• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

FACE

Banned
Me, inkls and Hupsel managed to win a game even though I played some crappy-ass(even more than usual) Dota, thanks guys.

Last game was showing denies before the attack animation even occurred. The music was all over the place as well throughout the match. Glad to still get the win. I guess playing with razor and having lag isn't the worst combination. Still confusing trying to stay linked and skipping around.

kvk1

sad.gif

inkls and hupsel never carry me

am i that heavy

shira

High tier bracket up!
t1408816800z1.png

Play-ins
(1)pillowknight vs (2)1.09
(9)anonymous vs (10)stevewinwood

Bracket
smile.gif

If the time is a problem for anyone let me know, you all indicated afternoon was ok.

edit: Still working on some kinks for mid and low/beginner,
But they should both be in the evening 7PMish EST

7-9 in the mid tier bracket
2-3 in the low/beginner bracket

So I just did that survey thing where you have to play 4 games with limited communication. Wow, is it infuriating to not be able to freely communicate with your team. The chat wheel is worthless.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have made a Datadriven "Charge at" Ability, which should open up a lot of the league of legends skill set, since like half the characters have a Dash.

Hylian7

High tier bracket up!
t1408816800z1.png

Play-ins
(1)pillowknight vs (2)1.09
(9)anonymous vs (10)stevewinwood

Bracket

smile.gif

If the time is a problem for anyone let me know, you all indicated afternoon was ok.

edit: Still working on some kinks for mid and low/beginner,
But they should both be in the evening 7PMish EST

7-9 in the mid tier bracket
2-3 in the low/beginner bracket

So why are those four play-ins? Also who is anonymous?

Edit: Never mind. Read it over in the thread.

shira

I have made a Datadriven "Charge at" Ability, which should open up a lot of the league of legends skill set, since like half the characters have a Dash.

What's it more like - charge of darkness, forcestaff, phaseboots?

So why are those four play-ins? Also who is anonymous?

There is 10, so we need to pair it down to 8 so the bracket works.

They requested anonymity in my survey thingie.

Bad7667

So next week should be the big update, right? What does everyone think will be in the patch?

I really hope the new Shadow Fiend model is being added.

shira

It's the guy Haly was posting messages from, wasn't it?
idk

So next week should be the big update, right? What does everyone think will be in the patch?

I really hope the new Shadow Fiend model is being added.

"Should be" and "Valve Time" are phrases that are oh so common. I don't remember how valve handles patches so close to a long weekend - especially with the emerald dragon treasure fiasco.

If I had to guess it would be early next week (if at all) or this Friday.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/849067042

Biggest throw by the other team, or biggest comeback by us? You decide.

Good god though we thought we lost this thing about thirty minutes in as Drow had freefarm. First 25 minutes were slow for me. I did catch up though, and boy was it glorious.

Natural Order wins games, ladies and gentlemen. Not a single armor item on the other team.

Also, Satanic without a single damage item?

bruh...

I hope you thanked them for carrying.

edit: 7.1k hero damage on a Drow in a 50-minute game? I don't fucking understand.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
idk

"Should be" and "Valve Time" are phrases that are oh so common. I don't remember how valve handles patches so close to a long weekend - especially with the emerald dragon treasure fiasco.

If I had to guess it would be early next week (if at all) or this Friday.
I feel the blog will update on Sunday or Monday, and the update will be out in main by Thursday.

Mohasus

Honestly I did it for survivability, which was something I desperately needed. It worked.

Reminds me of my luna with tarrasque, satanic and AC because their void kept initiating on me. We won because he couldn't kill me during the chrono and didn't realize that I wasn't the damage dealer of the team.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/849067042

Biggest throw by the other team, or biggest comeback by us? You decide.

Good god though we thought we lost this thing about thirty minutes in as Drow had freefarm. First 25 minutes were slow for me. I did catch up though, and boy was it glorious.

Well they don't have a single Armor item as pointed out, on top of that, Drow went for Butterfly over crit which is pretty careless since Butterfly by itself isn't a ton of damage, but when you already have a big damage item it's invaluable. Other than that you all got BKB's against a lineup that is mostly magic damage. Unless Warlock got the jump on you there's no reason you should have even lost team fights.

Unless they ended really early you were pretty much guaranteed to win that game.

shira

I'm not gonna be able to play before 3pm est, that shouldn't be a problem, right?

How close are we cutting it for you? Should we delay the start till 2:30 or 3pm??

Everyone in High indicated they were available in the afternoon.

That polytron story is getting fucking crazy now
JnM59eHPg8

SamVimes

Basically it's very likely i'm not gonna be home all day, i could make it for 2:30 pm but i honestly doubt it. If it's too much trouble i'll just retire but i'd rather not do that.

JqZZOJ7.jpg

Best carry I played in almost 2 years of Dota. He is so strong, he makes picking other carries unappealing.

Also 536 GPM on average over the course of 50 games:

FHz8WaU.jpg

Pratfall

I've become more and more convinced that the thing that needs a hard nerf is time walk, not chrono. Something like what Milk was suggesting where he can be stunned out of timewalk. As of right now, it is an early game escape that transitions into a free blink initiation late game. Being invulnerable during that ability is nutso.

Just beat a team with Void, Doom, Ember and LC on it (witch doctor support).

You wouldn't think a quad core lineup would be that hard to defeat, but when those are the 4 cores nothing is easy. I still feel like we only won because Doom bought a Vlads and never got a blink dagger.

I also learned that Omniknight is a legit pick in the current 4k ranked meta, since he can deal with Doom/Chrono (so long as he dodges them himself) and repel stops most of Tinker's shenanigans. This pleases me because I'm getting sick of having to deal with those heroes.

Just beat a team with Void, Doom, Ember and LC on it (witch doctor support).

You wouldn't think a quad core lineup would be that hard to defeat, but when those are the 4 cores nothing is easy. I still feel like we only won because Doom bought a Vlads and never got a blink dagger.

I also learned that Omniknight is a legit pick in the current 4k ranked meta, since he can deal with Doom/Chrono (so long as he dodges them himself) and repel stops most of Tinker's shenanigans. This pleases me because I'm getting sick of having to deal with those heroes.

Yeah, I find Omniknight obnoxiously hard to play against when you play the carry role which I'm increasingly doing lately. Diffusal Blade is such a poor pick up on most heroes, I wonder if it's worth it to get it on Sven, PA and so forth to get rid of Omni's garbage.

At any rate Void needs a nerf to his base damage and base armour. He should be able to play as the safelaner just fine but his offlaning is far too good.

At any rate Void needs a nerf to his base damage and base armour. He should be able to play as the safelaner just fine but his offlaning is far too good.

Personally I think Chrono should work like RP. Timewalk initiation is ridiculous because he can cast the chrono at such a long range that dodging it is incredibly difficult, and he can kill people inside it so easily now that all he needs is MoM/BKB to instantly take out a key target without fear of reprisal and then his team goes ham.

If Chrono appeared with Void at the center of it, it'd be a lot easier to get out of the way since you could work out where he was going to place it. At the moment it's a guessing game and you just sort of hope that he doesn't pick you.

Top Bottom