• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Ketch

Patch post is up.
9C89A9228C1A030DA0913D622642330EB01B32A9

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dota-2-27th-august-patch-content-analysis/1100-6421961/

The DK set looks pretty sick. I hope it's not for china only….

BeesEight

Of course, add me privatebundy. We will probably play in a few hours.

Ack, ended up doing work really late but will add you on steam now. Not sure what displays when you add someone but my name is currently Galactic Explorer Astro Cosmos.

Edit: privatebundy doesn't show up in my search. :( I added inkls, though (assuming you're the plague doctor avatar guy).

Ketch

The promotion is getting new people to play. So if you tell your friends and take pictures of your experiences you get shit.

what? I don't get the last part… are you saying you don't just buy these chests on the market?

I'm afraid to look up how much the dk set is.

shira

what? I don't get the last part… are you saying you don't just buy these chests on the market?

I'm afraid to look up how much the dk set is.
Well the Koreans get them for free, we are buying their promotional items.

DK, WD are around $20

Invoker is $40

Centaur is $90

Satch

Banned
anybody got warlock tips?

i bought his immortal and i love all his skills but im not particularly good at him

what should i be skilling in the laning phase?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

i bought his immortal and i love all his skills but im not particularly good at him

The heal is really really strong in the early game, but if you go solo mid Fatal Bonds can basically win you the lane. The slow can be useful to skill early if the enemy doesn't have a way to quickly get out of it.

I would say the best default skill order if would be to Max the heal followed by bonds, and picking the slow up as your final skill.

The heal is really really strong in the early game, but if you go solo mid Fatal Bonds can basically win you the lane. The slow can be useful to skill early one if the enemy doesn't have a way to quickly get out of it.

I would say the best default skill order if would be to Max the heal followed by bonds, and picking the slow up as your final skill.

Or max slow like this guide (and Aui apparently) suggests

But yeah the heal is ultra mega strong

Goddard

Sorry if I'm late to the party, but HOLY FUCK I cannot wait to see team secret in action. S4, Puppey, notail, fly, and kuroky. Like holy mother of god that is one hell of a team.

manfestival

I just played my first game of league in forever. I forgot how horribly stupid that community is. While I hate the elitism from the dota 2 community (seriously people put dota 2 on a pedestal), the league community is built around "YOU SAY ONE BAD THING AND YOU ARE REPORTED" "DONT HAVE NEGATIVE ATTITUDE OR I REPORT YOU"

dmshaposv

Has s4 and egm "officially" left Alliance?

Like if your playing against ur former team that is pretty much confirmation unofficially, why haven't Alliance posted the 2 leaving on their official website?

Goddard

Seeing 'Puppey' instead of 'Na'Vi.Puppey' is really damn depressing. Also seeing BidDaddy instead of notail just sucks. Terrible name change.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Queuing all pick is so much fun. Lost 5 in a row tonight to Lycan/Shaman/Furion picker deathball push lineups.

jorma

is now taking requests
Has s4 and egm "officially" left Alliance?

Like if your playing against ur former team that is pretty much confirmation unofficially, why haven't Alliance posted the 2 leaving on their official website?

I assume they don't want to announce anything until they have already signed the replacements. I figure it won't be that long seeing as both misery and chessie did really well yesterday :)

Wok

I think Tusk was a smurf (2.7K MMR) in my game yesterday.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/859867192

If anyone of you want to have a look at his last-hitting ability, watch the replay of the first minutes of the game. I was laning with him and I was flabbergasted by his capacity to get every last hit with what seemed like a very well-thought strategy.

I think he counted the hits or something. He was in a 3-stack with Mirana and OD who were terribly bad teammates and terribly rude Russians.

He had not played Tusk for months and suddenly, he has a game in which gets every last hit and literally snowballs.

Edit: In fact, each of them has a good game once in a while.

ERcwpOA.png
OD

3Nzxkly.png
Mirana

elyetis

To do what?

"Yup we're working on the update"

"Yes we're still working on it"

"Yes it contains Techies as you already know"

"Update is in the pipeline!"

They already said it was releasing at the end of August on their blog, nothing more needs to be said until they're ready to release it.
2 days ago there were video posted about what kind of communication can be really good, from Blizzard ( diablo 3 I think ) to Riot ( LoL ) and SE ( FFXIV ), they are most likely not alone ( I could add starbound and their dev report, or starcitizen ).

