• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

DS is actually pretty solid at harrassing if he puts ion shell on himself instead of the creeps because he's pretty tanky early and can stay up on people with his surge. Aggressive jungle would have also been great cause the little dude is hard to catch out and it would have disrupted their Doom's jungling.

I just really didn't have anywhere else to go. We had a Lina mid and a Disruptor/PA combo bot. I was on a Riki.

Who picked first? I mean if DS picked first and wanted offlane then it was either you or PA who caused the lanes to suck. Not saying it was you but terrible last picks are half the reason All Pick is so awful

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Sorry if I'm late to the party, but HOLY FUCK I cannot wait to see team secret in action. S4, Puppey, notail, fly, and kuroky. Like holy mother of god that is one hell of a team.

That's what I thought until I saw them play against Alliance.

I mean, the team has 3 of my favourite pro players, but they're lacking a world class carry. I know Kuro and Fly have both played the 1 position on past teams, but I dunno.

I'm expecting great things out of these guys, also Team Tinker.

Basically. I also want them to do super well, they just need to practice like hell.

I randomed Riki as soon as the game loaded

You got what you deserved you filthy riki picker
sick.gif

Nirvana

Aaaaand here is the Reddit thread I was talking about. The whining continues. Just wait for the patch, it's not like it stops you from playing the damn game.

Aaaaand here is the Reddit thread I was talking about. The whining continues. Just wait for the patch, it's not like it stops you from playing the damn game.
"if they werent going to keep their promise they shouldnt have said anything to begin with"

are you kidding me right now

Nirvana

"if they werent going to keep their promise they shouldnt have said anything to begin with"

are you kidding me right now

The entire post is a joke, the self-righteous indignation is palatable. The guy is saying 'there will be a huge shitstorm' while attempting to create one, as if he's the good guy for warning Valve about the shit he is flinging.

The Dota community is ridiculous sometimes
all the time

Pratfall

Blink Tusk is shenanigans with the new snowball.

I honestly wish pros saw a slot for tusk in their lineups or if he got some buffs here or there to help him find a place in the pro scene. Watching DK pilot that Undying/Tusk combo in TI4 was one of the most refreshing pro dota matches I have seen in a while.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The entire post is a joke, the self-righteous indignation is palatable. The guy is saying 'there will be a huge shitstorm' while attempting to create one, as if he's the good guy for warning Valve about the shit he is flinging.

The Dota community is ridiculous sometimes
all the time

I mean, regardless of the fact that it's all pretty dumb, he's not wrong in saying there will be a shitstorm. I don't think that's up for debate really.

Raytow

I honestly wish pros saw a slot for tusk in their lineups or if he got some buffs here or there to help him find a place in the pro scene. Watching DK pilot that Undying/Tusk combo in TI4 was one of the most refreshing pro dota matches I have seen in a while.
Undying/Tusk? man I completely missed that one, against who is it, gonna try to find it.

inkls

Ack, ended up doing work really late but will add you on steam now. Not sure what displays when you add someone but my name is currently Galactic Explorer Astro Cosmos.

Edit: privatebundy doesn't show up in my search. :( I added inkls, though (assuming you're the plague doctor avatar guy).

yep. Hupsel is hupsel on steam. Dunno where that "privatebundy" thing came from, just report him.

Razzer

[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/861152989
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: eheheheh
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: would u like me to post?
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: ehehehehe
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: how it is
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: to win a game
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: i don't remember
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: a distant memory....
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: what mmr are u?
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: 4150
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: 900 mmr drop almost lolz
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: last pick SF
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: i go 17-6
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: team 5 carry
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: still lose lategame
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: I think
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: KAPPA
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: I might just post this log tbh
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: yeah watch that link
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: just that zzz
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: 17-6-3
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: still lose
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: the other game
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: 16-6-6
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: still lose
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: there's
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: i can't
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: you know there is one solution
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: ES
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: yeah start
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: learn him
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: picking for the team
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: but i wanna go mid
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: and stomp
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: i'll probably start to pick supports again
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: cause ppl are terrible
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: beyond word
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: at 4k
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: 4.8k
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: at least supps
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: I wish you luck comrade!
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: know how to pull decently
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: lol
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: and understand things like
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: if you have a melee carry don't pick a melee supp! you suck in lane
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: et
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: c
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/860690749
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: so what you are saying is i would be 7K if i didn't random every game
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: this was funny too
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: but at least
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: they had the lategame so it's not even that bad
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: even if a Skywrath losing mid to tinke r
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: WAT
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: you were ahead too lolz
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: they can't even farm jeez
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: all below 300 gpm
[GUIDOS] Old King Coal: exept you
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: :D
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: the TA game is worse tbh
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: like
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: umpossible :simpsons:
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: both TA games
well spread my message
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: #ROADTO4K
[GUIDOS] G.ZZZ -764 this month: #I'LL GET TO 4K BEFORE HYLIAN
Presented without commment.

