• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Ok let's get real for a minute. Are you guys really going I buy those stupid mini figures and plushies? What are you going to do with that stuff? Keep it on a shelf until you throw it away 5 years from now? I could see maybe buying one of my favorite hero to keep on my desk, but not for $30.

TShirts I can understand, posters or some frame able art sure.... Maybe. Coffee cup would be perfect. In game cosmetics all day every day.

I think I'm most excited about player signatures. I can't wait to add signatures to specific items with clever description tags.

you do realize the codes usually sell for more then the cost of them items dont you?
you basically get the stuff for free.

Alot of people also collect these figures and have had figures for 30+ years.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Ok let's get real for a minute. Are you guys really going I buy those stupid mini figures and plushies? What are you going to do with that stuff? Keep it on a shelf until you throw it away 5 years from now? I could see maybe buying one of my favorite hero to keep on my desk, but not for $30.

TShirts I can understand, posters or some frame able art sure.... Maybe. Coffee cup would be perfect. In game cosmetics all day every day.

I think I'm most excited about player signatures. I can't wait to add signatures to specific items with clever description tags.

You really asking why people buy nerdy, expensive shit on NeoGAF?

PhaZZe

Banned
1 = main meepo
2 = all other meepos
3 = 2&3 meepo
4 = 4&5 meepo

I haven't quite gotten the hang of making the most of my first extra meepo (like keeping one in lane and jungling with one to max out exp/farm) but once you start to get 3-5 it's pretty easy to keep them split up farming separate jungle camps while one is in lane or roaming around with the team to start fights.

I've been meaning to try quick cast with Meepo, but I've gotten pretty good at tabbing thru them all and tab-W-click'ing with them all pretty quick.

I don't have any profound tips for fighting with him other than practice tab-netting spaced out enough so that they don't overlap too much and poof spamming. I'm still practicing with blink poofing which is selecting all other meepos, poofing them to the main meepo, then switching to the main meepo and blinking onto an unaware target right as they all go off. I've been mostly relying on blinking into range, netting a dude, then just walking over to him with the initial meepo while the others poof onto him.

People I group with say I shouldn't get the Mek and that I should let supports handle that, but I find it WAY too useful for farming and I like being the one that can control when I use it in a fight if I need to desperately save one of my meeps from certain doom. It's probably a crutch tho and I probably won't need it if/when I ever get actually good on the hero.

Still, nothing is more fun than surrounding and overwhelming someone with a BKB on with geostrikes. There aren't many heroes that will walk away from a 1v1 engagement with Meepo. He's a really fun hero.

Ty so much, how you practice? vs bots?

ZeroX03

Banned
Perfect World Figures delayed possibly till after TI4
20140519041102a0dsfiw5ayescrt8.jpg

That CM looks much better than the TI4 statue.

The TI4 Slark is my favorite though, and I don't even like the hero.

none of my fave heroes other than NP get any love

ZeroX03

Banned
Are treasures actually worth opening? What's the chances of getting the bonus drop? Actually interested in most of Treasure of the Elemental Set, everything except the QOP really.

Einbroch

Banned

FigureGAF takes offense. Figures are great. Put a few on some floating shelves instead of a poster/piece of art.

JustinBB7

I start with tango, ring of protection, and a quelling blade (or stout shield) depending on lane. I get ring of basilius, treads, and go straight into Vlads. By going Vlads before sceptor I'm able to farm fast and usually have treads, Vlads, and sceptor by 18 minutes. I've found that when I'm going sceptor first I still get it around 18 minutes, but then I have to finish the Vlads.

Aghs first is needed now because they changed how the stat distributing works on the clones. Before it was only 30% stat share without aghs, now it's 0% without aghs if I remember it right.

So if you want your clones to have any stats at all you need aghs first.

PhaZZe

Banned
Aghs first is needed now because they changed how the stat distributing works on the clones. Before it was only 30% stat share without aghs, now it's 0% without aghs if I remember it right.

mmmh already played vs bots in medium, 0/2/12 D: and yep aghs first for stats

Guesong

Guys, guys.

After a long hiatus from the game, I want to get back into it. Now, I have heard there have been significant changes in the jungle and Roshan and stuff. What's the gist of these changes, basically?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Guys, guys.

