• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

ViviOggi

SilencesMute stop both her passives I'm pretty sure. I'm probably wrong though. Combine that with any slows, stuns or disables and she's done.
Nah, but Doom should. Heaven's Halberd is great against her as well, just can't let her cause too much damage during BKB.

At 2k she'll likely go for shit like Babbyfury anyway, with awful last hitting, so you got plenty of time to shut her down before she becomes a problem.

Atos seems like it would work on Techies well.

Statis mines have a 2 second arm time and a 2 second detonation time, and Atos lasts 4 seconds. Just enough time to slow and immediately drop a statis mine. It also bulks up Techies' absurdly low mana pool.

But there's probably some reason this isn't recommended on Techies I'm not considering.

inkls

Atos seems like it would work on Techies well.

Statis mines have a 2 second arm time and a 2 second detonation time, and Atos lasts 4 seconds. Just enough time to slow and immediately drop a statis mine. It also bulks up Techies' absurdly low mana pool.

But there's probably some reason this isn't recommended on Techies I'm not considering.

euls is a better setup imo

Razzer

I could see Techies being a decent offlaner. He needs exp, and well placed mines would be good for blocking supports from coming to kill you (they could buy sentries but if you're creative you could avoid them.) If you do find yourself in trouble suicide on the nearest hero and they don't get any gold or exp from the kill, and hey, you may take a support with you! Would have to check this tho.

inkls

I could see Techies being a decent offlaner. He needs exp, and well placed mines would be good for blocking supports from coming to kill you (they could buy sentries but if you're creative you could avoid them.) If you do find yourself in trouble suicide on the nearest hero and they don't get any gold or exp from the kill, and hey, you may take a support with you! Would have to check this tho.

dont offlaners usually rely on good ms so they can escape?

I haven't really been following the Doters since after TI but I just learned Puppey and Kuroky left Na'Vi. :(
Has it been explained why? Does Team Secret have some secret sponsor they aren't announcing yet, or is it just a funny name?
Puppey was my favorite player on Na'Vi...So conflicted.

I haven't really been following the Doters since after TI but I just learned Puppey and Kuroky left Na'Vi. :(
Has it been explained why? Does Team Secret have some secret sponsor they aren't announcing yet, or is it just a funny name?
Puppey was my favorite player on Na'Vi...So conflicted.

Na'vi wanted an all Russian speaking roster apparently so Kuroky gets kicked, Puppey is friends with Kuroky and wants to stay with him so he leaves Na'vi too

Secret most likely do have a sponsor but it's unannounced

http://www.twitch.tv/dotastarladder_en

Speaking of Team Secret

Razzer

dont offlaners usually rely on good ms so they can escape?

Yes, but they also usually try to get closer to farm gold, whereas Techies can't last hit anyway with his damage, so he'll just hang at exp range. Also, that's what the bombs are for, hurt supports before the gank even comes.

ViviOggi

I was deliberating this as well, the major problem I see with this setup is that you'll want to mine the map as early as possible, so you'll be away from lane for longer than most other offlaners, letting tons of XP go to waste unless your team can afford and is coordinated enough to have a support occupy the lane in the meantime.

But we'll see, it's a dumb hero anyway so none of this efficiency talk really matters

Mohasus

oh boy that luna joke so good

Why does luna hate venomancer? Because he keeps trying to POISON NOVA SHUIAEHISAUHEJKSALHFDPQwghfq

Omniknight

i think shes really really good right now but it might be that i just think shes a blast to play

just kill her early

if she gets behind and doesnt snowball shes not that scary

also if shes roaming helm/basher build its a lot scarier in my opinion than if shes battlefury/farming because then you have a pretty big window to shut her down and she doesnt recover as easily as an am/void etc hard carry

other things to do:

hope shes greedy and doesnt bkb and if you have lots of magic burst...

hope and pray she doesnt crit

important to note that duel does disable both passives (its not in that goofy list of things it doesnt)

SilencesMute stop both her passives I'm pretty sure. I'm probably wrong though. Combine that with any slows, stuns or disables and she's done.

Noted, thanks for the advice

Ketch

Guys whats a good strategy against a PA (2k Tier).
Other than MKB and dont let her farm

anybody with early burst magic damage and escapes for when she blinks on you.

I've had success with qop and ember. But you gotta get on her before she gets bkb, and you probably need a mkb on ember at some point too in that game which is kind of shitty.

Lion, shaman for the hex and burst.
Pudge probably eats her lunch.
AA maybe if you dont get jumped on

dagon
force staff
ghost scepter/eblade

dmshaposv

2640448-dota2_ui_botfriendly.png

lol

Did np in-game potrait change or abt to change?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I actually don't really like that the new Arcanas are seeming to be full sets. I like to be able to mix cosmetics, and also it's just gonna continue to be more and more unclear what items or gems provide exactly which changes.

