• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

IceMarker

Don't you still shatter under Shallow Grave? I thought it was instakill like Culling Blade.

What makes Culling Blade able to kill anything under any condition is because it removes ALL buffs and debuffs from the target before it deals over 9,999,999 damage in a single instance, if your target of course meets the HP threshold. Shallow Grave says you cannot be killed or reduced below 1 HP, and since Ice Blast does not remove the buff it will not shatter you under Shallow Grave's effect. However Ice Blast's debuff typically lasts longer than Shallow Grave, so if you're under the HP threshold when Shallow Grave ends, you bet your ass you are about to become a popsicle.

Hylian7

I have had an opponent Spectre go Vanguard Blademail Yasha Basher and he was a pain to kill, especially with his escape spell on top of the tankiness.

It sounds like he was playing against garbage teams then. Vanguard Blademail Spectre is garbage.

sixghost

Bristleback you can make an argument for, Spectre, nah. Get real items on her. Radiance, Diffusal, Drums, Heart, not all of those necessarily, but any of these are better than Vanguard.

An early vanguard+oov on Spectre makes her a tower diving machine early on. It's a lot of fun. Plenty of pros have used that build in meaningful games.

Hylian7

An early vanguard+oov on Spectre makes her a tower diving machine early on. It's a lot of fun. Plenty of pros have used that build in meaningful games.

Which ones? Maybe I haven't paid attention but I don't remember the last time I saw a Spectre go Vanguard.

NBtoaster

Bristleback you can make an argument for, Spectre, nah. Get real items on her. Radiance, Diffusal, Drums, Heart, not all of those necessarily, but any of these are better than Vanguard.

Vanguard into radiance is fine. It gives you the tank to survive ganks and the sustain to keep farming. It's hard to go naked radiance on her because her escape is kinda shitty compared to naga or pl.

Maybe it's just my inexperience with playing hard carries, but spectre seems to benefit a ton from smart itemization and good adaptation as compared to other carries. Playing her aggressively can help a lot in terms of giving yourself a boost towards your core carry items, and sometimes farming radiance loses you games.

Demoli

Sepctre Vanguard is very legit, don't mock it. Health and Lane sustain on a hero that only scals better with thank is great. You can also selll it later to make a heart or something.

I always try to rush drums for spectre, always spam ulti and decide to go in if I need to. After that I can decide what I want. But its great sustainability in the very early game.

K.Sabot

Was watching CS:GO starladder...

and jesus christ they are still using that sheever voice over for the esport bets website. Please stop please I'll do a voice over for free.

yarden24

I thought it was shit as well, but vanguard can work very well on specter in certain situations, though it depends very much on what heroes you are up against.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Was watching CS:GO starladder...

and jesus christ they are still using that sheever voice over for the esport bets website. Please stop please I'll do a voice over for free.

H8r...

Question: Is "URN REEL MONEY" a meme within the CS crowd?

Has there ever been talk of a Spectate feature where it could skip to another random match when the one you're watching ends?

I like having it on in the background, so it'd be nice if it would do that automatically

I realise that's the height of laziness

Nirvana

What did he do?

Performed poorly in a match.

It's not so much a hate train (now I'm being hyperbolic haha) it's more a "this player is trash" train. You know, like when every pro player or team goes through a bad patch of games and then they should disband etc.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why does anybody creep block without holding down their 'select hero' hotkey? I think it was Sing's stream I saw this on and I've been doing it ever since and wow does it make creep blocking trivial compared to trying to edge pan the camera every few steps.

Randdalf

Has there ever been talk of a Spectate feature where it could skip to another random match when the one you're watching ends?

I like having it on in the background, so it'd be nice if it would do that automatically

I realise that's the height of laziness

Enable console (steps 2 and 3), open Dota press the tilde ` key (below and to the left of ESC), then enter the command

dota_spectator_auto_spectate_games 1

Set it to 0 if you want to stop auto spectating,

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have wasd camera panning set up so that was never an issue for me.

Also people abandoning is a great way to practice your micro skills, starting to get better at tabbing though units in the same control group to use their spells instead of just relying on just control groups.

ViviOggi

Why does anybody creep block without holding down their 'select hero' hotkey? I think it was Sing's stream I saw this on and I've been doing it ever since and wow does it make creep blocking trivial compared to trying to edge pan the camera every few steps.

Why does anybody edge pan
77B118AFDB31BC909425B8B8C43E287A5B9FB599

Zeth

I agree - i usually do it for Dire. If you're used to middle mouse button it's actually not that difficult, as that camera method is better at short, small changes in position, but locking to hero is usually pretty helpful.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Sepctre Vanguard is very legit, don't mock it. Health and Lane sustain on a hero that only scals better with thank is great. You can also selll it later to make a heart or something.

Its very situational but quite good.

If I'm getting harassed in lane as Spectre I always grab a Ring of Health, even if I'm rushing Radiance, the sustain I get from it more than pays for itself. And then if they have a lot of right click in the mid game I might build the ring into a Vanguard. If they don't and its a battle of the late game I sell the ring to finish my Diffusal or whatever

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I find it dumb that people on the dev boards are opposed to putting the custom mine icon as part of the mine and the custom mini-map and hero icon as part of the hat. Right now all the icons are tied to the bomb cart.

Razzer

Capitalist "I think Titan can force this, even without exorcism they are so strong" (paraphrasing)

Titan back off "Yeah, there's really no reason to force this, just come back with exorcism and it'll be easy" (paraphrasing)

Dec

Capitalist "I think Titan can force this, even without exorcism they are so strong" (paraphrasing)

Titan back off "Yeah, there's really no reason to force this, just come back with exorcism and it'll be easy" (paraphrasing)

So they can push without exorcism but have nothing to lose by falling back and waiting for it to make the push easier. Makes sense to me.

I really hate when casters try to call a teams next move instead of casting what happens but that makes sense.

ViviOggi

So they can push without exorcism but have nothing to lose by falling back and waiting for it to make the push easier. Makes sense to me.

I really hate when casters try to call a teams next move instead of casting what happens but that makes sense.
I mean we can see what's happening on the screen so I think it's great when casters call possible followup plays and argue their consequences, but they need to know what they're talking about so it doesn't get awkward. The problem is that most don't.

Razzer

Oh I agree, I just found the timing amusing.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I hope they introduce more Prismatic gem supply at some point. The arcanas which allow them are nice but it's really quite absurd that you have to spend 10-30 bucks for an additional color when you just spent 35 bucks on an item. With the Techies and Shadow Fiend arcanas coming using this it'd be a good time to make them more afforable.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope they introduce more Prismatic gem supply at some point. The arcanas which allow them are nice but it's really quite absurd that you have to spend 10-30 bucks for an additional color when you just spent 35 bucks on an item. With the Techies and Shadow Fiend arcanas coming using this it'd be a good time to make them more afforable.
Something like 8 basic colors on the store for like $10 each would be nice.

I like the move to make the arcanas include an entire set to go with them.

Edit: TI4 is in the cover of the new York Times, I wish I was in the shot :(

Top Bottom