• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Radec

Razzer

Is this too many pictures? Any feedback on representing Team DK?

Thanks for covering Shira. I was
sleeping.gif
. I'll tick DK off the list. Thanks for the write up chiym1992.

Gowans

My mom is going to love this:

vaOVTps.png

I've 400 hours of games under my belt but I dont watch a lot of the competitive games. I'll be watching this stream.

Are we going to make a noob friendly OT thread on Gaming for the TI for everyone including those who want to check it out due to the prize pool?

M.D

ah man.. got the timbersaw set and i have no idea what to do with it

timbersaw is my favorite hero in the game and the set is awesome, but i can sell it for about 11.50-12.50$ (was going for 10$ a couple of hours ago) and maybe get another rare item and make more profit ;o

maybe i should just wait.. can the price go even higher? i don't understand how the market reacts to this stuff

Anilusion

ah man.. got the timbersaw set and i have no idea what to do with it

timbersaw is my favorite hero in the game and the set is awesome, but i can sell it for about 11.50-12.50$ (was going for 10$ a couple of hours ago) and maybe get another rare item and make more profit ;o

maybe i should just wait.. can the price go even higher? i don't understand how the market reacts to this stuff

Nobody understands steam economy. It's volatile as fuck, literally anything can happen at any time.

Abbadon is massacring everyone in Low MMR at the moment :(

Ah yeah new players can't really deal very well with heroes like Abbadon and Dazzle that can easily turn around a fight with their healing, Shallow Grave(Dazzle) and Borrowed Time(Abbadon). It's hard to fight against if your allies keep hitting Abbadon after his ult activates or an enemy that Dazzle graved. If you want to get some easy MMR by picking support both of them are good choices, though I like Dazzle more.

Gowans

You really do make a lot of Dota threads. Just wanted to let you know there will be stuff in the official TI4 thread for new people.

hahah i know, I can't help it.
I guess a lot of the time if you don't check here you could miss some discussion. I don't think the gaming media picks up enough never mind GAF.

Can't wait for the official TI thread, I will be following as much as I can.

Ketch

Does anybody know or is anybody good enough at math to figure out if the percentage of the prize pool for first place is the same as last year?

I was listening to dota today and they were saying if the prize pool breakout for first is the same as last year then no matter which team wins the five players instantly become the top 5 most winningest players in all of esports history. Including Starcraft and old quake stuff too.

TUSR

Banned
Does anybody know or is anybody good enough at math to figure out if the percentage of the prize pool for first place is the same as last year?

I was listening to dota today and they were saying if the prize pool breakout for first is the same as last year then no matter which team wins the five players instantly become the top 5 most winningest players in all of esports history. Including Starcraft and old quake stuff too.

$4,754,336/$10,335,513 = 0.46 = 46%

FACE

Banned

46%, so slightly lower than TI 3.

M.D

Nobody understands steam economy. It's volatile as fuck, literally anything can happen at any time.

decided to sell it try my luck getting more rare items from the chests

this made me wonder.. can i get the same timbersaw set from that chest, or does it follow their no duplicates rule?

edit: sold the timbersaw for 12$ (got 10$), bought 2 chests getting the last 2 heroes on the list and a chance to get another bonus reward.. got another timbersaw

awwww yeahhhhh

now i don't know if i should sell one too lol :((

Acinixys

this made me wonder.. can i get the same timbersaw set from that chest, or does it follow their no duplicates rule?

Only the normal sets follow the no dupes rule AFAIK

So you can get 2 ultra rare items in a row

shira

edit: sold the timbersaw for 12$ (got 10$), bought 2 chests getting the last 2 heroes on the list and a chance to get another bonus reward.. got another timbersaw

awwww yeahhhhh

now i don't know if i should sell one too lol :((
I need you to buy me some lottery tickets.

mfaex

Yes it's been split into 4 items. In your inventory is a pack containing all of the items of the (now) set. Open it to retrieve them.

Ketch

Ok let's get real for a minute. Are you guys really going I buy those stupid mini figures and plushies? What are you going to do with that stuff? Keep it on a shelf until you throw it away 5 years from now? I could see maybe buying one of my favorite hero to keep on my desk, but not for $30.

TShirts I can understand, posters or some frame able art sure.... Maybe. Coffee cup would be perfect. In game cosmetics all day every day.

I think I'm most excited about player signatures. I can't wait to add signatures to specific items with clever description tags.

eznark

Banned
Ok let's get real for a minute. Are you guys really going I buy those stupid mini figures and plushies? What are you going to do with that stuff? Keep it on a shelf until you throw it away 5 years from now? I could see maybe buying one of my favorite hero to keep on my desk, but not for $30.

TShirts I can understand, posters or some frame able art sure.... Maybe. Coffee cup would be perfect. In game cosmetics all day every day.

I think I'm most excited about player signatures. I can't wait to add signatures to specific items with clever description tags.

What's your email? I was going to buy some stuff from amazon today but I was hoping you would approve of my purchases first.

Thanks in a advance.

Top Bottom