• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

viper counts also as a safelane carry. Remember our support sven game ;)

You mean when your 'support' sven had the highest gpm on our team
cheeky.gif
?

The Meepo in the new players section.

Gotta get that micro in early while they still learnin'.

Yes because I'm a complete moron QQ

How on earth did I fall for this god damn thing.

Important lesson to be learned here: don't add people who have private profiles and have no friends who you associate with on Steam, whom you've never met before (say in a pub game or something).

Don't do it. I ignore every single request like those because 99% of the time they're either trolls attempting to get things for little/nothing or outright scam artists attempting to phish or run some sort of con.

If you want to give strangers the opportunity to send you trade offers, you can set that up right in your profile description. For example: http://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=35432416&token=Bj_wTpF9

-Go to your inventory.
-Click on the Trade Offers button.
-Click on the "Who can send me trade offers?" link in the right nav bar.
-Scroll down to the "Third Party Sites" section and copy & paste the URL into your profile.

BraXzy

Important lesson to be learned here: don't add people who have private profiles and have no friends who you associate with on Steam, whom you've never met before (say in a pub game or something).

Don't do it. I ignore every single request like those because 99% of the time they're either trolls attempting to get things for little/nothing or outright scam artists attempting to phish or run some sort of con.

Yeah I know I'm gonna follow this rule from now on. I usually don't accept random requests but I had a bunch and I wasn't sure if it was someone I might know. I definitely won't be trading through random requests again that's for sure.

Here are some suggestions for easy-to-pick-up heroes in each role (you'll learn about roles eventually). Just look up heroes on the wiki and play a bot match with them if they seem fun.

Support: Lich, Lion, Jakiro
Carry: Wraith King, Drow Ranger
Mid: Viper, Sniper
Offlane: Bristleback

wraith king for a beginner? he's super easy to play but no newb is going to farm a blink dagger on him... so he'll just get kited all game long and have no fun at all.

Sniper is terrible for beginners, you need to be good at positioning and have good map awareness, you are out of position = you are food, beginner sniper pickers have a terrible winrate on that hero

bristle needs a good time in lane and a good start to not suck dick midgame, if you die a few times early on him you can't do anything, he can be fun though.

Picking a lane crushing hero that doesn't need a large amount of farm sounds better for a new player:

Viper : might help him understand how creep aggro and orbs attacks work, easy to play, doesn't need massive farm

centaur: ez fun ult, stomp double edge, super tanky, even without blink you can blunder about and feel like you're doing something

razor: press r , link any enemy (preferably a carry:p) right click stuff, press q when they run away (newbies will press q in melee range but w/e)
It's easy build a racecar build on him which is always fun for anyone , and works really well in low level pubs

or just easy to have fun on heroes :

zeus: easy last hits with q, ult to kill secure:p Always a newbie favorite

nyx: invis and 2 stuns and ganks without items, go into enemy territory like a ninja and feel like a hunter

shadow shaman: serpent wards to help newbies push towers, learn to appreciate how powerful hexes are (though new players won't level it early:p) , even if you play terribly you can feel like you accomplish something with the ult

Yeah I know I'm gonna follow this rule from now on. I usually don't accept random requests but I had a bunch and I wasn't sure if it was someone I might know. I definitely won't be trading through random requests again that's for sure.

Just add a trade link via instructions above. That way you can still entertain trade offers without having to add anyone.

Quesa

I'll take raffle ruiner over being a creep.

It's funny because Tobi is one of the most toxic people behind the scenes. I should really blow the lid on all the shady shit he does.

Patch confirmed Use your break to write that book. You know, step away from writing about dota to write about dota

I'll take raffle ruiner over being a creep.

It's funny because Tobi is one of the most toxic people behind the scenes. I should really blow the lid on all the shady shit he does.

dude gaf are going to be over this post like flies on shit
gaf feeds on drama, be careful not to get sucked into it:p

inkls

The Meepo in the new players section.

Ah I see lol. Someone should remake those pics for the next OT tbh. Really need to help newer players get a start if they prefer reading rather then asking in the thread.

what the heck are you guys doing?

dotabuff link for the game please

Print screen already gave you the link for the game but its mostly a joke tbh. We were playing random draft and I was last pick and I wanted to counter the meepo pick and I acted pretty bad mannered and picked sven when we already had carries. So we decided to play him as a support sven. Essentially got some xp from pulling with rubick and just denying in lane. We got first blood by stacking stuns so our safelane went pretty well, but I didn't know what to build on a support sven so I just got my boots and mask of madness and farmed in the jungle for a major part of the game since from what I saw my team could handle teamfights without me so i was able to get a bkb and a Crystalys so i was able to make a good contribution into the later teamfights (getting a triple kill from rightclicking a single target feels so good).

So we were kind of joking about "support sven" the whole game because I was farming and ended with the highest last hits on our team. It was still pretty bad mannered for me to pick him tho.

Haunted

Tobi is a bottom tier Dota caster. The scene should've matured and left him behind naturally at this point.

Think HuskyStarcraft for SC2.

Vade

Lumi is the worst caster, how the fuck do you cast in 'english' when you cannot even speak the fucking language.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I put a picture of my newborn son up and it hit the first page of r/funny - and it got 200 comments saying how ugly, fat and retarded he looked.

inkls

i dont get reddit boys,

i just dont

Its kinda why I was happy neogaf skipped the "like comments" craze. Not really a fan and some people will just post about anything to farm/get likes or in this case upvotes.

Its not all one sided tho, theres some pretty good stuff in there.

Top Bottom