• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

High Impact supports to pick when your team needs support - thoughts/suggestions please?

Dispruptor
Earthshaker
Tidehunter
Venomancer
Witch Doctor
Skywrath Mage

2nd tier, which I enjoy playing, would be Abbadon, Lich, Omni, Tree, Venge

fake edit: Wait, I think I named most of them
This is me brainstorming since I've been toying with the idea of playing all pick before techies, since I've pretty much never done it.
Where's Shadow Shaman?

FACE

Banned
High Impact supports to pick when your team needs support - thoughts/suggestions please?

Dispruptor
Earthshaker
Tidehunter
Venomancer
Witch Doctor
Skywrath Mage

2nd tier, which I enjoy playing, would be Abbadon, Lich, Omni, Tree, Venge

fake edit: Wait, I think I named most of them
This is me brainstorming since I've been toying with the idea of playing all pick before techies, since I've pretty much never done it.

Enigma?

laugh.gif
http://a.pomf.se/xwjuop.webm
Hey Matt, before you go on vacation can you add those new emotes to your plugin?
Da.

Zeth

wheres ur dazzle

He was in the list before I tried paring it down, lol. I prefer him over some on the list though, I shall reconsider.

AA, finish agh's, win the game.
Mirana.
Great choices - I need to mess with AA more, probably my most unfamiliar hero, AOE + debuffs seem like great ideas though.

Where's Shadow Shaman?
I always think of him as requiring more coordination than is usually possible - but besides being super squishy, he is pretty powerful and versatile for supporting divers and afkers.

I frikkin' love Enigma - my only problem is there are usually already two other people claiming "I woods jungle" before the horn
facepalm.gif
so I usually tend toward early lane presence.

kvk1

I can never figure out the tone of these mainstream articles on Dota, Twitch, etc.

Feels like they always hover between subtle mockery and an outright comical and incredulous portrayal of the scene.

No idea. It was very last minute.
If it's for a national program it'll be all over the states.

If it's a local station report it will be played there and other stations can use it if they want (but probably won't).

It was probably just a local Washington station and was played a few days later.

kvk1

"“At night, I dream about Dota,” he said. “Sometimes I dream I’m a Dota hero.”

Oh, Peter...

"Using a microphone connected to his computer, Mr. Dager spoke to teammates in a quiet, steady voice, using an argot that would be incomprehensible to nongamers. Evil Geniuses won its first two scrimmages of the day. During a third match, though, one of his teammates seemed to lose focus and the other team began building up a large lead. Mr. Dager lost patience.

“I can’t play Dota this way,” he said to the player. “What you’re doing makes no sense. Just follow your teammates.”

PJSalt

Zeth

Rubick can be pretty high impact against the right line-up, but you have to know what you're doing.

Agreed - I knew nothing about the game last time I played him, should give it another shot next time I see a draft which will allow for it.

Acinixys

Watching TB, whos 3k MMR, makes me wonder what my MMR would be if I could play ranked

Im sitting at 3.5 but if this stream is any indication i could be easily 4.5+

wait....the kunkka arcana is gonna be a sword ;_;

come on...put it on his hat or beard or something D: i i like my sword that i have already ;_;

wait,,,,,seems it is also a set too it seems o_O

Wok

Is the Kunkka arcana the Norse longboat set, because damn is that deserving.

Yes. Arcana is the new Legendary. I might just stop buying Arcana if Valve plans to release a ton of them soon and if they are all sets from now on.

QmFUW7C.png

I like being able to check the core of my inventory at a glance. Unless Valve allows us to view complete sets as a single item in the inventory, the new Arcana sets won't have the elegance of the old ones.

Acinixys

How do you know your MMR if you can't play ranked?

I think I'm misreading something.

Edit: Oh, or do you mean not playing out of choice? Like ladder anxiety?

Im in South Africa, and while the Dota community is big no one plays ranked. Ever. Ive Qd for 30+ minutes a few times and found nothing

So I spammed Jakiro on EU West for 10 games to get a MMR rating about 10 months ago

kvk1

We got a 4dusa.

Im in South Africa, and while the Dota community is big no one plays ranked. Ever. Ive Qd for 30+ minutes a few times and found nothing

So I spammed Jakiro on EU West for 10 games to get a MMR rating about 10 months ago

Ah, I see. That sucks dude.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've dreamt I was PA before.

Being PA is really fun.

Razzer

Watching TB, whos 3k MMR, makes me wonder what my MMR would be if I could play ranked

Im sitting at 3.5 but if this stream is any indication i could be easily 4.5+

Man his last hitting is sooooooo bad. He must be legit at other parts the game if that aspect is so lacking.

shira

FED4B6265271AABE54123A7D6E8CB65C2DE4D1BC

Oh man Awesome!
I'm really curious to see that Viking Kunkka. Fat blog post almost broke muh iphone.
TY matt

IDK to buy that Rhino Sven or Access Axe set. Seems Vavle is ok with the controversey

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Oh man Awesome!
I'm really curious to see that Viking Kunkka. Fat blog post almost broke muh iphone.
TY matt

IDK to buy that Rhino Sven or Access Axe set. Seems Vavle is ok with the controversey
I don't think the sven set will see the light of day.

Also the tb arcana should really be broken up in to 2 pieces, the horn and the demon form.

Zeth

The SL casters today were talking about the upcoming techies patch and the conversation was assuming there would be a balance patch with it
huh.gif

The SL casters today were talking about the upcoming techies patch and the conversation was assuming there would be a balance patch with it
huh.gif

If there was a balance patch then it would have been in the update, I mean they pretty much always send balance patches to test client

I swear the only ad on Twitch for the last month is that Smite ad

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If there was a balance patch then it would have been in the update, I mean they pretty much always send balance patches to test client

I swear the only ad on Twitch for the last month is that Smite ad
There could be more shown on tusday, I just doubt it.

Top Bottom