• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How the fuck did 1.09 not wind High tier what is this fraudery?

fallagin

I had a game just now where the enemy had spectre, spirit beast, and lifestealer(not to mention shadow shaman). The pa on our team was getting ganked to high heaven and everyone was getting pissed(I was ancient apparition).. and I was like why get mad when the enemy literally picked an almost unstoppable combo. Of course he could have gotten a linkens, but it takes a while to farm that, and the lifestealer could just piggyback on spectre instead of spirit beast. Of course you could just keep everyone together for ever, but good luck orchestrating that in a matchmaking game, plus that leaves you open to ez split pushing.

Some people actually have no game sense of what is going on in the game and choose to get mad instead of thinking.

shira

BvxQmzOCIAE20Pp.jpg

EEnvestment banker

That's like the worst tied tie I've seen.

TUSR

Banned
idk, i watched everything live

hylian has yet to upload his casting of High tier to his hitbox
http://www.hitbox.tv/HylianSeven

Oh and I had a request from midtier not to have casters, some people didn't want to be streamed/videod live.

usually hitbox and twitch do it automatically dont they

the finalists wanted to see canucks cast vods.

yeah i wanted to hear the reaction to the mirana arrows and my 180 razes

shira

That is a weird request. If anything I could only imagine it would help them understand how to improve.

Not everyone wants to be immortalized on an animated gif

lolsanb5dr8.gif

Imagine you walk into a job interview 10 years later and the boss whips this shit out.

i just keep losing and losing and losing and ive lost the drive

think its time for a long break.

Usually you want to take a break after more than a few losses. You're probably on tilt at that point and don't even realize you're making things harder for yourself via the frustration. Don't do the, "I'm gonna play until I win" thing. It's the best way to burn yourself out.

Mordeccai

holy shit the lag right now

had to abandon since no one wanted to. not gonna play turn based dota

I have civ for that

fuckin servers man. I was kicking ass and taking names then the lag strikes.

seriously valve, no patch, shit servers recently, what kinda op you running up there you shits!

Ketch

How do orbs work on drow? I guess it just get overridden by the frost arrow. I like diffusal vs ember, but not sure who could have gotten it in that game. I guess it's probably okay on venge, but it's a lot to ask of a support.

does the diffusal purge work on searing chains?

I'm playing bot matches because of the lag and it's just not the same. I even thought about farting around with LoL but apparently those servers are having issues too.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope 6.82 makes Enfeeble better, I feel bane as a whole is a little bit underwhelming, and it being buffed could help with it.

GAF, help me.

Having picked up dota again after a 6 month break, I went on a winning spree and climbed form 3.8k up to 4k in about a week. My formula for winning every game was basically:

1. Pick Ancient Apparition
2. At the start of the game, check how greedy the enemy mid's starting build is. If I see bottle rush, smoke to their side of the map and sit on mid lane and snipe the courier as it heads out around the 2 minute mark
3. Take money for courier snipe and buy sentries/upgrade own courier, deward enemy team at runes
4. Sit in a lane for a bit to catch up on some levels, max chilling touch/ice vortex and use it to help my mid (who by that point should have a huge advantage over their mid thanks to my earlier time investment) win us the teamfights at around the 8-9 minute mark.
5. Get ice blast up off these teamfights and go on to win the game

There was a period where I won something like 18 out of 24 games using this formula, but for no apparent reason it's stopped working and I'm back down to 3.75k

I generally play support with the mantra that if I can keep my idiot teammates alive and farming, eventually they'll get enough items that they can contribute regardless of how badly they play. Lately though, I've had this trend of allies who massively overestimate their own abilities at around the 6 minute mark and completely throw the advantage I try to give them in the early game by diving towers pointlessly.

Is it time to play another role? My experience with playing non-support roles is that the guys who do play support will push our safelane with single pulls instead of rotating to gank and prioritise items like forcestaff over smoke or wards. A 5k mate of mine tells me my expectations are too high for the MMR I'm at and I should just do the traditional thing of getting really good at the solo mid role and try to snowball to victory every game.

bounchfx

I wasnt sure if you wanted your name shared!

i thought you might have wanted to be an anonymous benefactor.

oh yeah I don't mind that, I just have never seen one autographed before so I wasn't sure if it was a glitch Lol. My self mades are only signed by Oroboros!

TUSR

Banned
Fixed:
ITItRgE.png

Special thanks to bounchfx for supplying the prizes for the Gafternashiral

oh yeah I don't mind that, I just have never seen one autographed before so I wasn't sure if it was a glitch Lol. My self mades are only signed by Oroboros!

What exactly is 'Oroboros!'? I know that Andrew Helenek made the courier.

Sianos

Just had a game where the other team begged us to finish fast after we wiped them mid and took rax,.. we were all half health, but because it was late and one of them complained that he needed to get up for work, we went to finish for them. They proceed to mass buyback, stunlock us with ults, and gg push back through mid, laughing all the while at the "silly Americans".

Well then.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Yeah, it was broken a really long time, I actually waited like a solid 3 weeks before activating the codes until Valved fixed the autograph issues.

Top Bottom