• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Artanisix

Tobi is a good caster but a bad person
facepalm.gif

Screen cap:
xHgCSdb.png

---

Tobi was doing a sub-only raffle on his stream, and Matt said that's against Twitch's TOS and stopped it (the state of CA considers this to be gamling and it's against the state's law). Tobi got mad at Matt over this, and removed him as a mod from the stream. Matt then posted the above.

The problem is...most of the guys he stacks with do raffles aswell.. sing sing did something similar after TI4

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This is what I don't understand. The Spring Cleaning update is barely 3 months old and a lot of people already call the meta stale. Those same people would lose their mind if they were in the FGC. We have a balance update at most once a year for the most popular fighting game (SF4) or never for Marvel. The matches are lightning fast and we're doing fine.
Well just look at the awesome content League is getting.

"Master Tier is a new, highly exclusive ranked tier between Diamond 1 and Challenger."

Its no wonder the Dota community is so on edge for new content after the competitors reveal such amazing new features.

inkls

Can we talk about Dota?

I think brood should be balanced and added to cm at the same time techies is. A really strong pick against him.

Arc warden's ult would also be very good against him, especially if you build blademail and reflect 100% dmg without taking a hit.

Einbroch

Banned
Well just look at the awesome content League is getting.

"Master Tier is a new, highly exclusive ranked tier between Diamond 1 and Challenger."

Its no wonder the Dota community is so on edge for new content after the competitors reveal such amazing new features.

Why do you do this. Really makes me not want to visit the thread and see what's going on with Doto. :(

Hylian7

I've always enjoyed Tobi's casting and never liked his personality. The stuff Matt said really doesn't surprise me. Now the creepy pictures thing, I'm not sure if he was referring to the cosplay girls or the "Drow Waifu" stuff.

BeesEight

Damn. Even in their worst slump, EGM and Akke have been the constant outperformers in Alliance.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised by this as well. TI3 finals were bans against the support players of Alliance. That's unfortunate, I was hoping they would stick together.

So they are what, 2 players left now?
It's not really alliance anymore if you kick all the players is it.

Better to cheer for players (meracle!) than for teams imo

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
This is what I don't understand. The Spring Cleaning update is barely 3 months old and a lot of people already call the meta stale. Those same people would lose their mind if they were in the FGC. We have a balance update at most once a year for the most popular fighting game (SF4) or never for Marvel. The matches are lightning fast and we're doing fine.

4 months, to be fair. Which is on the longer end of the usual time between balance changes for the game.

Quesa

Y'all are feeding my green square addiction thx

And hoo boy do a lot of people need the patch to drop to get them out of the limelight

Einbroch

Banned

And hoo boy do a lot of people need the patch to drop to get them out of the limelight

Limelight. Heh.

Doesn't seem like a reason to dislike him, so he posts some dota cosplay?
The first one is weird but that's what happens with twitter I guess, you say something stupid or weird without thinking and it's recorded for history.
I never understood why people use twitter or facebook

You don't find it odd he'd want his daughter to look like someone he finds sexually appealing?

Maybe it didn't sound that way in his head, another reason not to shout your every thought on the internet with a megaphone.

The racism stuff and the contract clause sounds bad, but the twitter shit sounds just petty.

I'm done talking about it it has nothing to do with doters:p

manfestival

I swear the drama in here right now is worse than the drama I have to deal with being in the dancing industry. Whats wrong with you people? I thought this was video games and not drama central. I see people grasping hard left and right

Einbroch

Banned
I swear the drama in here right now is worse than the drama I have to deal with being in the dancing industry. Whats wrong with you people? I thought this was video games and not drama central. I see people grasping hard left and right

You think people in here are seriously upset or invested in this? I'm just seeing a bunch of off-hand comments and people laughing. It's not drama when no one really cares. :p

Kioshen

4 months, to be fair. Which is on the longer end of the usual time between balance changes for the game.

Yeah it seemed I miscalculated the time difference but still. According to the Dota 2 Wiki 3-4 months seems to be the trend for major balance changes.

• 6.81 April 29 2014
  • 6.80 January 29 2014
  • 6.79 October 21 2013
  • 6.78 June 4 2013
  • 6.77 December 19 2012

I guess people are just used to the content delivery of a beta instead of an actual stable product (more or less).

manfestival

You think people in here are seriously upset or invested in this? I'm just seeing a bunch of off-hand comments and people laughing. It's not drama when no one really cares. :p

I deal with enough drama thanks to dancing in my outside of work life. Seeing this right now is just kotlzzz.gif territory. Most drama is nonsense anyways and only really an issue when its constantly being pushed by one side over another side to antagonize.

perfect

also loda sphere from facelessvoid and bulba is garbage. lets go tinkerino!

Could I just ask which other casters seem like horrible people?

I mean I don't keep a list or anything, but basically anyone who throws out sexist, racist, and generally offensive speech on their streams. As an example, I feel like I can't get through a cast these days without hearing "retard" or "retarded."

I know that probably doesn't bother most people but it just seems really unprofessional and unnecessarily mean in some cases.

Top Bottom