• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

Midtier bracket up
Meet up in Neogaf channel @
t1408836600z1.png

(1) Razzer vs (2) Messiah
(3) Vamlock vs (4) Liquid!
(5) TUSR vs (6) Jim_west
(7) rhfb vs (8) ZeroX03

Sibylus

Banned
There's something about beating a team of racists that's so satisfying
smile.gif
Bo is officially the Queen of Slams.

Anti-Mage tried to drain my mana, but by reverse-armlet toggling right when a ranged attack was about to hit me and popping soul ring I'd still revive.
laugh.gif

wraith king is no substitute for doom though
Thank you guys, had a blast! Best ES game I've had in a long while. Reported 'em and muted, and just went to work.

Oh wow, did not know about this. You're the best!
No problemo, comrade :)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

Mordeccai

I'm over at my friends house and played a game on his account. His mmr is 1.5k below mine, I picked Viper and went mid.

Holy shit. It was, quite literally, the eziest game of my life.

Aselith

I'm over at my friends house and played a game on his account. His mmr is 1.5k below mine, I picked Viper and went mid.

Holy shit. It was, quite literally, the eziest game of my life.

Yeah get a bunch of dudes that are far below you in rank and it will skew toward their lower rank and prepare yourself for the pillage!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I guess that's one way of raising your map awareness.

Hylian7

Tonight in "> That just happened." types of games.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/850978529

Somehow our horrible team comp won, featuring an offlane AM and Clockwerk. I had Battle Fury and Treads by 16 minutes somehow! I also splitpushed while my team fought and always forced 1 or 2 to back to give my team space.

This was one of those games where someone in my group called "random party!" and we went with it. Lesh said "WP AM" at the end.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
7iz6xG5.png

Huskar + Tree vs a Tri. So fun.
Tonight in "> That just happened." types of games.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/850978529

Somehow our horrible team comp won, featuring an offlane AM and Clockwerk. I had Battle Fury and Treads by 16 minutes somehow! I also splitpushed while my team fought and always forced 1 or 2 to back to give my team space.

This was one of those games where someone in my group called "random party!" and we went with it. Lesh said "WP AM" at the end.
That's a lot of strong independent space creators who don't need no carry.

Guessing you had room, Troll got Rosh at least once and you trances the shit out of towers.

Hylian7

7iz6xG5.png

Huskar + Tree vs a Tri. So fun.

That's a lot of strong independent space creators who don't need no carry.

Guessing you had room, Troll got Rosh at least once and you trances the shit out of towers.

He didn't until we pretty much wiped the other team and pushed a T2 and didn't have enough time for rax, and we all went. Trancing towers helped so much though.

Goddard

I just discovered something mildly interesting about myself: I have a 52.19% winrate on radiant, and a 46.98% winrate on Dire out of all the games I have ever played. You can check on Dotabuff.

Anyone else have a similar stat? I just checked my friend who has been playing for a few years: 52.23 radiant, 43.88 dire. another is 50.16 on radiant and 46.38 on dire. A couple of them are roughly equal.

Funny how that is considering the perceived dire advantage with Rosh. Does anyone know why? I heard a theory once about how the trapezoidal camera has the potential to influence win rates but I don't know if that holds up.

FtHTiny

I just discovered something mildly interesting about myself: I have a 52.19% winrate on radiant, and a 46.98% winrate on Dire out of all the games I have ever played. You can check on Dotabuff.

Anyone else have a similar stat? I just checked my friend who has been playing for a few years: 52.23 radiant, 43.88 dire. another is 50.16 on radiant and 46.38 on dire. A couple of them are roughly equal.

Funny how that is considering the perceived dire advantage with Rosh. Does anyone know why? I heard a theory once about how the trapezoidal camera has the potential to influence win rates but I don't know if that holds up.

Dire 1,136 54.14%
Radiant 1,120 52.50%

You need to abuse roshan advantage more. ;)

ofc there is an advantage for dire. One ward over the river and you can never get caught because you can just run out. Also, ursa, lycan and so on have such an easy time doing him early as dire. The supports would have to run over the river into the pit constantly to check while as dire you can combine it with stacking or your mid does it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dire 120
61.67%
Radiant 163
52.76%

Dire 842
55.46%
Radiant 504
52.18%

So fucking real.

I've realized that because the cha-ching sound from last hitting creeps is such a pleasant note, through operant conditioning I've become addicted to farming and prefer it over actually killing enemy heroes.

If killing heroes produced a geyser of gold and trinkets like Diablo bosses I think I'd teamfight more.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
56 radiant

45% dire

But I'm terrible at dota, what's your excuse?

Also, people get really pissed if you play dota when you're drunk. It's pretty great.

edit: Even if you carry before and after everybody on your team disconnects because you made the enemy zeus ragequit. Life is unfair.

Wok

With Dire, you have a better access to Roshan ; your jungle is hard to ward (no magic bush that I know of) ; I would say you can snipe Dire couriers more easily (but people do not try to do this often).
Radiant suffers from the magic bush blocking all the jungle in low-MMR games.

Ketch

Dire has advantage because half the time when you're running away from people on radiant you accidentally click the minimap and turn around run right into them instead.

I wonder what the game would look like played from the opposite camera angle, i.e so the dire is pushing up the way. Could it be a preference or I guess it would be hard to get used to.

Jex

I hope it's not considered rude to type "It's all ogre now!" when you quad-cast the enemy carry and blow him up instantly as Ogre Magi.

I have been playing Razor lately and after watching TI4, I think he is going to get a nerf on Static Link

It's not razors fault that enemies don't notice they are linked in team fights. He can be hard to get away from once he gets his movement speed high though.

The mini-map has resulted in many deaths for me. I would have easily escaped most but noticed too late..... Now I'm not saying I've never returned to battle when I shouldn't have!

Arkanius

It's not razors fault that enemies don't notice they are linked in team fights. He can be hard to get away from once he gets his movement speed high though.

The mini-map has resulted in many deaths for me. I would have easily escaped most but noticed too late..... Now I'm not saying I've never returned to battle when I shouldn't have!

Speaking of Static Link
Who else thinks that the TI4 immortal helm for Razor that brings the new Static Link particle is a huge disadvantage? The thing is noisy and very big, sometimes you dont notice you are static linked, but with that, it feels way higher profile than the default one.

EDIT:

Video comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwa8Nkymbdw

I get agitated every time I get a Disraptor in my game that insists on maxing thunder strike. I try to be polite as I can to these guys and explain to them that maxing Glimpse is the best thing you can do on that hero in most situations but I get rebutted with "I don't tell you how to play."
sleeping.gif

I've seen people say this before but I'm not sure I get the reasoning behind it. I'd like to learn disruptor, so could I get some help with this?

Leveling glimpse reduces it's cooldown and mana cost, and increases it's cast range. However, the cooldown is still such that it can only be used once per fight (65/50/35/20), and the range increase seems a little redundant beyond 2-3 points (600/1000/1400/1800). Meanwhile, thunderstrike is one of the most powerful non-ult nukes in the game (160/240/320/400) with a chance to catch others in it's AOE. Am I underestimating glimpse and/or overestimating thunderstrike? If so, what is the recommended skill build (assuming 4-5 position support, dual or tri safelane)? W-Q-E-W-W-R? Then max glimpse, then thunder strike and kinetic field last? Thanks!

Top Bottom