• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

DanSaxon

Eh I've been skipping Chono at 6 now and then. Backtrack and Time Lock are pretty gud and at 6 I'm not getting a kill with Chrono unless they were almost dead anyways.

It was accidental, I never skip chrono it's too good of a skill to pass up.

Low Tier
I had yet another crazy Tinker game of carrying our carry to make the game last long enough. Meepo was constantly getting picked off by Lich (dying a total of 16 times). STILL won.

You do realize Tinker is almost always the primary carry just because of how that hero absorbs farm off the map right?

Zeknurn

Stomp the other team as Beast Master. They didn't stand a chance because they picked NP, Pudge and Tinker and no one of them could play it. Game was pretty boring.

Next game, be forced to play hard support Rubick with a TB safelane that can't dodge Tidebringer or torrent and a PA/Pugna that loses to a solo Sand King.

Games was over before it begun.

Match quality in ranked has been so damn awful the last two or three weeks. I wish I could delete my mmr and never care about it again.

DanSaxon

Eh at 6 it's a great 4 second stun and not much else, especially with that crazy cooldown. I don't feel bad grabbing it at 7 or even 8.

Oh yeah I can see your point, but it could be the difference between you dying or securing a kill etc.

Mohasus

Eh at 6 it's a great 4 second stun and not much else, especially with that crazy cooldown. I don't feel bad grabbing it at 7 or even 8.

This is so wrong that I don't even know where to begin. Let's skip doom too because it uses too much mana and has a crazy cd for a spell that the enemy can just run away.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
holy fucking shit Snaggletooth is getting added to the game.

my life will soon be complete

Chris R

This is so wrong that I don't even know where to begin. Let's skip doom too because it uses too much mana and has a crazy cd for a spell that the enemy can just run away.

It's just how I play the hero. I'm not doing it every time (2 in the last 15 it looks like, both at level 7) just when I think the situation applies.

Razzer

Playing tinker stresses me out. I have no idea how you can spam that every game hylian, the apm is too much in fights.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh look at that, another game where the other team drafts burst damage and disables and gg pushes at the thirty minute mark. Because why the fuck wouldn't you?

Snowdrift

I played Puck for the very first time in ARDM. I think I'm in love. Only problem is I never play mid since I usually play support and occasionally solo offlane. Could I play offlane Puck, or potentially a support Puck since the hero has a lot of utility, or does it need too much farm to be a viable support?

sephi22

"Another set of items that will be on sale at this year's International event are the Economy Cards which provide a code for a Genuine pre-autographed item, item set or courier from one of many Workshop artists."

So we have to pay the workshop artists to get their autographs? Okay then, I'm looking to get:
Scorching Talon (to sell to russians)
Artisan of Havoc
Dragonfire
Dragon's Ascention (GOAT)
Divine Anchor
Magnoceri
High Plains
Tang Ki (promise made to bounch)
Great Calamity; and
Wolf Hunter

$48 in just autographed hats. Ouch

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Has anyone made or have a link to a google cal for the TI4 days and times?

As an Aussie, It would be nice to know when I need to wake up nice and early to catch the start of everything.

Kade

I CURRENTLY HAVE $150 (ONE HUNDRED FIFTY) THAT WILL BE SENT TO YOU OVER PAYPAL IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PURCHASE THINGS FOR ME AT THE INTERNATIONAL 4 DOTA 2 TOURNAMENT GAMING EVENT DURING THE WEEK OF JULY 18, 2014 AND SHIP THEM TO A LOCATION THAT WILL BE PRIVATELY DISCLOSED IF YOU TAKE ON THIS TASK. PM ME IF YOU ARE TRUSTWORTHY AND ARE WILLING TO ASSIST ME.

Quesa

I CURRENTLY HAVE $150 (ONE HUNDRED FIFTY) THAT WILL BE SENT TO YOU OVER PAYPAL IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PURCHASE THINGS FOR ME AT THE INTERNATIONAL 4 DOTA 2 TOURNAMENT GAMING EVENT DURING THE WEEK OF JULY 18, 2014 AND SHIP THEM TO A LOCATION THAT WILL BE PRIVATELY DISCLOSED IF YOU TAKE ON THIS TASK. PM ME IF YOU ARE TRUSTWORTHY AND ARE WILLING TO ASSIST ME.

don't have as much but same

Also I hurt my hand cutting wood today and can't play dota rn. Where do I get that EG.Fear money

shira

Has anyone made or have a link to a google cal for the TI4 days and times?

As an Aussie, It would be nice to know when I need to wake up nice and early to catch the start of everything.
Game start time is the same everyday July 8-13, 18-21.
t1404835200z4.png

July 21 has press conferences of unknown length

End time everyday is estimated to be
t1404878400z4.png

everyday except the grandfinal which should end by
t1406073600z4.png

Times are estimates of course. LAN's always have technical issues and depend on if bo3/5's go max games or not

Razzer

I played Puck for the very first time in ARDM. I think I'm in love. Only problem is I never play mid since I usually play support and occasionally solo offlane. Could I play offlane Puck, or potentially a support Puck since the hero has a lot of utility, or does it need too much farm to be a viable support?

Offlane puck is a thing, ya. Watch Bone7 for pointers.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
All these immortals and sets coming out that alter particles and spell icons... Doesn't that dilute what arcanas are meant to do for a hero? What does an arcana offer now over a set like the new PL or Gyro sets that totally revamps all the abilities? Pitch shifted voice work and a top-of-the-screen hero icon?

Razzer

All these immortals and sets coming out that alter particles and spell icons... Doesn't that dilute what arcanas are meant to do for a hero? What does an arcana offer now over a set like the new PL or Gyro sets that totally revamps all the abilities? Pitch shifted voice work and a top-of-the-screen hero icon?

The arcanas have seemed to be of an even higher quality, if you ask me. The legion arcana changes seem more radical compared to the immortals and such. That said, Valve only made 3 of them (with 1 to come in the vote) so it could be they are just phasing arcanas out in terms of importance.

aeolist

Banned

he needs levels more than farm early since all his spells are so good, support would be bad. offlane is ok.

Ties

Banned
I play him as a 3.

You can go offlane with him, but only if you're solo because you really need to reach level 6 ASAP so you can start ganking other lanes. He's probably one of my favorite heroes overall, he's a bit tricky to get the hang of at first but once you get things down you'll be incredibly hard to lock down and kill.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What do you look for in a game of Dota?

In a game? Not much of anything particular.

In seven games? Not to lose all of them, five of which were to the same fucking strategy that basically requires you to have BKBs by the 20 minute mark if you don't want to lose rax

dmshaposv

Sometimes you hate this fucking game when u shut down an enemy riki. U buy dust/sentries since ur support wont (instead they buy their own shadowblade!) only to have enemy weaver farm up and demolish ur rax and rest of ur team.

Razzer

In a game? Not much of anything particular.

In seven games? Not to lose all of them, five of which were to the same fucking strategy that basically requires you to have BKBs by the 20 minute mark if you don't want to lose rax

I feel ya. Though judging from Dotabuff the problem is noone buys bkbs at all, even if it goes into like 40 mins lmao.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If this is like the immortals we got with the compendium, i.e. people spend a lot of money and gather a lof of them, then no.
In this case, each immortal costs at least $30, so they may go for a lot, especially if they run out quickly.

The biggest thing to be weary of if you want to sell back some of the digital stuff is what items valve gives each person attending.

Top Bottom