• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

So the available teams for the team descriptions are:

Alliance - taken by Demoli
Titan
EG - taken by mastershake
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU
DK
IG - taken by Sanjay
C9 - I'm claiming dibs on this one.
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
MVP - taken by Steve

Format: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118828241&postcount=1641

I'm surprised no one has wanted Navi yet. Also, I really hope someone gets Newbee cus I have no idea what any of them are like. We ideally want these done by Sunday, but it's ok up till Tuesday.

How about this for a start:

Team: Newbee

Players: Hao, Mu, Xiao8, Banana, SanSheng

Recent results: VGames Tournament 2nd Place WVW June tournament 2nd place Sunt CDED New Star Tournament 2nd place

Signature heroes:
Hao: Anti-Mage, Lone Druid, Gyro Copter
Mu: Templar Assassin, Puck, Dragon Knight
Xiao8: Anti-Mage, Lone Druid, Gyro Copter
Banana: Anti-Mage, Lone Druid, Gyro Copter
SanSheng: Anti-Mage, Lone Druid, Gyro Copter

What to say when they are winning: TODO
What to say when they are losing: TODO

General description: TODO

traveler

Not Wario
Matt, you should also make note of how highway I-90 will be under construction starting the 18th, which could slow road travel for those coming from out of Seattle.

So, how late do you guys think most days will go to? If game start at 9, they will likely do 3 best of 3s and a "special event" like the 1v1 tournament each day. I guess that would peg a lot of days ending from 5PM to 8PM, which could give us time to see the city.

Is anyone going to have a rental car from the GAF group by any chance?

I'm listed in the spreadsheet but my plans are still completely up in the air. Have a ticket but haven't booked airfare or hotel yet as it's all dependant on my job situation. I have a final interview in Seattle next week that pretty much makes or breaks whether I'm going. If I do go, I'll probably be looking to book a hotel room if anyone is still making plans/doesn't have any.

Razzer

How about this for a start:

Well, I would have looked up that stuff anyway if it had come to it. It's more what comes under what to say and general description that is important as it is more about knowing the team, the memes surrounding them, and how they like to play. I'll be able to find that out as well through research though.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So, how late do you guys think most days will go to? If game start at 9, they will likely do 3 best of 3s and a "special event" like the 1v1 tournament each day. I guess that would peg a lot of days ending from 5PM to 8PM, which could give us time to see the city.

I'm hoping with the games starting earlier maybe stuff will still stay open at the arena later so I'll have time to wait in whatever massive line is required at the Secret Shop without missing a bunch of games.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm hoping with the games starting earlier maybe stuff will still stay open at the arena later so I'll have time to wait in whatever massive line is required at the Secret Shop without missing a bunch of games.

I want to see what the hell they are doing with the shop, the one listed on the ticket shows it located outside.

jokkir

Spent my 1,000 game rolling over the other team as Death Prophet

V0X1gr7.jpg

Annoying teammates though blaming me for kill stealing the entire game when they were chasing a guy with a decent escape (Nature's Prophet). What did they want me to do? Let the guy go?

fallagin

Spent my 1,000 game rolling over the other team as Death Prophet

Annoying teammates though blaming me for kill stealing the entire game when they were chasing a guy with a decent escape (Nature's Prophet). What did they want me to do? Let the guy go?

Phase boots and blood stone on batrider?? Wtf are they smoking.

Chris R

I'd like it if the shop was there but just took orders, shipping stuff out after TI4 finished... But that's probably just me.

What Dota is still missing is a clear, hard-to-fuck-up system for entering all relevant tournament information into the client. No more rummaging around websites and stuff - everything is in the client, nice and easy. That goes double and triple for smaller tournaments, of course, whose webpages sometimes look like they were thrown together in hours.

Also, someone on Reddit just had a game where he was was recalled by a Kotl who blinked back beyond the fountain and then fed the courier constantly together with a teammate. Got the poor guy an abandon because he couldn't move back there or get a TP.
I made a short video just to show the strat and how you can avoid it, but also to point out the two dudes doing it (one is "smart" enough to use his twitter handle as his name)...
I know some people will say that this is just enabling other griefers, but in my experience, assholes don't need support to act like assholes.

Zeth

Even though I follow Dota closely and post in this thread daily I have less than <100 actual matchmaking games because I fear how shitty everyone is. So it's this terribly vicious cycle of being shit and thinking everyone else is shitter. But today I decided I have to start playing actual games or I'll never get out of it:
http://dotabuff.com/matches/756546478
You really can't make this stuff up. It's like all my fears realized. Party of 3 abandoned and afk after blaming their bad start on the fourth guy while I beg for them to have mercy on him and explain that despite the 0-4 score the game is not over. At least I "won" mid and got a new dotabuff record for 100% kill participation. So chatting with the ES who was the only person left after 20 minutes I actually blew his mind by implying that leavers might be more likely to be matched with leavers. "owwww i should stop doing that then"
facepalm.gif

I really need to add some people from this "scrub gaf" I hear about. I've played some pickup matches with folks from GB chat with varying results. Anyway I just wanted to do a trench rant, as I don't get to very often.

http://www.twitch.tv/draskyl

Big subscriber train on Draskyl's stream. I always enjoy his stream, even if his attitude is sometimes bad, he has good/great music and he's a pretty good player. Plus when he plays with his friends it's always funny.

