• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That's Arcana? lol

I gotta admit, that Sword doesn't look done at all. But hell, it seems what makes an Arcana an Arcana is a bunch of fancy effects. Like if you strip out the special effects, the LC Arcana is just a double sword model (I still don't think the duel swords shouldn't be exclusive to the Arcana ether, but maybe some day down the line Valve will open it up)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I guess they're phasing out the old style of single equip Arcanas?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I guess they're phasing out the old style of single equip Arcanas?

Actually, for both the sets, one item in the set is Arcana, and the rest are rated Legendary. I personally wish the Techies Arcana had the effects spread out a bit. Like the custom Hero Icons should be on the hat for example.

Gav47

Kirby is right, that does look nearly complete. They must be going to lower the price of arcanas, I don't think the market could bear three $35 sets in the space of 1.5-2 months (assuming the SF one comes out with Diretide)

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
That sword is actually awful. I figured I'd buy all Arcanas and I'd like the custom effects but I don't want to replace my nice sword with that. Wish I could transfer the effects with a gem.

Filth

viking_weapon_large.baa937f55d333e174c5a9427648286ce2cf17fef.png

viking_head_large.e9e4e81c6e805c7571f7b22b1a5355e01b3ac43c.png

viking_shoulders_large.920a8e386cf6d9835be5abb0a73e192c3cb1f0ed.png

viking_belt_large.9e179206dfade416766434cf2517142fcf17e911.png

viking_hands_large.be13a710a868caec20f595b78b2493e3d7dba282.png

viking_boots_large.13a6ef626372b4b8c24e29dadc0bde891a84e01b.png

We sven now.

Acinixys

That sword is actually awful. I figured I'd buy all Arcanas and I'd like the custom effects but I don't want to replace my nice sword with that. Wish I could transfer the effects with a gem.

Thats just the base model though

It probably has particles and shit all over it to make it look nice

Welcome Pyrion.

Does it mess with you to play and have your announcer pack on at the same time?

He said somewhere that he hates it lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, that will certainly bulk out the number of legendaries in the drop system

Yep, though they won't enter into the system for what, a month? But still, Techies alone will add 4, and I bet Kunkka will be at 3, if not all 5 extra items (Though making the boots or Gauntlets Legendary seems a bit silly)

Personally, I would like Valve to make the Kunnka Hat the Arcana, since he has a ton of fancy swords and will likely continue to get fancy swords.

Yep, though they won't enter into the system for what, a month? But still, Techies alone will add 4, and I bet Kunkka will be at 3, if not all 5 extra items (Though making the boots or Gauntlets Legendary seems a bit silly)

Personally, I would like Valve to make the Kunnka Hat the Arcana, since he has a ton of fancy swords and will likely continue to get fancy swords.
Arcanas have always been added to the system day 1

Haunted

I hope a Viking-themed Kunkka arcana also means that the boat becomes a Viking longship.

That sword tho. Maybe it has a super good effect that covers it up a bit, because the naked model itself... eh. The design doesn't even make any sense!

I suppose it was only a matter of time before Valve watered down Arcanas to the point of just being fancy legendaries. A major aspect of Arcanas was that they changed the hero's base skin, but these ones don't seem to do that and are just legendary items with a higher price tag.

I guess I should have saw it coming after what happened to Immortals.

I gotta admit, that Sword doesn't look done at all. But hell, it seems what makes an Arcana an Arcana is a bunch of fancy effects. Like if you strip out the special effects, the LC Arcana is just a double sword model (I still don't think the duel swords shouldn't be exclusive to the Arcana ether, but maybe some day down the line Valve will open it up)
I'm not sure I remember correctly but I think another set wanted to do the dual swords and people complained.

Hi Pyrion.

Zeth

Barny is streaming again:

http://www.twitch.tv/barnyyy

Highly recommend checking him out for super informative and commentary laden gameplay.

The stream can get a little NAbrasive sometimes, but he's generally a calm and mannered dude.

Reposting for best Dota stream. Highly recommended. Heavy Commentary™.

Also I think he has 20+ chat wheel commands bound to keys and largely memorized, you have to respect that.

Haunted

Oh my, remote mines give vision inside the rosh pit. That's pretty crazy.
crazy.gif

Thinking about items that fit well with Techies. He really needs mana early, because each skill is very expensive. I'm thinking either Mana Boots outright or even better, Ring of Sacrifice + Tranquil Boots allowing him to roam more. Force staff as an escape mechanism. Otherwise... wards and utility/team items mostly, like urn or ring of aquila or pipe or something.

This is probably old hat (and wrong) to the Dota 1 veterans here, but for me he's new and exciting. :p Thinking about new heroes is fun!

It become a Viking boat, Matt has pictures.

2640556-dota2_kunkka02.png
>Nice

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I was wondering this as well. I'm guessing it's visible but that's actually gameplay altering which is interesting.

I don't know, the sign doesn't do anything. Sure, you could put it some place to get a person to freak, but I'm sure most people will just ignore the silly sign.

I want a Riki Arcana and a "Riki Was Here" sign.

JustinBB7

Items never really look that good in those backpack icon kinda pictures though. Always looks better in-game...
and in promo art

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I don't know, the sign doesn't do anything. Sure, you could put it some place to get a person to freak, but I'm sure most people will just ignore the silly sign.

I want a Riki Arcana and a "Riki Was Here" sign.

I disagree, I think you could actually play some mind games with it by actually putting mines around it as most people will assume it's fake.

Not saying it's gonna be effective very often, but it's still a cosmetic item which introduces something new into the actual game map which MIGHT influence an opponent's thinking. That's a pretty big deal IMO.

Chris R

You drop it once and don't surround it with mines, and then surround it with mines the next time. Or vice versa.

See sign -> Use dust/ward

Arkanius

Guys do I have to shift queue Ava+Toss as Tiny for it to work correctly?
I cant seem to trigger the second wave of damage after Toss :(

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You drop it once and don't surround it with mines, and then surround it with mines the next time. Or vice versa.

Right, and do that once and cause enemy to use a sentry, you've already got a cosmetic which has given you an actual game advantage (though small).

shira

Geez, loading screens add up fast. I have 84 of them.

It's a shame they can't animate them. I know some artists could really do a number with a really elegant pose or some nifty eastereggs

This is going to confuse the hell out of low tier.

Top Bottom