• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

BeesEight

Except the year before TI3, proved that wrong.

I didn't begin complaining like that about dota 2 developement after TI3 because I became an asshole that year ( I was always one ), but because something changed at that time, for the worst. Even thought people ( even 'close' to Valve ) were trying to downplay it saying that we would even see the advantage of their new way of working/releasing patch ( which now does seems to show that it's mostly "work with far less people, but make the -slow- release fancy in a big patch" ) with a patch like 3 spirits.

That's also why like many people who complained about dota 2 developement, I had positive comments during the year of the beast ( 'close' to 2 other decent content patch, we knew about it before hand ( wow communication ), a really nice chunk of content during that patch ).

So no, every complaints can't be ignored under the guise of saying that the very same people would complain no matter what, as if it's always undeserved complaints.

So what you are saying is you've only been complaining about Dota 2 since its release?

elyetis

So what you are saying is you've only been complaining about Dota 2 since its release?
I didn't know my english was that bad.

edit : oh you mean "release" as in no longer in beta ?

If so, yes pretty much, the beta phase/'active' development should have lasted 1 more year, it pretty much would have meant that the parity would have been achieved before the release, and most likely the modding tools too ( having them ready -before- you slow down the content developement seems like the best thing to do, as to make the transition easier on the community which then compensate the slower official content release, with community made content ).

Why are you all so thirsty for new content btw? I can understand wanting to see current heroes added to captain's mode to get more variety in competitive games when you watch them, but unless you've been playing for over 5 years and 4000+ hours there is no way you don't still have like 60+ heroes to learn and experiment and try builds with.

I'd much rather have valve fix some current bugs and do something about their awful servers than get more hats and more heroes.

What good does releasing another hero when you have a 'backlog' of multiple dozens of heroes you haven't given a proper go yet.

Why are you all so thirsty for new content btw? I can understand wanting to see current heroes added to captain's mode to get more variety in competitive games when you watch them, but unless you've been playing for over 5 years and 4000+ hours there is no way you don't still have like 60+ heroes to learn and experiment and try builds with.

I'd much rather have valve fix some current bugs and do something about their awful servers than get more hats and more heroes.

What good does releasing another hero when you have a 'backlog' of multiple dozens of heroes you haven't given a proper go yet.

I don't care about techies, I just crave a balance patch because theorycrafting is my favorite part of the game since I'm the most boring person north of the equator.

elyetis

Depend of the player. I wouldn't say that someone who mostly play 1-2 hero because he really love the playstyle play the game wrong, yet it's the very release of those given hero which allowed them to get to that point.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I want to watch as people realize how happy they were without Techies in the game. Gonna be a good time.

Same. I'm really excited for the huge explosion of posts like: "Man I had someone pick techies on my team AGAIN this game, it's like playing 4v5 you always lose..."

That being said, I'm looking forward to a balance patch so nerds playing CM have no idea what to pick because they can't just copy TI drafting style.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Same. I'm really excited for the huge explosion of posts like: "Man I had someone pick techies on my team AGAIN this game, it's like playing 4v5 you always lose..."

That being said, I'm looking forward to a balance patch so nerds playing CM have no idea what to pick because they can't just copy TI drafting style.

As if a new patch stops people from copying TI drafts.

KingKong

I don't see techies being that popular, they're way too slow and have a crappy autoattack, beyond the first couple of games of people thinking they're going to set up amazing traps, everyone will go back to normal heroes (TI meta carries)

I don't see techies being that popular, they're way too slow and have a crappy autoattack, beyond the first couple of games of people thinking they're going to set up amazing traps, everyone will go back to normal heroes (TI meta carries)

I can see him being really popular in low tiers but not so much in higher tiers, like Pudge

Haly

He'll be popular at all tiers.

Get ready to learn how to draft if you want playable games.

Hylian7

This is totally random, and no one probably cares, but I apologize for losing my cool yesterday, both to this thread and my unfortunate teammates yesterday (even though the chances of them ever reading this are slim to none). We had a bad team comp, I got pissed and yelled at me team about it. Somehow we still won. I'm surprised I didn't get muted. It was the game I posted about yesterday, with the Tinker, Void, Doom, LC, and Lion.

kvk1

This is totally random, and no one probably cares, but I apologize for losing my cool yesterday, both to this thread and my unfortunate teammates yesterday (even though the chances of them ever reading this are slim to none). We had a bad team comp, I got pissed and yelled at me team about it. Somehow we still won. I'm surprised I didn't get muted. It was the game I posted about yesterday, with the Tinker, Void, Doom, LC, and Lion.

It takes a big man to admit his mistakes, and you are that big man.

Haly

Why would you pick an anti-fun hero like BM to counter an anti-fun hero?

That's just asking for a no-fun game.

Mohasus

The best techies counter:

showur1.jpg

shadowfrench, rip in peaces. never forget.

Ketch

Very nice. The first step in fixing your problems is admitting you have them.

I admit that I suck shit at dota.

Haly

My problem is that I might be too good at DOTA2, and I wind up ruining games for other people.

Top Bottom