• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

Global maintenance on Wednesday? Yup, Techies.

That's Korean time babo,
t1409097600z1.png

Tuesday 8PM EST

Can we decide now what drama we can latch onto after there is no patch tomorrow?
Smash roster drama. Always Smash roster drama.

I wonder when we'll get Pit Lord. I always thought he was after LC given he shows up in her lore but there's been a few heroes since.

Played recently on of the most closest game. Team fights left and right, aggression on both sides till the end.
I was playing Huskar. I miss ghost scepter Huskar. Don't hate me.
sVUfATP.png

Goddard

Okay so, I know everyone hates it when someone bitches and complains about matchmaking, but you know how 4 stacks are complete cancer, because no matter how friendly the 5th player is they will almost always be treated like lesser?

I queued on US East. English preference. Solo. I got queued with a 4 stack of Chileans living in Chile. None of them spoke a word of English. Despite us winning by a huge landslide, what in the fuck. Like if you have that many people to play with, pick 1 more and play on Brazilian servers to avoid lag, it's not like they will get queued with any Brazilians on their team.

Bad7667

Okay so, I know everyone hates it when someone bitches and complains about matchmaking, but you know how 4 stacks are complete cancer, because no matter how friendly the 5th player is they will almost always be treated like lesser?

I queued on US East. English preference. Solo. I got queued with a 4 stack of people currently living in Chile. Despite us winning by a huge landslide, what in the fuck.

I've had one 4 stack where 3 of the guys apologized for their asshole friend. But that has never happened again.

Kalnos

Banned
I've had one 4 stack where 3 of the guys apologized for their asshole friend. But that has never happened again.

I have done that before. It's because sometimes it's a friend of a friend and you don't know how big of an asshole they are until you start playing.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I have the opposite problem. If we four stack 50% of the time the last guy instalocks pudge or whatever and then loses mid hard and complains

I queued on US East. English preference. Solo. I got queued with a 4 stack of Chileans living in Chile. None of them spoke a word of English. Despite us winning by a huge landslide, what in the fuck. Like if you have that many people to play with, pick 1 more and play on Brazilian servers to avoid lag, it's not like they will get queued with any Brazilians on their team.

At least chilean guys are good.
Try playing with "Peru Peru Pe-pe-pe" -.-!

Goddard

I'm sure it was all your fault and repeatedly pinging you after they all suicide dove a tower was completely justified

This is the kind of shit that makes me so happy that 4 stacks aren't allowed in ranked.

It's good to see the spirit of thacker is well and alive in this thread
highfive.gif

Because rampant xenophobia is a product of Thacker and not the Dota community. Lol. for all of that guys fucking insanity his dota related insanity was the most normal of it by a long shot.

The stack was only a stack of 2.

They went 7/30/29 vs 42/6/20 in their lane :( Witch Doctor got fed as fuck.

One time I was queuing with my friend who at the time just recently started playing dota (he had like 15 matches under his belt,) and as Bloodseeker I farmed heroes so much that by 19 minutes I had 16 kills. My jaw hit the floor big time when a death prophet on our team somehow managed to get 18 deaths and no kills in the same amount of time. This game has the most ridiculous shit happen within it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Woah can't believed i missed all of the controversy, hopefully matt doesn't get into trouble if what i read in a certain was true and not photoshopped. That shit i read was fucking insane. Anyway techies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
dont worry steve, gaf is still my #1, reddit is just the beta bitch

Though legit I'm happy someone finally made a thread about that SF "bug." SF isn't the cleanest of ports, his raze is more sluggish and his ulti lines just don't function correctly compared to dota 1 and HoN. Like the dude pointed out, even when you're directly on top of someone, it seems like only about half the lines will hit even though it should be nearly all of them. Overfarmed SF one shots were super common in both dota1 and HoN, in dota2 you'll rarely see this happen, maybe once a month to that 500 hp support.

And that's just the gameplay side. Let's hope they fix the lack of swag walk, dota 2 sf ain't got shit on soulstealer and nevermore.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've become determined to one day be less shit at Earthshaker. So far it's still a work in progress. I dunno why but I just can't seem to figure out how to make this guy useful without feeding. I don't know where and how to lane and it makes me fall behind in xp and farm unless I'm actively partaking in every early kill attempt and even when I do I feel like more often than not I'm trading my life away so that someone on my team can survive and get the kill. Also that hero has one of the worst mana cost to mana pool ratios early. It doesn't feel optional to get blink before arcanes like some strength supports.

TUSR

Banned
I've become determined to one day be less shit at Earthshaker. So far it's still a work in progress. I dunno why but I just can't seem to figure out how to make this guy useful without feeding. I don't know where and how to lane and it makes me fall behind in xp and farm unless I'm actively partaking in every early kill attempt and even when I do I feel like more often than not I'm trading my life away so that someone on my team can survive and get the kill. Also that hero has one of the worst mana cost to mana pool ratios early. It doesn't feel optional to get blink before arcanes like some strength supports.

core es

manfestival

Isn't that like asking why there's so much flaming and arguing on neogaf when game developers post here? I thought NEL was entirely informal

thats not a proper comparison at all. I dont know how NEL works clearly. It looks like its a tournament and shows up as one in dota 2 but I havent looked into it. You arent really answering my question anyways.

so if its inhouses, how does it even work overall and why does it require a ticket if its not really anything?

Top Bottom