After a long hiatus from the game, I want to get back into it. Now, I have heard there have been significant changes in the jungle and Roshan and stuff. What's the gist of these changes, basically?

Roshan's respawn timer is now random, between 8 and 11 minutes after he's killed, to stop teams from camping out like clockwork at the 10 minute mark

The jungle camps have been shuffled around a bit. The only major difference is that the primary pull camp on both sides is now small creeps instead of medium, making pulling less effective although still viable

Razzer

Guys, guys.

Rosh now spawns 8-11 mins after death instead of always 10. The pull camp has been swapped with the camp with the smaller leash time, so the pull camp is now a small camp and the previous small camp is now a medium camp. Also, the safelane creeps move faster in the early game and the offlane creeps move slower, so they meet halfway through the lane rather than at the safelane T1.

Acinixys

Well yeah that's why I'm thinking it's pointless, but if I'm getting so many is it worth trying for bonus drops?

I guess if youre going to open 3+ chests you might as well just buy them. I mean if you get a Timbersaw set and a Courier you can sell them for $20+ and get all your money back

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ty so much, how you practice? vs bots?

To practice mechanics stuff go into a private, local lobby match with cheats on and give yourself enough money to buy a blink, bots, aghs and heart. Then level yourself up to 16, control group your meeps and practice moving them around the map and blink-poofing.

Bot matches are terrible for practicing stuff like succeeding in a lane because your AI teammates steal last hits, opponents will deny with inhuman precision and bots follow ridiculous gang-rapey AI routines that will cause 5-man rotations on you that make little sense aside from just cock blocking you from having a good time. I would just get the basics of executing down and then suck it up and take your losses in matches against players while you practice. I'm still not great at blink poofing in the heat of battle but I've been able to fudge my way thru some pretty successful games against actual players with just the basics.

Guesong

Also, the safelane creeps move faster in the early game and the offlane creeps move slower, so they meet halfway through the lane rather than at the safelane T1.

So is blocking the creeps still worthwhile or they'll always be pretty much at midlane?

Well I still have ags up at the 18 min mark either way, I just have Vlads earlier to make farming jungle easier. I generally try not to fight before that point unless I have to or I'm bullying the lane once I have 2 Meepos.

Razzer

So is blocking the creeps still worthwhile or they'll always be pretty much at midlane?

Both the carry and offlaner have to block the creeps now. You want it as close to the tower as possible, so it becomes like the midlane where both players block and whoever does it better has the advantage. It's harder for the safelaner though as the creeps move hella fast. Also, the offlaner is the one who will be more concerned as he needs to be as safe as possible whilst the carry has supports with him. Though, this refers to high level play, in pubs you just wanna block as well as possible.

You can block but you need to start at around the t2 depending on your MS and you need to move in a straight line instead of a zig zag, until they slow down after the pull spot.

The other big change to jungle pulling is that offlaners can get xp from neutrals if they are in range. (If you're 2v1 in the safelane you can be kind of screwed by this IMO.)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have posted in the wrong topic...

Er... The Witch Staff is starting to recover some value, it could end up really expensive again (Unless they release it a 3rd time)

ElyrionX

The Alliance puck set didn't come with all the particle effects and custom animations that were submitted with it in the workshop?

Baha

I think each of those plushies and mini figures comes with a digital unlock code for either a new chest or specific item.

Acinixys

Played Meepo for the 1st time ever in over 2000 games. Hes pretty fun. Hard to keep track of which Meepos are with your main though. Is there a trick to see which are with your #1 Meepo so you can poof them in easier?

FACE

Banned
Played Meepo for the 1st time ever in over 2000 games. Hes pretty fun. Hard to keep track of which Meepos are with your main though. Is there a trick to see which are with your #1 Meepo so you can poof them in easier?

Use control groups.

sixghost

It's more important, imo. If the offlane blocks your pull and you neglect your block, the lane is virtually lost, if you can't deward, since the creep wave will practically be under the offlaner's tower.

BHK3

Banned
I have posted in the wrong topic...

Er... The Witch Staff is starting to recover some value, it could end up really expensive again (Unless they release it a 3rd time)

bought so fucking hard, got my perfect witch doctor weapon. My first and hopefully only real market purchase (buying and selling essences/points during spikes and drops dont count)

Top Bottom