• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Sanjay

I just saw the ESL One Windrunner. Smitten.

BraUXoHCAAAfb13.jpg:large

What a lovely pair.

Hylian7

Okay, can a resident Storm Spirit expert here give me an analysis of this game?

Was it unsalvagable from the pick screen? (our greedy lineup)

I know I gave the FB mid to magnus (It looked like I was too far to the side for skewer, but whatever).

What else could I have done?

I always feel like anytime I participate in teamfights before BKB, I just die too easily. Then we've already lost, I can't farm anywhere safely AND the team is asking me to partake in fights, then cries "Where's your BKB?" when I've been trying to fight and shit always goes south.

The only games I ever get a BKB in are the ones where we somehow last long enough or are snowballing.

Yes, I'm aware we still won this game, but I feel I could have done better. I feel like we just got by by the skin of our teeth and kind of got lucky we made it to late game, because early to mid game looked bad.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/753122557

Quesa

So my brother's last hero for his 10 was invoker and he didn't want to do it. He asked me to play his game for him, and I told him give it an honest shot first. He lost three games, so I played one for him. I won pretty easily and was rewarded with a free hot dog.

I've received compensation for my dota play

I am a pro dota player AMA

@Hylain

Not sure what you're looking for in terms of an answer. You won the game, you were involved in fights. I guess you could have farmed better and gotten the FB on Magnus, but to be honest they had a tough lineup for SS to gank--Jugg has magic immunity, Necro is tanky, Invoker has GW and stuns, Mag is tanky, really the only chance you had was Lion who was probably rather passive. You have a weirdly low amount of hero damage but for all I know that might be normal for a SS. Not sure BKB was the best choice since RP goes through it anyway, Linkins probably would have been equally as good if not better (stops Lions ulti and stun, and paired with a sheep stick and/or orchid you have plenty of time to get stuff done).

i am installing league, i forgot i had to install adobe air, what the fuck is pando downloads

A lot of asian companies use it (Nexon comes to mind)--it's like a installation streaming software if I remember correctly. It is the underlying software that makes their installer\downloader work (similar to how much games just use variations of BitTorrent).

Hylian7

@Hylain

Not sure what you're looking for in terms of an answer. You won the game, you were involved in fights. I guess you could have farmed better and gotten the FB on Magnus, but to be honest they had a tough lineup for SS to gank--Jugg has magic immunity, Necro is tanky, Invoker has GW and stuns, Mag is tanky, really the only chance you had was Lion who was probably rather passive. You have a weirdly low amount of hero damage but for all I know that might be normal for a SS. Not sure BKB was the best choice since RP goes through it anyway, Linkins probably would have been equally as good if not better (stops Lions ulti and stun, and paired with a sheep stick and/or orchid you have plenty of time to get stuff done).

I got the BKB for everything else, like EMP, Lion shit, and more. Mostly EMP hurt like a bitch.

Edit: Also, streaming!

http://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

Jebusman

Banned
with all the money league has why don't they have a steam like services! this adobe air stuff just annoys me.

I'm sure they're working on a client replacement, but really when the large majority of your player base likely does not care or have become complacent enough to not bother complaining about it, it's probably not a high priority.

Ketch

It would be nice if they added "default" items for weather, loading screens, wards, courier and announcer.... or just more control over shuffle in general i guess.

Manus

Does anyone else really not play ranked matches that often? I rarely play them only for it being all pick and draft. I love single and random draft and it's all I play. I wonder if they will ever implement them into ranked matchmaking?

Mohasus

Does anyone else really not play ranked matches that often? I rarely play them only for it being all pick and draft. I love single and random draft and it's all I play. I wonder if they will ever implement them into ranked matchmaking?

I don't like ranked, too many tryhards so you gotta try hard to win. I hate trilanes, people dewarding and counter picking.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why is phase boots the number 2 most built item on Brew? I just played a game with a dude that got those and when full mana had enough to do clap/split with like 30 to spare. I didn't see him use his ultimate until he was like level 10+ because he was constantly out of mana. TP response to lane? No mana for ultimate. Clap/haze in a fight? No mana for ultimate. We lost this game horribly because he was a melee creep.

I don't like ranked, too many tryhards so you gotta try hard to win. I hate trilanes, people dewarding and counter picking.

Haha, the people I play with don't play ranked but we do all that shit anyways. I swear we all have Dendi dreams but Purge talent.

Quesa

I would recommend spectre for fans of accounting, model building, stamp collecting and reading technical manuals

Randdalf

Just played my first game as Techies, good lord this hero is good at turtling. My friend was Abaddon, utterly destroying me and my bot team in the early game. Then I put 10 remote mines mid, and got a triple kill, then spiralled out of control.

DKNBieW.png

Aghanim's is core it's unbelievably good, 750 damage nuke every 10 seconds (it also one-shots a creep wave). Statis Trap is hard to get off (Eul's and Sheep don't provide adequate setup unless you put down the Trap first). He needs mana regeneration desperately in the early game and mid game to set a decent trap. Land Mines seem to fall off the later you get, but when maxed it takes three/four of them to kill the ancients. Reddit told me that he falls off, and indeed, I did feel rather weak during the mid-game, unable to set any decent traps.

He's also so good at pushing too, which I didn't expect, he clears creep waves faster than any hero in the game by my reckoning and is just as good, if not better, than Pugna at destroying towers with his Land Mines.

I can't wait for this hero to be released now, but oh lord I do not want to play against him.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

The guys I play with usually deward aggressively and lane intelligently in unranked as well, but we don't play ranked because we like picking heroes we enjoy or just grabbing offbeat heroes for the fun of it, and I don't want to play every game against some combination of Mirana, Tiny, Invoker, and whatever other half dozen heroes are "best" right now

Top Bottom