• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Are you guys ready for fireworks?

YXr10L.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What role are Techies?

Their recommended items make them seem like a support of some kind. Stasis Trap also is a really good stun and Techies seem more like the guys who don't directly fight in team fights, but help by annoying with mines to prevent escapes and causing lots of AoE damage, which sounds more like a support.

I feel he is a 4 position support.

Also, this is pretty cool, you can see how much damage you did with each skill in the post game console. Maybe Valve will flesh out the end game stats in the future, or add more stuff to the API:
pajpgQL.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Remember, once you have Blink, you wanna be using totem in advance of fights, so that you have 1 big hit lined up, followed immediately by another as it will be off cooldown by then.
Good tip. I didn't really think about using the low cooldown to get 2 in.
Judging purely from that picture, I think you could buy more effective late game items.

I don't agree with buying aghs every game, in my opinion it's a really mediocre upgrade, as it only gives extra pulses on heroes and illusions. Unless you're up against heroes that spawn many illusions or are named meepo, I'd recommend a shiva's guard instead. It does roughly the same damage as the aghs upgrade, adds a slow to your initiation, gives a lot of armor, solves any remaining mana problems, passively slows enemy autoattacks, and can be used independently of echoslam (with a way lower cooldown).

Other solid late game options are veil of discord (amplifies your whole team's magic damage and gives decent stats), heart of tarrasque (gives a lot of strength based rightclick damage which gets fully amplified by enchant totem, and of course a massive amount of health), heaven's halberd (not as much strength as heart, but it's cheaper and comes with a useful disable for enemy carries), and scythe of vyse which you get already.

Hope it helps! And again, only judging from the picture, sorry if I'm missing something (i.e. all your games are against phantom lancer so aghs is warranted).

Most of those games was against some kind of Lycan deathball lineup, so there's a lot of things to hit, but yeah, not SO many illusions. Occasional Manta buyers and such. I usually went out of my way to prioritize a force staff in games where that was clearly useful, but I didn't really think any other item was going to give me as much bang for my buck while playing a 4/5 support/teamfighter. Hard to keep hold of enough money for a mystic staff, but you're right in a lot of those games veil would have been better for the team and easier to farm.

Gonna keep playing the hero. He's a ton of fun and right up my alley. Just sucks that I'm not as successful with him as I am a lot of my other go-to supports like Disraptor, Bane and and Visage.

I've been "Rekindling" my love for phoenix lately. Just so much fun to play. Cripple the whole team, heal and DOT over time, then you have a badass looking ultimate that's so intimidating in the middle of a team fight, it sometimes wins you the fight just by making the other team spazz out

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I mean, where is there some evidence that these alleged wolves of icewrack are even all that swift in the first place? Maybe they have 280 ms too...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Seems like a good change. It make literally no sense as a movement line.

I always thought it was supposed to be ironic, saying the Wolves were slow, but the cosmetic item ruins the joke.

What is the console command to pick a hero, so I can be sure to increase my chance of getting Techies?

Void guy says these other heroes also had response rule changes, anything note worthy?
Response rules have now been slightly updated for Crystal Maiden, Dazzle, Gyrocopter, Invoker, KotL, Luna, Lycan, Omniknight, Phoenix, Puck, Pudge, Shadow Demon, Techies, Treant, Visage and Medallion acquisition.

Nirvana

I think they need to make Suicide Attack an instant activate, like RP. Targeted seems too easy, whereas you have the possibility of them just dying and wasting it if it's an instant activate spell.

Techies seems really difficult to play. The mana costs of his spells are pretty high and you would likely have to have good knowledge of routes taken and the ability to predict pathing to get kills in higher games. Also the cast animation for all of his abilities is long enough that you can't buy a blink dagger and just dump mines in front of people, although blink would still be crazy good for suicide bombs.

Definitely a high skill cap hero, so I don't think people need to worry too much. You'll just never be able to get runes without sentries again...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Void guy says these other heroes also had response rule changes, anything note worthy?

Nothing to much, but here is a summery of them all.

Pudge, Dazzle, Keeper, and Omniknight have lines dealing with duplicate heroes, not totally sure how these work.

Omniknight also had 2 of his generic kill lines be turned into Techies and Terrorblade Kills lines.

Puck and Invoker were made to have "rare" thank you lines. Invoker's Thank You where he yells at you and Pucks "And you are?" lines now have 5% chances.

Luna made the "Come Nova" line a 1% chance of playing, and made it so the allied CM/Mirana rules worked right.

Lycan made the rare CM death response even rarer (From 25% to 5%)

Gyro just removed some lines which I don't think were ever hooked up, the "Failure to kill hero" lines.

SD changed the chance a few lines would play, and moved one of his kill lines to a level up line.

Treant just made Living Armor quotes have a lower chance to play.

Phoenix just changed the sound she makes when doing the "Its in the Bag" taunt.

Visage fixed the bug where he would play his cooldown lines instead of his mana lines.

Techies is some stuff for the Arcana.

There is now a rule for getting Medallion, I assume Oracle will have a line for the item.

Wok

UISjGV6.png

Achievements basically. Valve had removed them from the beta, and achievements are added back now.

WX7Iubt.png

The reset is so good.

Jugg really is the ultimate low level pub stomper. Atleast 1 free kill every 60 seconds, free bkb that does damage, and a crazy good heal for lane sustain and jungling.

shira

Is there a list of the challenges somewhere?

http://redd.it/2ez339

The Gallery of Triumphs
The new trophy section is the place where you can collect and store your beautiful badges. Shows up on your Dota profile.
You get notifications when you gain a new trophy.
You get noticiations when your trophy has leveled up.
Trophy Categories include: The International 2014, Fantasy Dota and Misc for now.
Trophy Units include: Level, Challenges Completed, Wins, Predictions, Last Hits and Points.
Trophy Levels
Level 1 - Copper
Level 10 - Bronze
Level 25 - Silver
Level 50 - Gold
Level 100 - Platinum
Level 500 - Diamond
List of Trophies
Compendium Level: Awarded for obtaining and levelling up a compendium for The International 2014.
Ten Hero Challenge: Awarded for completing the Ten Hero Challenge as part of The International 2014 Compendium.
Daily Hero Challenge: Awarded for completing Daily Hero Challenges as part of the International 2014 Compendium.
All-Hero Challenge: Awarded for completing the All-Hero Challenge.
Victory Prediction Taunts in a Row: Awarded for successfully predicting that you're going to win a game before the horn sounds multiple times in a row.
Lifetime Winnings: Awarded for winning Fantasy Dota leagues. You get points based on how you placed in the league: 3 points for first place, 2 points for second place, and one point for third place.
Season 1 First / Secon and Third Places: Awarded for winning first, second and third places in a Fantasy Dota league for Fantasy Season 1.
Champion Last Hitter: Awarded for scoring a high amount of last hits during the Last Hit Practice.

Top Bottom