• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Ties

Banned
13793-dota2_items_drowmask01.png

loooooooooool
That Mask of Madness looks nasty as fuck.

I don't even know if it's the COSMETICS or if the base hero is just plain ol' ugly at this point.

#DrowRemodel2014

Reckoner

Tried Enigma for the first time and it was bad. The casting range of Black Hole is something that needs more practice. Do you guys have any good tips for him to share?

dmshaposv

That Mask of Madness looks nasty as fuck.

I don't even know if it's the COSMETICS or if the base hero is just plain ol' ugly at this point.

#DrowRemodel2014

Mask_of_Madness_icon.png

Yeah the color really doesnt go with drow's color palette.

I can't believe im saying this but - this shouldve been yet another sven item instead. The mask is a natural fit for his character model, he goes red with glowin yellow eyes when he ults and MoM is often built on him.

elyetis

( http://dotabuff.com/matches/758469027 )

That was... an exhausting match. Had a very bad laning phase with SS ( who is pretty much still discovering the game ) against Lich + DP.
I'm pretty sure I made many very dumb item choice. Went boot/vanguard/thread/radiance/diffusal 2/radiance ( mistake I guess, too late at that point )/skadi(felt too squishy)/manta/heart/abysal ( didn't know what I should make ( butterfly ? ), friend on skype told me either abyssal or BKB, bkb didn't seem like a good choice to me )/travel

What would be a good item build for spectre when the early/mid game isn't going well for her ?

There is a good chance Merlini will do a predictions video.

offerings taken and rewarded

http://www.datdota.com/blog/?p=697#more-697 datdota did a piece

It's all a crapshoot, they have no idea which team will advance and which meta will emerge. For all we know DK and Navi are practicing carry Zeus right now, or maybe another Alchemist exploit was found at bootcamp

thanks, they are more informed about the meta than i am...I'll take what i can get

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Regular immortals from the $30 should be around $60-$100 like last year.
Doomling should be around $500+

"Like last year" doesn't hold much weight. There will be many times more people at the event buying items than there was last year.

Razzer

( http://dotabuff.com/matches/758469027 )

That was... an exhausting match. Had a very bad laning phase with SS ( who is pretty much still discovering the game ) against Lich + DP.
I'm pretty sure I made many very dumb item choice. Went boot/vanguard/thread/radiance/diffusal 2/radiance ( mistake I guess, too late at that point )/skadi(felt too squishy)/manta/heart/abysal ( didn't know what I should make ( butterfly ? ), friend on skype told me either abyssal or BKB, bkb didn't seem like a good choice to me )/travel

What would be a good item build for spectre when the early/mid game isn't going well for her ?

You got radiance twice? Also spectre is commonly agreed as one of the only heroes where radiance is a good pickup at any point in the game. I assume you dropped boots for the rapier?

Also, it's treads not threads goddammit, I see so many people say threads.

sephi22

"Like last year" doesn't hold much weight. There will be many times more people at the event buying items than there was last year.
Like last year holds weight because the $10 mythicals went for $30-$180 (Alchemist to Kunkka)
This year's immortals, which have an entry price of $30, instead of $10 will probably go for atleast 2x price on the lower side. That's a very safe bet no matter the amount of attendees

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
seems like there's a couple of good looking sets on their way... and a whole lot of really ugly ones.

fallagin

Ive been trying out a more tanky ancient apparition that is pretty fun. I still buy courier and put out wards, but instead of eul's I go rod of atos alongside an orchid then I either go shivas or skadi(if I just want serious tankiness and some more right click power). Seems to have worked out well since I am usually constantly taking part in ganks

Anilusion

Ive been trying out a more tanky ancient apparition that is pretty fun. I still buy courier and put out wards, but instead of eul's I go rod of atos alongside an orchid then I either go shivas or skadi(if I just want serious tankiness and some more right click power). Seems to have worked out well since I am usually constantly taking part in ganks

Richest AA in the world. Also you probably want an ags on him no matter what.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think in order of value for the new immortals will be Doomling, ES totem, Tombstone, SS weapon, Skywrath Weapon, Razor head.

Also, the custom Edlions are going to be so damn much, easily $100+

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Tried Enigma for the first time and it was bad. The casting range of Black Hole is something that needs more practice. Do you guys have any good tips for him to share?

Enigma has amazing skills all around. Get mek/soul ring as your first two items and you can push with your team all day. Usually I get level 2 eidelons (fine if you know how to micro them) and level 3 malefist. If the lanes are able to be ganked I'll buy a smoke and gank the safelane or mid. Eidelons do insane damage, so remember to use them.

Enigma is an early/mid game beast, great farmer, and has a game changing ult.

fallagin

Richest AA in the world. Also you probably want an ags on him no matter what.

Seriously, I'm pretty much always on the look out for ganking opportunities and assisting the carry in ganks + team fights and I'm rolling in gold.

