• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

sephi22

Well regardless, i can always get more. I was just wondering if anyone wanted to get some cheaper then the market. It's a service i can provide for GAF :D. 195$ for dc hook doesn't sound bad eh? :D
DC hooks can be found on reddit for $140 each bro who you trying to hustle?

eznark

Banned
dota_captain_select_hero npc_dota_hero_terrorblade
dota_captain_select_hero npc_dota_hero_legion_commander
dota_captain_select_hero npc_dota_hero_phoenix
dota_captain_select_hero npc_dota_hero_earth_spirit

time to win captains mode boys

i hope one of you gaffers use this in the gb tournament, if we had any upcoming games i'd totally do it just for fucks

Team Trasher sucks ass, they may as well.

If 6.82 comes out and Lina gets buffs I'm going to buy her arcana.

Well you might as well buy it now, she's almost guaranteed to get buffed in some way or another. Whether she'll finally be competitively viable is a completely different story though.

Lina and WR both need to become viable carries, we need more int carries.

Acinixys

I want the hitbox of Clockwerk's cogs to be made smaller, or the models to be made physically bigger.

Cogs interaction with creeps/heros is really wierd

Sometime you can run 10 units from it and be fine, but other times youll be walking AWAY from them and get pushed

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Matt, is the second set from Star Ladder really Skywrath, or did the person making the video not think to blank out the spell icons?

dota_captain_select_hero npc_dota_hero_terrorblade
dota_captain_select_hero npc_dota_hero_legion_commander
dota_captain_select_hero npc_dota_hero_phoenix
dota_captain_select_hero npc_dota_hero_earth_spirit

time to win captains mode boys

i hope one of you gaffers use this in the gb tournament, if we had any upcoming games i'd totally do it just for fucks

My brother says this also works with Techies. Him and his friend are queuing for CM right now to draft Techies.

If you do it with Oracle you can't pick your hero and are forced to abandon!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My brother says this also works with Techies. Him and his friend are queuing for CM right now to draft Techies.

If you do it with Oracle you can't pick your hero and are forced to abandon!

Try to tell him right now to not do it in CM, you can draft Techies but you can't actually pick him ether last I heard.

sephi22

If you can find me a DC hook for 140$, i will buy 10 of them right now.
I bought mine for 140 not too long ago. They were still 140 before ti4. Seems like they're selling for 160 each now. But the one thing ive learnt about DC hooks is that the real money price usually platues around the 140-150 mark, despite the vastly fluctuating steam market price. Regardless $160 is still a better deal than $195.

You don't have to search too much to find hooks for 160 on reddit. Heck a guy wanted 8 hooks 4 hours ago and was offered 8 for $160 each and i wondered if it was you (it wasnt).

Asking 75% of steam market price is fair and prerty much a standard for real money trades, but asking 75% of the steam market price of dc hook is disingenuous because of how inflated that price is. High prices for nexon or perfect world items are warranted because of lack of alternate places to get them. But the DC hook is widely available for cheaper on reddit, and if you make a thread and wait long enough, people will add you on steam to sell for $150 or lesser.

Otherwise as a trader I encourage what you are doing. I just don't want gaffers to overpay for hats if they have a choice

Pratfall

I just can't pull the trigger on the arcana's. At $19.99 MAYBE but $35!??! Come on Valve!

I agree. Arcana's should be 20.

Well you might as well buy it now, she's almost guaranteed to get buffed in some way or another. Whether she'll finally be competitively viable is a completely different story though.

Lina and WR both need to become viable carries, we need more int carries.

I honestly don't care much for her to be competitively viable. The more under the radar good she is the easier it will be for me to grab her in RD. People tend to underestimate the amount of damage Lina can do with a level advantage and a full mana pool.

DarkKyo

They should be $25ish on the market as they should depreciate in value over time, but people use them as currency for gambling, so they are $38-39

If they were cheaper they'd depreciate in rarity as well. Everyone would have them and they'd be much less cool.

Ketch

I bought mine for 140 not too long ago. They were still 140 before ti4. Seems like they're selling for 160 each now. But the one thing ive learnt about DC hooks is that the real money price usually platues around the 140-150 mark, despite the vastly fluctuating steam market price. Regardless $160 is still a better deal than $195.

