• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

client out of date, patch

123.5MB

Omniknight.png

DarkKyo

Nope, it's something reddit circlejerked off to and Navi got mass upvoted.

New navi. New courier

LnsozqS.png

The tusks look so bad, they look like cockroaches on his face.

***Comes with Loading Screen***
The eyes are soulless and the texture is garbled in spots and too obviously mirrored...

BigAT

How did that sick WItch Doctor ultimate frog totem never make it into the game? He has so many awful cosmetics and that whole set was amazing.

How did that sick WItch Doctor ultimate frog totem never make it into the game? He has so many awful cosmetics and that whole set was amazing.

it required a bunch of work on valves end because the wd ward didnt have support for animations and stuff

but its supposed to be coming

ksan

what about they just remove all heros from dota and remade it into one hero who had aoe nuke/gap closer/passive/dmg dealing ult?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
1 - Glimpse
2 - Glimpse
3 - Glimpse
4 - Glimpse
5 - Glimpse

I get agitated every time I get a Disraptor in my game that insists on maxing thunder strike. I try to be polite as I can to these guys and explain to them that maxing Glimpse is the best thing you can do on that hero in most situations but I get rebutted with "I don't tell you how to play."
sleeping.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I like that reddit suggestion.
A mode where everyone gets one ban and then it's allpick

http://redd.it/2e9mot

This has been suggested for like 5 years and counting (on playdota a long ass time ago). We'll see if icefrog finally caves to reddit pressure, but I suspect he doesn't want that mode to replace all pick as most played, because all pick is basically the beta testing ground. If a hero is always banned in both competitive and pubs, all the time, how do we evaluate said hero? How do counters develop? How do we know what's most annoying about it, etc...? Dota is very often a self-fixing game.

im not a fan of that mode

idiots would just ban the stupidest shit and effectively remove 10 heroes from the game entirely

did lycan get changed?

who knows weve been banning him for like 5 months so we'll keep doing that

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
im not a fan of that mode

idiots would just ban the stupidest shit and effectively remove 10 heroes from the game entirely

did lycan get changed?

who knows weve been banning him for like 5 months so we'll keep doing that

This pretty much.

Bans will just become an automated response and a mirror of what people see in competitive and that's not what the default pub mode should be about. AP is the testing ground, the wilds, and what's OP in competitive isn't necessarily OP in pubs (and vice versa). Reminds me of back when dota had 3 first round bans and people, even pro's, wouldn't bother to find new counters or try new strats partially because it was just easy to ban the same 3 heroes every game because some team won with them the first week of the patch and then someone first banned them, and then now everyone is. No new ideas, no counters, etc...

Competitive became a lot better with just 2 first round bans and the "op heroes" slipping through from time to time. And if I thought 6 first round bans was too much, 10??? Ewwww. Way too much. I'd much rather see a banning pick mode like HoN, where one player takes "captain" and gets to ban 2-3 heroes, then it just defaults to either AP picking or turn-taking picks.

Better than invoker every fucking game

I think I'll be in the first and second pick being some combination of Invoker and Pudge bracket for the rest of my life. How can you hate on Viper? He's such a good hero for players in my dire skill bracket, I'd be elated if anybody on my team ever picked Viper.

I like that reddit suggestion.
A mode where everyone gets one ban and then it's allpick

http://redd.it/2e9mot

from that thread:
Ban pudge.
"Cyka blyat"
Game is safe to leave
made me chuckle

edit: some of these ideas lol:
All Rumble
All heroes are put in an arena randomly positioned with no team affiliation. Any player can click a hero to take control of it. If a hero (controlled or uncontrolled) dies it is banned and the controller can pick a new hero to control. EXP and shop range is the whole arena.
Last 10 left standing are the playable heroes for the match, and if you were controlling a hero at the end of the rumble, you auto-pick that hero for the match.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Captains Draft

Ban out Void, Lycan, and Antimage based on what they seem to be banning

First pick

Fucking Viper

We got wrecked

Seriously I've seen Viper in literally every game I've played tonight. Is some streamer making him popular or some shit? What is this?

Top Bottom