunkka*

kvk1

I just love that moment last night:

*hears bots sound near creep wave*

"oh shit"

*tinker has killed kunkka*

lol, it got pretty great towards the end

a feeling so helpless that your anger turns into laughter

like i said, it was reminiscent of a cheesy horror movie

scary robot man appears out of nowhere and instantly zaps you to death

Chris R

I wish Random draft were in ranked play. I don't understand why it isn't at this point.

Also, I'm all for giving every player one ban in all pick. That or just automatically randoming with no random gold any player that hasn't chosen a hero by 0:00. I don't feel like the 1g penalty is harsh enough.

I agree with everything in this post. If these changes were live I'd only play ranked.

That or make it so anything captains mode related doesn't take 5+ minutes to get started.

Beardz

Currently I'm having a lot of fun with Naix and I'm winning most of my games with him, the funny thing is I feel I'm not having a "big" impact on those games. I'm not killing or dying like crazy, I feel I'm in the middle.

shira

also a disgusting TA spammer

Is this legit or playstyle dependant

Why don't you get BKB in most of your games?
It slows down my farm progression most games, I'd only get it if the enemy has massive teamfight spells that do not go through bkb, probably after yasha. I think manta is amazing as a defensive tool, it gives you the same +hp as bkb and dispels a massive amount of projectiles and creates enough confusion for the next 1-2 seconds to reposition and get my spells back up without slowing down my farm. It's also an extension to yasha so it saves me an item slot.

Ketch

What about wind ranger vs razor? She's fast, had an aoe nuke, and evasion to avoid his linked right clicks. Seems like it could work.

Top Bottom