Raytow

Presented without commment.
I was watching a game where he went Pudge and had to buy wards, because there was no supports whatsoever, the difference between my shit tier and his were minuscule, biggest one was probably ancients stacking.
ps: Pratfall thankies.

bbd23

lets see

first ranked game of the morning we have rune vision enemy team picks it up, i tell them to play safe and back up (clearly going for them) get blamed for the rest of the game after they refuse to listen

second game someone picks tinker but another dude on our team said he ghost picked mid (skywrath was who he wanted to pick) and now they are dual mid and fucking with the courier, destroying each others items etc.

well ill stick to parties from now

Pratfall

I discovered. Managed to snatch an Aegis and we won so I guess I didn't do too horribly.

Phoenix gets fun once you get some items up. Her ult is insane right now if you land spirits on people first and get good positioning. Go tranquils, mek, shivas and you become divebombing medic/teamfight bird. Start shivas, dive into teamfight, mek, shoot spirits, ult. Some people build heart on her but I'm not sure I understand that. I did it once but I felt like I contributed very little after I blew my cooldowns and heart doesn't help you at all when you ult.

She is best as solo mid or offlane, pretty garbage support.

Hylian7

I'm not sure whos more OP out of Phoenix and ES. Probably ES.
Absolutely ES. The other day I was solo off against a trilane, their Skywrath left briefly, so I got a double stun into silence and roll, dropping the bass on top of that, killed both Alch and Warlock. This was after Alch got a 4 minute Midas.

My team was like "I looked at that lane and you were forced back and had to play passive, then I turn my head and you have a solo double kill now?!"

Hylian7

Aegis snatching is so awesome. A friend did it as Bounty Hunter the other day, it was just incredibly satisfying.
Probably my favorite Aegis snatch ever was when someone in my stack (I think it was Docbon) was playing Rubick, had Vendetta stolen, all of we were dead but him, and he used it and went in there and stole the Aegis.

52club

I'd love to hear the story behind the compendium feature. Matt's post about a thousand lines of code starts to explain was it always seems so unresponsive and tacked on. I mean even the one that valve made for TI 4 wasn't up to the quality I'm used to seeing from them (even though it was a lot better than the TI 3 one).

Also I'm reading Masters of Doom, it is so crazy how Romero and Carmack would post daily updates in some instances. Now companies have an entire staff of PR/community related positions and all we get is filtered messages or nothing.

liezryou

This is kind of random, but i couldn't really find any dota-trade related thread, so here goes.

I know this is kind of a niche area but... would anyone be interested if i started selling high value items at ~75% of market price? I'm talking Dragonclaw Hooks, Timebreakers, Kantusas, Staches amongst other things.

Hylian7

This is kind of random, but i couldn't really find any dota-trade related thread, so here goes.

I know this is kind of a niche area but... would anyone be interested if i started selling high value items at ~75% of market price? I'm talking Dragonclaw Hooks, Timebreakers, Kantusas, Staches amongst other things.
Not really sure why you would do that, as you can gain A LOT from just selling at market price or holding onto them for increasing value. I'm certainly holding onto my Dragonclaw.

Randdalf

So what's this Null Talisman + Blademail (with Phase Boots I think) Prophet build I've been hearing about? I've read it's an anti-Tinker build but apparently people are using it even without Tinker?

Top Bottom