• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

Gauging interest:

1v1 Techies solo mid tourney
- September 13th afternoon
- open bracket only
- give out the rest of the prizes via RNG

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Huh techies might bring me back to dota, i was too busy actually playing other videogames and trying to platinum mass effect but techies man fuck yeah! Also poor liquid :(

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Really glad Valve sniffed out the impending Diretide caliber disaster and put out the update blog post a week before it's actually ready. I personally didn't need to see the post to know that the update was impending and coming soon, but at least we won't have Volvo dealerships being harassed by this shit community this time.

inkls

REiUY2f.png

hmm

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My week long Operation: Shake the Earth has met with mixed success. I'm not winning as many games as I would like but I feel like my general performance on the hero has increased tenfold in the last few days. Now that I've got the mechanics of landing a good fissure down I just need to work on my ability to go ham.

I don't know if it's some lapse of communication on my part, or the bad teammates I've been getting in some games, but I've missed out on many of what should have been guaranteed kills. The Void in my most recent game was especially bad. We got the solo offlane Invoker we were up against down to under 100 HP 3 times because he was so slow to recognize my initiations, even after I'd been pinging them out WELL in advance.

Razzer

My week long Operation: Shake the Earth has met with mixed success. I'm not winning as many games as I would like but I feel like my general performance on the hero has increased tenfold in the last few days. Now that I've got the mechanics of landing a good fissure down I just need to work on my ability to go ham.

I don't know if it's some lapse of communication on my part, or the bad teammates I've been getting in some games, but I've missed out on many of what should have been guaranteed kills. The Void in my most recent game was especially bad. We got the solo offlane Invoker we were up against down to under 100 HP 3 times because he was so slow to recognize my initiations, even after I'd been pinging them out WELL in advance.

Remember, once you have Blink, you wanna be using totem in advance of fights, so that you have 1 big hit lined up, followed immediately by another as it will be off cooldown by then.

Calidor

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The heck is going on with Shadow Fiend's remake???

Ether Valve doesn't feel like revealing the full update, they want to wait till they have his inevitable arcana done, or he is going to come with Pitlord

Also, something I find interesting, when the Techies Arcana drops, you get the full bundle. First time you can get an entire set from a single drop.

Looks like it will still be $35, so maybe I'll pick it up.

Judging purely from that picture, I think you could buy more effective late game items.

I don't agree with buying aghs every game, in my opinion it's a really mediocre upgrade, as it only gives extra pulses on heroes and illusions. Unless you're up against heroes that spawn many illusions or are named meepo, I'd recommend a shiva's guard instead. It does roughly the same damage as the aghs upgrade, adds a slow to your initiation, gives a lot of armor, solves any remaining mana problems, passively slows enemy autoattacks, and can be used independently of echoslam (with a way lower cooldown).

Other solid late game options are veil of discord (amplifies your whole team's magic damage and gives decent stats), heart of tarrasque (gives a lot of strength based rightclick damage which gets fully amplified by enchant totem, and of course a massive amount of health), heaven's halberd (not as much strength as heart, but it's cheaper and comes with a useful disable for enemy carries), and scythe of vyse which you get already.

Hope it helps! And again, only judging from the picture, sorry if I'm missing something (i.e. all your games are against phantom lancer so aghs is warranted).

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Really glad Valve sniffed out the impending Diretide caliber disaster and put out the update blog post a week before it's actually ready. I personally didn't need to see the post to know that the update was impending and coming soon, but at least we won't have Volvo dealerships being harassed by this shit community this time.

The update is ready. It's on test client.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Courier has a new ability in the files, "courier_morph". No clue what it does though, when I try to edit the courier to have it in a lower slot, the local server crashes. I assume its an "Upgrade to Flying" button, but no clue.

Also, Oracle has a portrait info, response rules listed (But no in the files), and is marked as enabled. He is likely coming "soon", ether if Valve shows there is more to this update, or with 6.82.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I assume it lets you cycle through all the couriers you have in your inventory, a sorely missed feature from DotA/HoN.

Time to show off all my $100 couriers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I assume it lets you cycle through all the couriers you have in your inventory, a sorely missed feature from DotA/HoN.

Time to show off all my $100 couriers.

Maybe. It does have a 5 second cooldown, but only the ground courier is given the ability.

Battle Furry and the MKB mini-bash should now have sound effects.

I hope they add an option to use all music tracks in a giant mix. I like the new music, but I want to still hear the old music too, I should be able to just have any music pack I own be combined together and pick songs at random.

Qvoth

Its like NG+

You guys werent kidding about DragonFist

Hes amazing

Destroying a viper mid as TA

somewhat late reply, but that was against a team of 4k i think, pretty sure he was the only player that's higher than 5k mmr that game
i'd watch him again if he plays some other hero, but seems like he always picks TA?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like the another season of fantasy dota should start soon, I hope the rules are better this time around. I think there is going to be a maybe a second page to this update. That, or Valve had to cut some stuff to make the August Deadline, and we will get it next month.

Acinixys

somewhat late reply, but that was against a team of 4k i think, pretty sure he was the only player that's higher than 5k mmr that game
i'd watch him again if he plays some other hero, but seems like he always picks TA?

His/Her reason for spaming TA is that TA and Storm are the best mids for grinding MMR

Maybe. It does have a 5 second cooldown, but only the ground courier is given the ability.

Battle Furry and the MKB mini-bash should now have sound effects.

Man i hope it sounds nice

The sound they gave to Daedalus crits annoys the SHIT out of me. Its so out of place

ZeroX03

Banned
Techies next week? Time to take a monthlong break. Gonna be so many people first picking Techies and then feeding because they're bad.

I know because my friend is that person

highfive.gif

Real talk, John Powell is a genius. The OST for all three of those films are brilliant.

Best post I've seen in a long time. *claps*

What role are Techies?

Their recommended items make them seem like a support of some kind. Stasis Trap also is a really good stun and Techies seem more like the guys who don't directly fight in team fights, but help by annoying with mines to prevent escapes and causing lots of AoE damage, which sounds more like a support.

Satch

Banned
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/864180948

im the skywrath

should force staff be discarded in the late game for something else (shivas guard maybe?)
even though we won, i still could feel my diminishing relevance once the game got late, and it gets harder and harder to maintain any of the impact i had before. i understand thats just how it goes with heroes like Skywrath, but there's surely something else i could do to maximize impact in other ways. should i have dropped something for a necrobook or sheepstick?

i credit our win in that game more to the incompetence of the other team than anything particularly smart that we did. i know it probably sounds dumb but if you had seen the game, you'd understand.

Lotto

I think Matt showed an untextured model on stream.

Blog didn't seem to mention any of them so I assume it's gonna be in another update down the road. Matt's showing some bat wolf courier that looks a size too big and is very poorly textured/modeled right now though.

Zeth

Blog didn't seem to mention any of them so I assume it's gonna be in another update down the road. Matt's showing some bat wolf courier that looks a size too big and is very poorly textured/modeled right now though.
Supposedly the super rare for the next chest :lol. Seems pretty bad.

Top Bottom