• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Nulls/Blademail Furion pretty good, good enough to carry Sanjay anyway.
cool.gif

Wok

Playing Puck late game in pubs is hard. I would like Puck to be more than an initiator. Puck is one of these heroes where real skills are required, and I don't have the skills needed for late game.

I am going to play Juggernaut or Faceless Void and press R now.

Mohasus

Lich didn't cancel naix's tp. :(

edit: WOOOOOOO IT'S A TOTAL DISAAAAAASTER FOR TEAM GUIDOS. or not, 3 guys ded for a minute, let's go back.

t0rment

i'm so fucking tired of getting retards on my team. gonna take a break of this game, i'm this close of punching someone because of their dumbness.

Mohasus

I liked how the only time void focused lich, was the one that invoker blasted the guy out of the chrono and he had already cast chain frost.

I have the worst luck when I play pudge because I keep getting people standing in front of me or super close. Bloodseeker rupturing? I'm gonna hook but this same guy keeps going in the way.

#blog

elyetis

other than they usually package this stuff in big releases and we dont know whats in that or how big it is or how much work it would require to make

sure no excuse
They make the choice to "package" everything in a big patch release for PR reason. If it end up making the opposite effect because after 7 month people want content more than a nice name on a patch, too bad for them.

It gaive them a reason, but a bad excuse.

They make the choice to "package" everything in a big patch release for PR reason. If it end up making the opposite effect because after 7 month people want content more than a nice name on a patch, too bad for them.

It gaive them a reason, but a bad excuse.

There has been plenty of content in the last 7 months.

There hasn't been a new hero in 7 months.

People are over-exaggerating droughts.

Demoli

Pretty much. Spring cleaning was only a balance patch and bug fixes iirc. Its 7 month of no new modes and most importantly no new heroes.

Mode was rushed though. 1v1 should be the same heroes, instead peoplen just pick stuff like viper or bane or axe, which is not what the mode should have been.

so do you want quality stuff that takes time

or rushed out things to fill artificial quotas by people on the internet

Demoli

Team trasher is a bunch of dodgers spread the word :shrug:

Edit: I feel that the window of time that they ahd between the updates its perfectly reasonable to expect a proper game mode and not a rushed mess.

Same reason why we should expect 3 more heroes by the end of this year at the very least.

Team trasher is a bunch of dodgers spread the word :shrug:

Edit: I feel that the window of time that they ahd between the updates its perfectly reasonable to expect a proper game mode and not a rushed mess.

Same reason why we should expect 3 more heroes by the end of this year at the very least.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, that it's obviously not for the amount of people they have on the project currently.

They either have other things on their plates, or things take longer than people understand.

Both of those I believe to be reasonable.

I don't however think they're just sitting at their desks twirling their pencils around which a lot of people seem to.

You can certainly think that maybe they should have more people to do things on Dota 2, and maybe they should. But they don't right now. And spamming the front page of r/dota2 doesn't really help anyone.

shira

So the last few major updates, Day 1 was on a Sunday.

Considering the update was said to be releasing this week, Day 1 has a good chance of happening today if they follow the Wraith Night and New Bloom update schedule.

Sunday-ton is not hattening.

PS I heard those 500 minute point boosters don't run out.

elyetis

There has been plenty of content in the last 7 months.

There hasn't been a new hero in 7 months.

People are over-exaggerating droughts.
1 Balance update and bugfixes ? or the hats from the compendium ?
That plenty of content in the past 7 months are nothing compared to any other 7 month in the dota 2 dev history ( where 7 month would also always mean balance patch, maybe a new game mode, matchmaking or something, and... hero(s) ), thats pretty much it.

Why would anyone think the current situation is far less than before, and definitly not plenty, you might want to ask that to someone who wouldn't have been surprised to see 3 new hero released 4 month ago, almost saying it as if it was obvious.
and in a week youll have 3 new heroes and complain about how valve released them too fast and now all the idiots in your pubs just instapick them all
But it seems like you would need to ask it to yourself.

And no that doesn't mean I think their developers are lazy or bad ( just that it tell quite a bit about how many of them are still working on that project, which is what I complain about ), and yes I know what working as a programmer is like ( thought not in the gaming industry ).

Goddard

Considering uninstalling the game. I just had my 1000th game of dota, we had timbersaw, Zeus, Lone Druid, Silencer, and ember spirit. Less than 25 minutes into the game we had all 6 of their outer towers down and the score was 28-5, with a 21000 gold advantage, but our lone druid was fucking horrendous and kept farming instead of fighting, lost us 4 fights in a row by intentionally not showing up, after which he started intentionally feeding and stealing items off the courier from teammates. The game was so certain that 22 minutes in 3 people on the enemy team said to just finish already and were just camping their own fountain. We lost.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/854557078

Literally the worst game of Dota 2 I have ever seen in my whole life.

EDIT: And of course to the surprise of no one a lone druid that stole items and fed a game away without saying a single word the whole game is from, you guessed it! Peru. He also has 0 commends for friendly on his profile. Ohh boy.

REGION LOCK MATCHMAKING.

1 Balance update and bugfixes ? or the hats from the compendium ?
That plenty of content in the past 7 months are nothing compared to any other 7 month in the dota 2 dev history ( where 7 month would also always mean balance patch, maybe a new game mode, matchmaking or something, and... hero(s) ), thats pretty much it.

Why would anyone think the current situation is far less than before, and definitly not plenty, you might want to ask that to someone who wouldn't have been surprised to see 3 new hero released 4 month ago, almost saying it as if it was obvious.

But it seems like you would need to ask it to yourself.

And no that doesn't mean I think their developers are lazy or bad ( just that it tell quite a bit about how many of them are still working on that project, which is what I complain about ), and yes I know what working as a programmer is like ( thought not in the gaming industry ).

the point of that post is that you would complain about whatever happened no matter what

Tenck

Considering uninstalling the game. I just had my 1000th game of dota, we had timbersaw, Zeus, Lone Druid, Silencer, and ember spirit. Less than 25 minutes into the game we had all 6 of their outer towers down and the score was 28-5, with a 21000 gold advantage, but our lone druid was fucking horrendous and kept farming instead of fighting, lost us 4 fights in a row by intentionally not showing up, after which he started intentionally feeding and stealing items off the courier from teammates. The game was so certain that 22 minutes in 3 people on the enemy team said to just finish already and were just camping their own fountain. We lost.

EDIT: And of course to the surprise of no one a lone druid that stole items and fed a game away without saying a single word the whole game is from, you guessed it! Peru. He also has 0 commends for friendly on his profile. Ohh boy.

REGION LOCK MATCHMAKING.

Region lock doesn't help anyone. If you want to blame it on something, let it be the fact that you played all pick.

REGION LOCK MATCHMAKING.

I play on EU West and it happened to me as well. Peruvians aren't any better or worse than anyone else. Dota just attracts the worst kind of people.

Kard8p3

REGION LOCK MATCHMAKING.

Bye.

JambiBum

REGION LOCK MATCHMAKING.
Maybe instead of camping their fountain you should have taken buildings and finished the game.

Trasher

I thought u guys were suppose to play freakinchair's team?

I wanted to play them full strength without standins so I didn't commit to that one yet haha. I've had like less than half my team for these first two weeks of games. Dodgers on my own team!

Top Bottom