• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
criticize all you want

but when you act like you know how to make content better than the people making content dont be surprised when someone laughs at you

I don't claim to know how to make a video game but I do know that Techies was done enough for them to showcase in front of a million people or so a month ago and there's actually no real excuse for it not being done at this point.

Not to mention I think some people are going to be disappointed when void and tinker receive little to no nerfs. As much as I want to see pub picks drastically change, tinker and void are admittedly pretty balanced, but yes, annoying. We'll see if they get the PL or SB treatment though.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE 6.82 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I don't care if lycan gets his nuts cut off and his arm amputated, icefrog pls.

Tinker hasn't even really been buffed in forever, he's pretty much a flavour of the month hero.

I honestly think the big targets will be Lycan and Doom this patch.

I don't claim to know how to make a video game but I do know that Techies was done enough for them to showcase in front of a million people or so a month ago and there's actually no real excuse for it not being done at this point.
other than they usually package this stuff in big releases and we dont know whats in that or how big it is or how much work it would require to make

sure no excuse

Is either fury swipes or enrage an unique attack modifier for ursa? I see a heart of tarrasque is under recommended items, but eye of skadi isn't, even though the latter does slightly more damage under enrage, gives more attack speed and has a useful slowing effect. Does the skadi slow not stack with fury swipes/enrage?

Thermite

6.82 Tinker Aghanim's: rearm is now instant.
wink.gif

inkls

Is either fury swipes or enrage an unique attack modifier for ursa? I see a heart of tarrasque is under recommended items, but eye of skadi isn't, even though the latter does slightly more damage under enrage, gives more attack speed and has a useful slowing effect. Does the skadi slow not stack with fury swipes/enrage?

fury swipe is no longer a unique attack modifier. just a case of valve not updating the recommended items.

It got patched pretty recently. Fury swipes is no longer a unique attack modifier. The recommended items probably hasn't been updated.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
other than they usually package this stuff in big releases and we dont know whats in that or how big it is or how much work it would require to make

sure no excuse

None of which they actually have to do. There's nothing impeding them putting out Techies this week if they want to.

And all of which is moot when this patch comes out and it's not even big, just Techies and stretch goals (80% likelihood).

Messiah

Not anymore.

Zeth

So the last few major updates, Day 1 was on a Sunday.

Considering the update was said to be releasing this week, Day 1 has a good chance of happening today if they follow the Wraith Night and New Bloom update schedule.

Don't do this ballad. Pitchforks are warming up.

Void and Tinker remain largely untouched

fury swipe is no longer a unique attack modifier. just a case of valve not updating the recommended items.

It got patched pretty recently. Fury swipes is no longer a unique attack modifier. The recommended items probably hasn't been updated.

Not anymore.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Is this a decent item build? It's a rough blueprint for a 1 position ursa, of course item builds are dependent on the specific match.

No magic wand/stick because I already have so many 'small' items. Also is getting a morbid mask/vlads before upgrading boots a good idea? And I forgot basher/abyssal blade and maelstrom/mjollnir under luxury items.

Carlius

Banned

techies might be done, everything else is not. including THE BALANCE CHANGES, cause as you know, every major patch comes with a major balance and meta change, so i dont see how you can expect them to do this so fast.

Demoli

techies might be done, everything else is not. including THE BALANCE CHANGES, cause as you know, every major patch comes with a major balance and meta change, so i dont see how you can expect them to do this so fast.

First blood and 3 spirits had no balance patch iirc. And wraith night only had a small patch with it.

Artanisix

Not every major patch comes with balance changes.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, even the holiday patches comes with a huge balance tip in that the percentage of holiday games out of total matches played goes from 0% to something retarded like 80% because hats.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
my cousin from japan said that it is taking this long because valve is trying to buy deadwood from s2 games.

kreygasm

This brings up a good point. S2 should sell off their stable of HoN heroes to other MOBAs. Not the designs, but the mechanics. Some of them were really fun, like Monkey King and
Emerald Warden.

Lotto

When are we getting Japanese VOs? Valve seems to be pretty proactive in bringing a Japanese audience to Steam even if support is still pretty lackluster, it feels like they're putting effort in.

Thanks!

EDIT:

Is this a decent item build? It's a rough blueprint for a 1 position ursa, of course item builds are dependent on the specific match.

No magic wand/stick because I already have so many 'small' items. Also is getting a morbid mask/vlads before upgrading boots a good idea? And I forgot basher/abyssal blade and maelstrom/mjollnir under luxury items.

You can get hotd instead of vlads now if you like, also consider hex in situational items.

BeesEight

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE 6.82 ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Tinker hasn't even really been buffed in forever, he's pretty much a flavour of the month hero.

I honestly think the big targets will be Lycan and Doom this patch.

I think Shadow Shaman, Morphling and Mirana may see some nerfs as well. But if there's one near guarantee it is Lycan.

Falk

that puzzling face
kreygasm

This brings up a good point. S2 should sell off their stable of HoN heroes to other MOBAs. Not the designs, but the mechanics. Some of them were really fun, like Monkey King and
Emerald Warden.

Not gonna lie, I legit miss playing Electrician.

HoN beta era Electrician. Shit was so broken. Electrician+Juggernaut easy first blood every time.

Anno

This MSI EU final is pretty great. If this is the eventual VP lineup they're going to be pretty strong with the better half of Rox. Empire looking strong, too.

shira

Is this the source of the ddos/lag?

Recap:

LizardSquad took credit for DDoSing PSN, apparently in the name of ISIS or something.
FamedGod got pissed and gave out IP addresses of everyone in LizardSquad.
LizardSquad apparently think that there on explosives on flight of John Smedley, President of Sony Online Entertainment, which has apparently been redirected.
LizardSquad are now tweeting "funny" videos which include footage from 9/11.
FamedGod will be PSN back if we report LizardSquad on Twitter.
But worst of all Brazzers was affected.

Top Bottom