New sub: YOUMISSEDASUB
"Oh I missed a sub"

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
http://www.twitch.tv/draskyl

Big subscriber train on Draskyl's stream. I always enjoy his stream, even if his attitude is sometimes bad, he has good/great music and he's a pretty good player. Plus when he plays with his friends it's always funny.
I enjoy his stream because his attitude is bad. When he plays with Tony it's like I've died and gone to cantankerous old fuck heaven.

You know if it wasn't for the email Era sent to valve, this whole debacle could have been avoided. Obviously Era had some problems with Fnatic's management that made him talk to valve, too bad he couldn't resolve those issues before he send that email.
Anyway how can i get one of you guys to commentate on one of my matches?

If you want a newby caster to commentate them and upload them to youtube, just drop me a pm.

Shinypogs

Holy fuck Leshrac's stun takes for fucking ever to go off! On the other hand he makes buildings melt like nobody's business. Still, that fucking stun :(

"I lost to a solo mid spectre with basgher"
"I commit suicid"
(actual scoreboard quote from the enemy rubick last game)

and again my amazing dota skills took someones life -
This is what I live for!

yo cyborgmatt i think one of these images are over the limit :(

this one
huh.gif

well now its just showing up as broken sometimes and others randomly i dunno

Reckoner

Jakiro is such a badass hero. I'm playing him for the first time as it was part of the daily challenge. The satisfaction of having the first blood and helping the team throughout the game is immense.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Jakiro is such a badass hero. I'm playing him for the first time as it was part of the daily challenge. The satisfaction of having the first blood and helping the team throughout the game is immense.

Yeah Jakiro is amazing. He's so good against the 5 man pushing crap or the rat dota crap that's so commonplace now. He pushes down towers so well too, and also you basically win a lane with liquid fire. The only downside is that Clockwerk makes you very very sad.

Madouu

If you're cool you're always welcome to play with me and my friends, all mmrs are welcome. I also hear SteveWinwood is taking gaffer applications too, I can vouch for the games with him being fun.

Skab

So after some thought, I chose Jugg over PA for the Arcana. His skills just have a higher potential for cool looking effects.

I love playing him, he can just puke fire over everyone in teamfights nonstop. He also has fantastic starting stats and good stat growth. Also a small tip for those who didn't know: your attack range is 400, but manually cast liquid fire shots actually have a range of 600, allowing you to harass from a safer range.

Quesa

daily hero is abaddon

what should I even build on him he seems like a character you can basically build whatever on

TUSR

Banned
Played my 20th game last night! Also have decided to change off viper and have been using kunkka which has been fun so far.

Getting exposed to as many heroes as possible is a good thing, learning the nuances of abilities is so beneficial to skill growth in this game.

daily hero is abaddon

what should I even build on him he seems like a character you can basically build whatever on

Use him to shit on Mirana if they stick her in a tri.

Sibylus

Banned
The argument to vote for Juggernaut is compelling, despite his wealth of items. I... I changed my PA vote.

#crumbling #inside

I wish I was good enough to be considered scrub gaf :(

I'm scrub scrub scrub gaf tier.

Played my 20th game last night! Also have decided to change off viper and have been using kunkka which has been fun so far.

You two should add me, I'm a newbie and I regularly play with other new friendly people. Join us and enjoy not being shouted at by angry people and having the illusion our team knows what they're doing. My steam account is Print Screen, the one with the actual print screen button as an avatar.

TUSR

Banned
As much as I love Jugg more than PA. He isn't picked enough these days in drafts for me to care for an Arcana skin.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
As much as I love Jugg more than PA. He isn't picked enough these days in drafts for me to care for an Arcana skin.

Maybe the Arcana will make him competitively viable!

I wonder which slot they would put the item in, his Weapon or his Mask.

Wok

I have just played my first game as Silencer. This hero is one of the scariest late game carry hero. With a sheep stick and an orchid, he is op.

I still have to try these:

sAJYe5B.jpg

Tobe

this ti is gonna be fucking huge, and im kinda sad about it. there was sort of a personal close feel to the previous ones, you could see players in the halls and not being mobbed they gamers would just let them be and shit. but they were super nice to give autogrpahs and such.

this will be more of a pro feel which is cool but sucks at the same time :(

TI3 nostalgia :(

Gav47

daily hero is abaddon

I went mana boots > mek > sange while picking up the usual support items to become a walking dispensary, the game was over before I could get a late game item .
smile.gif

Top Bottom