I think ags is probably really good, but you get so much mana/regen, health, and damage from atos and orchid, and that is great because I am constantly spamming ice vortex to do a bit of scout alongside of just zoning out the enemy. I really don't do much long range ice blasts ironically, since I am usually saving it for team fights for the damage + nulling any mek action.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just played one of my worst games of Dota in recent memory. I was Shadow Shaman (a hero I'm notoriously bad at for some reason) and I had a Jugg partner in lane. We had big plans to shackle/spin on fools and wreck shop early but we were laning against Sniper and Ogre, both of which have the ability to very easily break my channel. Needless to say, it went terribly. I was something like 0-7-0 at the start of the game. I vowed to stop feeding and started playing SUPER passively, hugging towers and never leaving the side of my team. Still throughout the game I managed to die most every teamfight, usually before I could do anything useful due to being focused down instantly. All the while this is happening these dudes are all voice chatting and clearly in a four stack but being totally nice and forgiving about how shitty I'm playing. Even tho the other team's TA mid got massively fed (something like 6 minute blink dagger) my team managed to outfarm the hell out of their entire team. Also their TA was playing yolosolo and greedy as fuck so even tho she was getting a ton of kills she was trying to 1v5 often and getting slaughtered. Towards the end of the game I was occasionally able to help with a hex/shackle and occasionally live long enough to get my wards someplace useful, but I aside from being ward/sentry/dust bitch I was mostly dead weight. Still not a single complaint from anyone on the team. No flaming, lots of words of encouragement and forgiving.. It's like it wasn't even Dota. Any other stack on my team and I would have ended up flamed into a pit of despair and fountain AFK'd while the enemy rolled us but these guys were not about to let their shitty pub get them down and carried me hard. 4 commends well spent.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/758598706

On a lighter note: different game, Gyro disconnects for first 4 mins of game, comes back just long enough for stats to be recorded before DC'ing again and abandoning. Game is safe to leave. I yolo a bit, die like a tard and leave cause who cares, right? Rest of team somehow won 3v5.... http://dotabuff.com/matches/758556260

Got to love when your team has nothing but midgame heroes, the other team has 3 rat/late game cores among which a prophet and a lycan and your team refuses to push towers after you +other support secure a huge lead for your team in laning phase and prevent their offlaner from getting any exp and keep down their mid.

They just hunt for kills into the fog while their prophet /lycan quietly farm up necro 3s , 15-20 mins in they start taking all your towers while your team is chasing icons on the map (sometimes giving your team good vision just backfires...)

And all you can do is support is point out that we are slowly losing all our towers and map control and that if we go late we will lose hard.
While they just keep farming kills (and dying in the process due to feeling invincible because the scoreboard says 11-4, despite them not being there to get gold/exp for most of those early game kills)

It's like a slowmotion trainwreck and you are powerless to do anything about it.
Every time I pick a support who can't push well I'm reminded that is a huge mistake in pugs.

I just played one of my worst games of Dota in recent memory. I was Shadow Shaman (a hero I'm notoriously bad at for some reason) and I had a Jugg partner in lane. We had big plans to shackle/spin on fools and wreck shop early but we were laning against Sniper and Ogre, both of which have the ability to very easily break my channel. Needless to say, it went terribly. I was something like 0-7-0 at the start of the game. I vowed to stop feeding and started playing SUPER passively, hugging towers and never leaving the side of my team. Still throughout the game I managed to die most every teamfight, usually before I could do anything useful due to being focused down instantly. All the while this is happening these dudes are all voice chatting and clearly in a four stack but being totally nice and forgiving about how shitty I'm playing. Even tho the other team's TA mid got massively fed (something like 6 minute blink dagger) my team managed to outfarm the hell out of their entire team. Also their TA was playing yolosolo and greedy as fuck so even tho she was getting a ton of kills she was trying to 1v5 often and getting slaughtered. Towards the end of the game I was occasionally able to help with a hex/shackle and occasionally live long enough to get my wards someplace useful, but I aside from being ward/sentry/dust bitch I was mostly dead weight. Still not a single complaint from anyone on the team. No flaming, lots of words of encouragement and forgiving.. It's like it wasn't even Dota. Any other stack on my team and I would have ended up flamed into a pit of despair and fountain AFK'd while the enemy rolled us but these guys were not about to let their shitty pub get them down and carried me hard. 4 commends well spent.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/758598706

On a lighter note: different game, Gyro disconnects for first 4 mins of game, comes back just long enough for stats to be recorded before DC'ing again and abandoning. Game is safe to leave. I yolo a bit, die like a tard and leave cause who cares, right? Rest of team somehow won 3v5.... http://dotabuff.com/matches/758556260

I fucking love Kunkka's item build.

Ties

Banned
Christ, what a shit week of dota. I've lost like 80% of my games.
Same.

I usually fare much better but the teams I have been getting this week have been utter trash no matter what mode I'm playing. Hopefully that changes soon.

Ghazi

Didn't you just start? It's rough at first, don't even count them as games, just training.

I have extremely high expectations when I play. My biggest issue is my teammates sucking and feeding the enemy team. I start dying to the snowballed heroes, it's a recurring pattern, that I begin contributing to at that point. I feel perfectly capable of winning a match, if I had helpful teammates. All people do are disconnect or feed.

e: I'm not saying I'm perfect or everything's not my fault, either.

Top Bottom