• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

inkls

Do techies mines get destroyed by only rightclick damage or do spells with physical damage such as bristle back also work?

You can run around with a gem and scout them. And most mine stacks are too small to kill a bear.

Yeah but at what stage are you getting a gem on the bear? Going to be difficult in the first 30 min of the game where you are farming to get a radiance > AC or Mjollnir > Basher.

Fuuuuuuuuu

You still have broodmother spiderlings, just use single sipderlings to disarm mines. They're cheap and its not like you're feeding tons of gold comparing to the ammount of mines he should have placed to get kills (11-21 gold for an entire mine stack).

Nyx would be nice for single mines with spiked carapace, but I doubt this will happen often.

beastmaster's boar will find a use certainly. Also enigma eidolons and np treants. If earth spirit's remnant triggers them that would be also great. Juggernaut healing ward too. Illusion heroes like pl, tb and naga will be really good also. Also exort invoker with forge spirits. Dazzle with shallow grave. Chen and ench creeps. Doom with the troll creeps. Huskar too with his increased magic resist. Lycan wolves. Maybe earthshaker Fissure. Tusk frozen sigil.

kvk1

seemeplay.ru(bbish)

"There is no Dota TV tonight, due to no ticket and also the provider wants people watching on the streams."

facepalm.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I mean you have to attack them to destroy them.

Ketch

Mines have to be attacked.

just run the spiderling through the mine and it blows up right

the real answer to techies is a hard support with sentry wards… lots of sentry wards. Do mines give gold when you kill them?

In addition to hero counters lets talk about the best place to put mines there for the best place to put sentries to spot mines.

side shop, seret shop, runes, pathways from safe lane to jungle. high ground/lowground transitions.

I think radiant ancient ward, the lane wards that overlook the river, and side shops are probably the best place to put sentries starting out. And then just avoid the pathways from jungle to safe lane until you can afford more sentries.

Also FYI mines are composite so magic immune heroes like life stealer and juggr will still take damage. Also probably huskers resistance wouldn't help too much. Mines do more damage the closer you are the center when they blow up… so if you're careful you can stand just on the outside radius and only take half damage.

Hylian7

Do techies mines get destroyed by only rightclick damage or do spells with physical damage such as bristle back also work?

Yeah but at what stage are you getting a gem on the bear? Going to be difficult in the first 30 min of the game where you are farming to get a radiance > AC or Mjollnir > Basher.

You still have broodmother spiderlings, just use single sipderlings to disarm mines. They're cheap and its not like you're feeding tons of gold comparing to the ammount of mines he should have placed to get kills (11-21 gold for an entire mine stack).

Nyx would be nice for single mines with spiked carapace, but I doubt this will happen often.

beastmaster's boar will find a use certainly. Also enigma eidolons and np treants. If earth spirit's remnant triggers them that would be also great. Juggernaut healing ward too. Illusion heroes like pl, tb and naga will be really good also. Also exort invoker with forge spirits. Dazzle with shallow grave. Chen and ench creeps. Doom with the troll creeps. Huskar too with his increased magic resist. Lycan wolves. Maybe earthshaker Fissure. Tusk frozen sigil.
Gem doesn't work on the bear.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Playing brood is fun. You get to make a ton of babies and they eat people early on. What's not to love?

Well, with Techies in a game, it's like 4v5.

With Brood in a game, it's also 4v5.

Therefore, Techies vs Brood is 4v4.

Razzer

I can imagine Techies is excellent when you have a 1 role mid, as you can place mines in the usual smoke gank pathways, making it way harder for supports to shut them down.

kvk1

With the Dailymotion fiasco, and now this, the joinDOTA guys seem to be real gluttons for punishment when it comes to casting big games on start-up/shaky platforms.

With the Dailymotion fiasco, and now this, the joinDOTA guys seem to be real gluttons for punishment when it comes to casting big games on start-up/shaky platforms.

Well it's not like they really get a choice when they're the ones sponsoring the tournament

Low Tier
Today I played with a hylian7. I highlighted mid and he threw a tantrum cuz he didnt get to play tinker. He picked chen and didn't know how to play it. What a disastrous -25.

Hylian7

Today I played with a hylian7. I highlighted mid and he threw a tantrum cuz he didnt get to play tinker. He picked chen and didn't know how to play it. What a disastrous -25.
The only time I have ever picked Chen was the time I had him for my Compendium hero. I did pretty well.

Top Bottom