• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

Something like 8 basic colors on the store for like $10 each would be nice.

I like the move to make the arcanas include an entire set to go with them.

Edit: TI4 is in the cover of the new York Times, I wish I was in the shot :(

$80?

I'd rather have it so that you can tie gems to your account permenantly/untradable instead of destroying them. I just wanna play dressup with my terrorblade.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
$80?

I'd rather have it so that you can tie gems to your account permenantly/untradable instead of destroying them. I just wanna play dressup with my terrorblade.

Something tells me he didn't mean 8 gems in a forced combo pack.

Oh I agree, I just found the timing amusing.

diff between a good caster and a bad one

capitalist, sheever, zyori or w/e his name is 9/10 just play captain hindsight or call things as they are happening.
Yes zyori, I can also see that skeleton king has his ult up, and no I don't care what the strongest hero or the trash tier heroes are :p

The good ones like some of the pro players joining to cast (aui etc) analyze the state of the game and explain what they will want to do next or what mistake is just starting to unfold

It's the same with the drafts, some can read less obvious drafts, others only know the cookie cutter stuff or only comment after a hero is picked. Their 'insight' is limited to what lanes a hero might go to...

I find it dumb that people on the dev boards are opposed to putting the custom mine icon as part of the mine and the custom mini-map and hero icon as part of the hat. Right now all the icons are tied to the bomb cart.
I don't like his either. I don't like the hats and plan to swap them as soon as Techies have other items. The hats being in the icons doesn't really matter to me, I just want the special ones

And everything special about an arcana should be on the arcana itself. Not everyone with the arcana will have the entire set or want to use the entire set. Custom mini map and hero icons are exclusive to Arcanas, adding them to a legendary item basically makes Arcanas pointless if legendarily can do everything they can

Demoli

Dota ahs been harsh for me lately.

Dull ass 10 min deathball so strong that even antipush heroes don't work agaisnt it.

Void/Tinker/Razor every game.

Constant aggression at all times.

And the worst is knowing it will be like this 'till Diretide.

I miss 6.78

Dec

capitalist, sheever, zyori or w/e his name is 9/10 just play captain hindsight or call things as they are happening.
Yes zyori, I can also see that skeleton king has his ult up, and no I don't care what the strongest hero or the trash tier heroes are :p

The good ones like some of the pro players joining to cast (aui etc) analyze the state of the game and explain what they will want to do next or what mistake is just starting to unfold

It's the same with the drafts, some can read less obvious drafts, others only know the cookie cutter stuff or only comment after a hero is picked. Their 'insight' is limited to what lanes a hero might go to...

On this note, anyone else impressed with Blaze's return to casting (at least I think it's a return). A year or two back he was universally regarded as the worst caster, but since he has been on BTS he honestly catches and reports on a lot of small details in team fights that a lot of non-pro casters miss.

inkls

dont we have two types of casters tho? analysts and play-by-play casters?

dmshaposv

Dota ahs been harsh for me lately.

Dull ass 10 min deathball so strong that even antipush heroes don't work agaisnt it.

Void/Tinker/Razor every game.

Constant aggression at all times.

And the worst is knowing it will be like this 'till Diretide.

I miss 6.78

i honestly want tinker and void to be nerfed to the ground.

Every fucking game. Void pickers literally get free wins every game. Nerf chrono CD to the ground volvo.

Acinixys

Every fucking game. Void pickers literally get free wins every game. Nerf chrono CD to the ground volvo.

I dont even mind Void so much

Skywrath is my biggest hate

A damage amp + 6 sec silence in one low CD spell

Destroys like 60% of the hero pool

shira

Now might be the time to buy a prismatic gem since they are about to skyrocket in price come Techies Arcana release...

They're still high from the terrorblade arcana. They used to be cents.

What does the arcana even modify?

The orange in the bombs? Or the explosion?
2640381-dota2_techies_arcanaremote01.png

If it's just the inside of the cannon, I'm not sure what is going to look better than orange

I wonder how long until an arcana uses ethereal gems.

Never. Crystal Rift is like the blink animation particle

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/867515277
Probably the most hilarious game I played lately.
Both teams were evenly match then after a few teamfights our time got an upper hand.
We destroyed the mid rax and bot. Then suddenly AM and NP disconnected.
Radiant went one way on mid but our morph was able to get mega creeps.
So me(es), zeus and morph just sat in our ancient and watch them try to defend their ancient.

happytears.gif

Mohasus

The only thing I know is that I'll be angry regardless of what happens.

6.82? fuck icefrog shit eater doesn't know how to balance this game
techies? oh cool free losses. useless on my team, the most imba hero on the other
stupid hats? please valve stop focusing on this shit and make the game better

What does the arcana even modify?

The orange in the bombs? Or the explosion?

If it's just the inside of the cannon, I'm not sure what is going to look better than orange

Never. Crystal Rift is like the blink animation particle
I don't think the effects are finished yet.

sixghost

I can see that depending on your model, my new mouse has a shitty M3 click (goes to the sides as well) so I put it on one of the side buttons. It's the dragging mechanic that's superior.

Did you ever play Starcraft or War 3 before playing dota? Edge pan is just second nature at this point.

Carlius

Banned

i agree. the fact that one of the hardest carries in game can solo offlane without issues should tell you something about how op he is right now. 6.78 is where dota 2 was awesome. this fast push crap is annoying. tinker is just boring. dont really care about tinker.
rage.gif

Top Bottom