I can only mostly speak for the ffxiv part, but it's really not only a matter of just saying "we are doing that maybe released at x date", it goes from explaining decision, answering question, showing WIP content, artworks, etc... Like 1 year before it's actual release ( and with it not even having a name or a proper annoucement ) we already know/knew more about the next ffxiv addon ( and content patch every 3-4 month ) than we know about Dota 2 patch planned for this week/next week.
Cause they're only encouraging them to continue this crawling pace of updates.
When I see how people are able to defend what Minecraft developement is even with it's success, nothing surprise me anymore. I think people actually don't care if a game is only the shadow of what it could be. ( minecraft case being far worst than dota 2 in my book, still waiting for that official API )

Indignate

Played my first Wisp match. Being able to take your carry into an instant gank or up to a team fight is great. Saving a teammate by relocating them out is even better, especially when said teammate is a Kunkka and he can bring your right back to him.

Also, finally won a WR game in what feels like forever. Went solo against the CK/Wisp combo in that game. What is it about those two that they're always together?

Upheaval is an amazing, underrated spell. Literally, OP slow, that makes warlock the hardest of carries if he gets his aghs/refresher on.

I always level that first, then bonds and the heal last.

Why would you not max heal second? I think its more useful than the bonds. heal yourself, allies and use it on the golem when puching tower and it will be unstoppable.

Aselith

There are some real fucking psychos in this game holy shit. I got laned with a DS and asked him to stop pushing so I could farm. ASKED him. So he goes all Razorblade Symphony and spends the rest of the match saying "yep it's my fault you died not Aselith" "yep it's my fault they got x item" "yep it's my fault they got a tower"

I asked you to stop pushing, crazy.

Got called a rat because I took 2 lanes of rax before someone on their team decided to notice

I don't really get it but I'll take your delicious salt anyways.

Pratfall

There are some real fucking psychos in this game holy shit. I got laned with a DS and asked him to stop pushing so I could farm. ASKED him. So he goes all Razorblade Symphony and spends the rest of the match saying "yep it's my fault you died not Aselith" "yep it's my fault they got x item" "yep it's my fault they got a tower"

I asked you to stop pushing, crazy.

Not to excuse the dickhole but it is hard for DS to do anything without pushing the lane. The solution was for one of you to go somewhere else.

Haunted

Sorry if I'm late to the party, but HOLY FUCK I cannot wait to see team secret in action. S4, Puppey, notail, fly, and kuroky. Like holy mother of god that is one hell of a team.
That's what I thought until I saw them play against Alliance.

I mean, the team has 3 of my favourite pro players, but they're lacking a world class carry. I know Kuro and Fly have both played the 1 position on past teams, but I dunno.

I'm expecting great things out of these guys, also Team Tinker.

Acinixys

That's what I thought until I saw them play against Alliance.

I mean, the team has 3 of my favourite pro players, but they're lacking a world class carry. I know Kuro and Fly have both played the 1 position on past teams, but I dunno.

I'm expecting great things out of these guys, also Team Tinker.

Im sure when theyve played more proper tournies they will improve

Aselith

Not to excuse the dickhole but it is hard for DS to do anything without pushing the lane. The solution was for one of you to go somewhere else.

DS is actually pretty solid at harrassing if he puts ion shell on himself instead of the creeps because he's pretty tanky early and can stay up on people with his surge. Aggressive jungle would have also been great cause the little dude is hard to catch out and it would have disrupted their Doom's jungling.

I just really didn't have anywhere else to go. We had a Lina mid and a Disruptor/PA combo bot. I was on a Riki.

Randdalf

2 days ago there were video posted about what kind of communication can be really good, from Blizzard ( diablo 3 I think ) to Riot ( LoL ) and SE ( FFXIV ), they are most likely not alone ( I could add starbound and their dev report, or starcitizen ).

The community does that for them anyway. They don't even need to write patch notes for minor updates anymore because there's two people on Reddit who find out all the changes. To say we don't know what's coming in the patch is not true at all: definitely Techies, likely 6.82, and the compendium rewards. There might be another new hero, but that would be a surprise.

Valve communicate when they need to, not just because people want to know they still exist.

Top Bottom