• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
he's our concept guy, haha. Once he draws up some ideas, I make them in 3d, then andrew animates them if it's a courier or ward.

That mass serpent ward firing backwards is an amazing groundbreaking concept
laugh.gif

Also, Kunnka and :3 made a wonderful Gyro Set for LD, I want that Hat:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=304850558
rotation2.gif

Actually a bit surprised there is no custom icons with it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel I would rather have March Nerfed over any of his other spells. Maybe make it so you can only have 1 set of robots at once, I don't think changing it to normal Magical Damage would be enough (Maybe Physical Damage would do though.)

I feel I would rather have March Nerfed over any other spell, so god damn annoying. Maybe make it so you can only have 1 set of robots at once, I don't think changing it to normal Magical Damage would be enough (They maybe Physical Damage would do)

Making it so that he can't farm ancients is a pretty big deal, isn't it?

G-Unit

gotta protect your celebrity status.

lol.

Just had a game where the other team begged us to finish fast after we wiped them mid and took rax,.. we were all half health, but because it was late and one of them complained that he needed to get up for work, we went to finish for them. They proceed to mass buyback, stunlock us with ults, and gg push back through mid, laughing all the while at the "silly Americans".
O
Well then.

Muahaha get bent

Nirvana

But having such a detailed minimap means you can see that the buildings are actually modelled in 3D on the map.

Speaking of the minimap, I think it's much better to have it show the faces of heroes instead of Xs and symbols. Not having to remember/match the colours is one fewer step my brain has to make to process that information.

You can't tell which direction the enemies are facing though. Besides, you can just tap Alt and it shows the faces anyway, not really worth permanently changing it since you only lose information that way.

Hylian7

Tinker Nerfs:
Laser scales 1/2/3/3 second blind
Movespeed reduced by 10

Or just:

Fix blink bug.

If that's not enough:

Rearm goes on cooldown for how long the rearm would have taken if you fail, from the point you fail. For instance if you have level 1 Rearm, get 1 second in and get interrupted, it is on cooldown for 2 seconds.

J Jizzle

I got aghs and refresher on a warlock for the first time today. It was the most fun I've had in 500 hours of dota. What a pubstomper.

Holden

Or just:

Fix blink bug.

If that's not enough:

Rearm goes on cooldown for how long the rearm would have taken if you fail, from the point you fail. For instance if you have level 1 Rearm, get 1 second in and get interrupted, it is on cooldown for 2 seconds.

pretty sure the "blink bug" is intentional btw

(still should be removed)

Acinixys

I got aghs and refresher on a warlock for the first time today. It was the most fun I've had in 500 hours of dota. What a pubstomper.

I really feel that if you let Warlock, one of the games shittiest farmers, afford the 10K needed for aghs refresher you deserve to lose because you're terrible at this game

Sanjay

I feel I would rather have March Nerfed over any of his other spells. Maybe make it so you can only have 1 set of robots at once, I don't think changing it to normal Magical Damage would be enough (Maybe Physical Damage would do though.)

I've said this before but all Tinker needs is march to do only Magical Damage.

The winners of the first Gafternashiral

High tier
1. Demoli
runnerup Hylian7

Where is the Pillowknight.

Haunted

Just had a game where the other team begged us to finish fast after we wiped them mid and took rax,.. we were all half health, but because it was late and one of them complained that he needed to get up for work, we went to finish for them. They proceed to mass buyback, stunlock us with ults, and gg push back through mid, laughing all the while at the "silly Americans".

Well then.
Next level mind games.

Wok

Well then.

So you finished fast indeed.

ZeroX03

Banned
Lone Druid farms 25 minute radiance, feeds multiple times, abandons (ofc). Can't take the radi off the bear because I can't control it. Try feeding the LD and resummoning the bear, still can't take the radi. Lose game. Probably would've won with it too, this is a two year old bug Valve!

BeesEight

I'm curious, is there any justification for Tinker needing nerfs outside of simply being annoying?

Some data for the argument:

Win Rates

Pro games for entirety of 6.81: 41.1%
The International: 45%
Pub games for entirety of 6.81: 44.1%

Zeknurn

Well then.

Please Youtube this.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I really feel that if you let Warlock, one of the games shittiest farmers, afford the 10K needed for aghs refresher you deserve to lose because you're terrible at this game

For some reason that hero used to be strong as shit in my opinion. In the first six months or so of my playing the game I went like 25-0 with him.

Haunted

Puck's design and especially voice over is great

Same for furion his face looks awesome, the hots one just looks like another generic purple nightelf
What are you, some sort of bizarro Haunted? Literally the exact opposite of what I'm thinking.

I like their use of brown for everything.
The readability of several heroes in the game is actually quite shit. I can only imagine it getting worse with skins and stuff.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Random dude on Reddit had this idea:

Option in the game where a player can modify the MMR range that matchmaking will accept for games. You cannot make the range smaller, only bigger if you want. So people of widely different MMRs won't be matched together unless they've both modified their settings accordingly.

I feel like playing against people of higher MMR 1) could be a good experience and 2) when lower MMRs get stomped might even lead some people to realize they belong where they are any stop complaining.

Thoughts?

Acinixys

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/853891087

Me and axe fended off the other team for 20 - 25 mins after our team bailed. Didn't think we could last that long. Dat Sniper range.

Its amazing how much the extra gold helps you when people abandon

Myself on Slardar and some random on Alchemist won 2v4because we had such a massive gold lead

PS: This was 8 months ago so like 2k MMR dont judge

Random dude on Reddit had this idea:

Option in the game where a player can modify the MMR range that matchmaking will accept for games. You cannot make the range smaller, only bigger if you want. So people of widely different MMRs won't be matched together unless they've both modified their settings accordingly.

I feel like playing against people of higher MMR 1) could be a good experience and 2) when lower MMRs get stomped might even lead some people to realize they belong where they are any stop complaining.

Thoughts?

Fucking LOL

As if

It will make them cry even louder. Plus so many shitters already slip through the MMR net i cant imagine how terrible ranked would be

Youre 6K and Q, get matched with 4 1K MMR players and then lose 50 games in a row

BeesEight

I've never been a big fan of Blizzard's artstyle. Not that Valve doesn't have some designs that I feel are really subpar but the general approach of making everything bulbous and bulgy isn't my cup of tea.

It's like a poor man's Warhammer.

Just played with a qop who decided to max dagger first. Shit was so frustrating.

Dota2 Terrorbalde is ehhh compared to Hots. Tb running animation is funny to look at.

Top Bottom