You don't have to search too much to find hooks for 160 on reddit. Heck a guy wanted 8 hooks 4 hours ago and was offered 8 for $160 each and i wondered if it was you (it wasnt).

Asking 75% of steam market price is fair and prerty much a standard for real money trades, but asking 75% of the steam market price of dc hook is disingenuous because of how inflated that price is. High prices for nexon or perfect world items are warranted because of lack of alternate places to get them. But the DC hook is widely available for cheaper on reddit, and if you make a thread and wait long enough, people will add you on steam to sell for $150 or lesser.

Otherwise as a trader I encourage what you are doing. I just don't want gaffers to overpay for hats if they have a choice

You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar. good lookin out.

Pratfall

If they were cheaper they'd depreciate in rarity as well. Everyone would have them and they'd be much less cool.

I can see this point completely and there is truth to it. But 20 dollars seems high enough to keep them pretty rare but not so expensive as to seem insane. Though valve has probably done enough research into this to prove me totally wrong and you totally right.

DarkKyo

I can see this point completely and there is truth to it. But 20 dollars seems high enough to keep them pretty rare but not so expensive as to seem insane. Though valve has probably done enough research into this to prove me totally wrong and you totally right.

I'm a bit biased because I actually bought one for Legion Commander when it came out :p but I still stand by my point as it feels good stomping around with those rare ass swords/particles!

sephi22

A year ago I was buying hero sets for $5-$6 each. Now I can buy better looking sets for $1 each on the same day they come out.

Valve has figured out that its better to sell a ton more sets for a lot less profit than the other way round. They can do the same for the arcanas. They can take arcanas out of the drop list like they are doing for sets to compensate for the cheaper price.

I'm a bit biased because I actually bought one for Legion Commander when it came out :p but I still stand by my point as it feels good stomping around with those rare ass swords/particles!
Valve peaked with the legion arcana. From the description of Techies arcana it sounds like we're getting a lame 'director's cut of the hero' style arcana and not a significant hero modifier like the legion one

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think a mix works well. 70% of stuff is really cheap, 20% is a bit pricy but not to bad, and 10% is really pricey.

DarkKyo

A year ago I was buying hero sets for $5-$6 each. Now I can buy better looking sets for $1 each on the same day they come out.

Valve has figured out that its better to sell a ton more sets for a lot less profit than the other way round. They can do the same for the arcanas. They can take arcanas out of the drop list like they are doing for sets to compensate for the cheaper price.

Right but it's quite possible the formula works the other way for Arcanas. They are much more sought after than a set because they have a ton more mass appeal. How many people will say a certain set is crap compared to a super rare, lovingly-made-by-valve character skin? Maybe enough people buy the Arcana at their extravagant price tag to make it more profitable, or just profitable enough to keep them this rare/expensive.

Not necessary. There is value in creating exclusivity either by quantity or prohibitive pricing for a handful of items. There are about 2,000 other items you can choose from if low prices are your motivating factor.

Arcana items are priced just fine. And in fact, Valve probably should exert a bit better control over the tiers of quality and their subsequent pricing. There was a time that Legendary and Mythical meant they actually had some value. At the moment, they tend to mean little. Especially with the move towards these new chests.

If the willingness for people to pay $200 for a WR bow or $100 for a truly ugly PA weapon tell you anything, it's that there are a lot of people hungry for exclusive items. To have something that not everyone has.

DarkKyo

Not necessary. There is value in creating exclusivity either by quantity or prohibitive pricing for a handful of items. There are about 2,000 other items you can choose from if low prices are your motivating factor.

Arcana items are priced just fine. And in fact, Valve probably should exert a bit better control over the tiers of quality and their subsequent pricing. There was a time that Legendary and Mythical meant they actually had some value. At the moment, they tend to mean little. Especially with the move towards these new chests.

If the willingness for people to pay $200 for a WR bow or $100 for a truly ugly PA weapon tell you anything, it's that there are a lot of people hungry for exclusive items. To have something that not everyone has.

Even Immortal items at this point are pretty easy to come by. Just compare this year's TI Immortal prices to last year's...

Top Bottom