Wok

I actually don't really like that the new Arcanas are seeming to be full sets. I like to be able to mix cosmetics, and also it's just gonna continue to be more and more unclear what items or gems provide exactly which changes.

Exactly! Now, we will be able to mix arcana parts and non-arcana items, which also means we won't be able to mix the full arcana set with other cosmetics! Valve could as well make that legendary Pudge set with custom rot and icons an Arcana set.

Yes, but they also usually try to get closer to farm gold, whereas Techies can't last hit anyway with his damage, so he'll just hang at exp range. Also, that's what the bombs are for, hurt supports before the gank even comes.

There is no way the enemy support is going to let you hang in exp range.
The moment you come in exp range he will walk up to you around the trees and right click you, at which point you have to run away (what are you going to do, right click him back with 30 dmg? you're a ranged creep)
While you are walking all the way back to your tower (because any non idiot carry will keep the creep equilibrium near his tower, and any non idiot support will double pull the second it moves closer to your tower) he is going to be clicking you and your awful movement speed down for half your hp if he doesn't just outright kill you after his first or second pull got him 2 levels over you.

You're not going to get ANYTHING in an offlane as a squishy, low ms hero with no escape to whom even a crystal maiden might as well be roshan at lvl 1

You'll just be forever level one, and you'll be dead every time you walk too far from your tower:p what stops their carry from collecting his free first blood the moment he sees you 've walked away from your tower.

You're never going to get to stack bombs to stop the enemy support from doing this (and even if you did a single sentry at the river/trees edge will negate it) , and even if you land a double lvl 1 mine on a support, why would he care, what is your follow up? nothing there is no follow up.
forever lvl 1 :p

Razzer

There is no way the enemy support is going to let you hang in exp range.
The moment you come in exp range he will walk up to you around the trees and right click you, at which point you have to run away (what are you going to do, right click him back with 30 dmg? you're a ranged creep)
While you are walking all the way back to your tower (because any non idiot carry will keep the creep equilibrium near his tower, and any non idiot support will double pull the second it moves closer to your tower) he is going to be clicking you and your awful movement speed down for half your hp.

You're not going to get ANYTHING in an offlane as a squishy, low ms hero with no escape to whom even a crystal maiden might as well be roshan at lvl 1

You'll just be forever level one, and you'll be dead every time you walk too far from your tower.

If you think that all the lanes you meet are gonna be masters of creep equilibrium, you overestimate them (or you are at a very high MMR). It's incredibly common for people to lose control of that, not to mention warding pull camps. As for trading hits, smart mine placements can help a lot in that regard. Besides, this is all experimental theory. If it ends up not working, whatever look for new strats. With a hero this unique I think it's better to try everything and see what works.

Zeth

High Impact supports to pick when your team needs support - thoughts/suggestions please?

Dispruptor
Earthshaker
Tidehunter
Venomancer
Witch Doctor
Skywrath Mage

2nd tier, which I enjoy playing, would be Abbadon, Lich, Omni, Tree, Venge

fake edit: Wait, I think I named most of them
This is me brainstorming since I've been toying with the idea of playing all pick before techies, since I've pretty much never done it.

If you think that all the lanes you meet are gonna be masters of creep equilibrium, you overestimate them (or you are at a very high MMR). It's incredibly common for people to lose control of that, not to mention warding pull camps. As for trading hits, smart mine placements can help a lot in that regard. Besides, this is all experimental theory. If it ends up not working, whatever look for new strats. With a hero this unique I think it's better to try everything and see what works.

Ok so your argument for the viability of solo offlane techies is if your opponent is bad enough it might work (as in you might get some exp). cmon :p
If your opponent is bad enough you can pick 5 melee carries and still win.

Sure it's worth trying everything, but I wouldn't count on 270ms no escape ability 30 base dmg offlaner working out.
Just saying that theorycrafting around your opponents being worse players than you are is not a good starting point:p

Btw if people feed a solo offlane undying/tide/clock/timber a buch of early levels under his tower (all heroes who can hold their own or at least have a much better chance at leeching exp if the enemies don't fuck up ) the midgame is going to go really badly for them.
If you feed an offlane techies lvl 6 under his tower what's he gona do, gank mid?:p
Usually if you sacrifice a hero in offlane it's because you expect some serious return if he gets something out of that lane and that he can still catch up or contribute even if he doesn't.

High Impact supports to pick when your team needs support - thoughts/suggestions please?

Dispruptor
Earthshaker
Tidehunter
Venomancer
Witch Doctor
Skywrath Mage

This is me brainstorming since I've been toying with the idea of playing all pick before techies, since I've pretty much never done it.
wheres ur dazzle

Mohasus

Dispruptor
Earthshaker
Tidehunter
Venomancer
Witch Doctor
Skywrath Mage

AA, finish agh's, win the game.
Mirana.

Top Bottom