• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Haunted

I think the colours would be easier to distinguish at a glance, especially in your peripheral vision, but I haven't really tried using icons.
Face icons do tend to overlap sometimes if the heroes are literally standing right next to each other and your icons are big (you can make them smaller to counteract that), but other than that, I think it's much easier to keep track of the whole team as well as individual heroes compared to colours. Memorising nine colours and matching them to different heroes for every new game seems like needless effort if the alternative is right there.

And yeah, I think it should definitely be the standard for tournament observers.

Madouu

Ooooooh, I didn't think of the synergy with thunderstrike vision at all. It all makes sense now!

Disruptor is also a great hero for anyone that likes placing very aggressive wards since you can catch enemies with glimpse easily with them. Also, force staff is great on him, can't beat 2400 range initiation!

Thunderbolt taken alone is a great laning phase nuke but once ganks and teamfights start, you'll be far less useful since it has such a high cd and is damage over time. Generally, teams do not lack nuke or autoattack damage but a way to initiate or catch fleeing heroes, that's why maxing glimpse is best in most situations: messing up with the positioning of almost any of the enemy heroes in sight every 20 seconds is far more important than dealing 400 magical damage to close enemy targets (over 6 seconds) every 16 seconds.

Quesa

I'm going to get up on my soapbox for a moment here.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same reason they often don't make use of observers: pride. We don't need any help, we're doing fine as-is! Nevermind that reasonable observers could disagree, and who is is better suited to making that call?

I use character avatars and the only I problem I tend to have consistently is knowing when teammates are invis. I'll see a teammate run into five people and be like "yo wtf" and they'll be all "relax I'm invis"

looks like stevewinwoodstack is facing guidos in a couple hours as well...

cheer for neogafs official team

Oh you mean the team that doesn't have GAF as its tag?

G.ZZZ did all according to keikaku.
The steps necessary to get this bug were pretty complex and he did them all right.

Now we can just remake with being 5-0 down.

Razzer

Welp, I'm not gonna be there to play Steve stack sorry.

Also, Viper was a complete asshole, fucker accuses us of lying pretty clearly then says he isn't.

Edit: We weren't, for the record.

How can you not look at Gold for 3 minutes while jungling with Enigma and try to get some view on the lanes? HOW? That Viper.... I hope we get to play them again

Drama? What happened?

GZZZ got bug and didn't get Gold. He realized that 3 minutes in when he tried to buy first item. Enemy team was 5-0 up at that point and went into retard mode accusing us of lying and stuff.
We just gg'd out because admins couldn't decide shit.

kvk1

GZZZ got bug and didn't get Gold. He realized that 3 minutes in when he tried to buy first item. Enemy team was 5-0 up at that point and went into retard mode accusing us of lying and stuff.

Wow, that's frustrating. Sorry folks.

I think valve has to push techies next week unless they want some "free press", the bigger question is will they have every thing else ready.

If we don't get a blog by Wednesday I'd be worried. With Labor Day a week from Monday I don't see them deploying something that might need fixed on a holiday.

2 bugs I've experienced

1) Choosing a hero when I'm scrolling the hero selection, without me pressing anything
2) Have an ingredient in inventory, but still have to pay the full gold amount for an upgrade. Eg, have to pay 1350 for Phase Boots when I already have Boots of Speed

Anyone else had either of these occur?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
@Guidos that's hella stupid, I'll send blackmoore a message (the dude running the tournament). Was he spectating the game by any chance? Can you clearly see gzzz isn't getting gold in the replay? If you can, one of ya'll send me the replay in a PM or something.

I'm sure we can get this fixed, but regardless, hopefully you'll get to play them again in the main bracket and shit all over their faces.

yarden24

@Guidos that's hella stupid, I'll send blackmoore a message (the dude running the tournament). Was he spectating the game by any chance? Can you clearly see gzzz isn't getting gold in the replay? If you can, one of ya'll send me the replay in a PM or something.

I'm sure we can get this fixed, but regardless, hopefully you'll get to play them again in the main bracket and shit all over their faces.

Wtf @ guidos, I will pm Blackmoore asap

I was watching live and the casters could clearly see he wasn't getting any gold, im sure it will be in the replay as well.

shira

But he was abandoned/disconnected icon and they decided to play on. Wasn't all his gold being funneled to allies at that point?

BeesEight

I was watching live and the casters could clearly see he wasn't getting any gold, im sure it will be in the replay as well.

Can confirm that it was showing up in the live spectating. It appears the game was randomly registering G.ZZZ as abandoned with the disconnect symbol on his portrait as well as emptying his gold. Reconnecting would fix it temporarily.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
GAFStack descending on Blackmoore like pubstars on Singu in RMM.

elyetis

Should I get hyped for next week for Techies or are we getting Valve time once again?
The only thing which matter is how they will call that patch.
I hope it's something along the line of "the 7 months of wait".

But now that you say that, that 7 might be traded for an 8.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

yeah ok the admins and specs are fucking brain dead then, demoli is going to host the replay somewhere; no way you don't get a rematch.

Wtf @ guidos, I will pm Blackmoore asap

Thanks, I am pretty sure you could see it as a spectator.

But he was abandoned/disconnected icon and they decided to play on. Wasn't all his gold being funneled to allies at that point?

We thought it was a visual bug because he never actually dc'd from the game.... Why would ne not play on if he is clearly in the game.

From the Stream View, his unit icon was disconnected but he was still controlling the unit.

Top Bottom