• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
TI4 player nationality statistics, phase one team players in parenthesis:

China: 21 (4)
Malaysia: 12
Sweden: 9
USA: 8 (2)
Ukraine: 6
Germany 4 (2)
Canada: 4 (2)
Russia: 2 (5)
Denmark: 2
Estonia: 1
Singapore: 1
Netherlands: 1
Romania: 1
Finland: 1
Israel: 1
Macau: 1
South Korea: 0 (5)

Ghazi

*sigh*

Anyone want to play? I'm new and suck, but I'd like to play with Gaffers, if you don't mind me dragging...

It's still a bad mind set to have. Focus on improving your play and on having fun.
I am focused on improving! Only in the past two games (on game four now), I've begun settings wards and denying, as well starting to get into more advanced build. I'm improving, but not fast enough!

shira

Tempted to try feeding in one of these other games

7 upcomInG mobas you Need to try

1. Sins of a Dark Age
Vermithrax_I_presume.jpg

2. Dawngate
dawngate-5.jpg

3. Infinite Crisis
infinite3-313x220.jpg

4. Strife
strife-2.jpg

5. Heart of the Storm

6. Arena of Fate
2d878ae13e-380x290.png
'

7. Deadbreed
deadbreed-2-1024x608.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wow, Sing Sing is still #5 solo MMR in Europe. I know he was the highest at one time, but I was under the impression he fell a lot compared to others in the past few years.

*sigh*

Anyone want to play? I'm new and suck, but I'd like to play with Gaffers, if you don't mind me dragging...

I am focused on improving! Only in the past two games (on game four now), I've begun settings wards and denying, as well starting to get into more advanced build. I'm improving, but not fast enough!

I added you, we can play some time.

Madouu

You can add me, same name on steam.

Added all of you! I'm on now! I'll invite you!

I was too late for your match, but I did spectate it for a bit to see if I could give you some pointers. Most of this will come over time, don't worry.

-Don't attack the enemy creeps when they're at full health unless you're actively going for a tower. If you damage the enemy creeps more than necessary, your creeps will win that clash (instead of the usual draw if left untouched), walk further, and start attacking their next wave of creeps. This means that the 'creep equilibrium' is now closer to their tower, which means it's hard for you to kill them and easy for them to kill you. You should still go for that last hit on enemy creeps to earn cash, but leave them alone the rest of the time.

-Be sure to buy the items you want as soon as possible. The longer you're sitting on those 2k gold, the more potential you waste. Plus, if you spend your gold you won't lose as much on death. Whenever you notice your gold count reach four digits, back off a little and open the shop screen, see if you can buy what you want, buy it, and ship it over to you on the courier.

-It's good you're learning denying, but keep in mind that for a gold-hungry carry, last hits are more important than denies. Deny when there's nothing else to do at the moment, but keep your concentration on the last hits and let your support take care of the denies.

-Try to glance at the minimap often to see if any allies or enemies are 'rotating' (switching lanes), looking for a gank. At one point you went back to base to tank up on mana, but at the same time your rubick was coming to your lane under the effect of an invisibility rune. If you had stayed in lane and assisted your rubick (get one last spell and some autoattacks in), you could have made a succesful gank.

-Commend Madouu for these sick force staff saves.

Ah man, the hook on the Timberthaw set doesn't get fired when he uses his chain, only the default is.

Also the reactive armor doesn't seem to work. It just uses the default armor model after 1 stack.

shira

Ah man, the hook on the Timberthaw set doesn't get fired when he uses his chain, only the default is.

Also the reactive armor doesn't seem to work. It just uses the default armor model after 1 stack.

Yeah all the new hats are half-baked or missing something or ruther. Too much hat$, not enough qc.

Ghazi

I was too late for your match, but I did spectate it for a bit to see if I could give you some pointers. Most of this will come over time, don't worry.

-Don't attack the enemy creeps at full health unless you're actively going for a tower. If you damage the enemy creeps more than necessary, your creeps will win that clash (instead of the usual draw if left untouched), walk further, and start attacking their next wave of creeps. This means that the 'creep equilibrium' is now closer to their tower, which means it's hard for you to kill them and easy for them to kill you. You should still go for that last hit on enemy creeps to earn cash, but leave them alone the rest of the time.
I see, Madouu kinda explained this as well. It makes sense, I'll work on getting the timing for that last hit just right!

-Be sure to buy the items you want as soon as possible. The longer you're sitting on those 2k gold, the more potential you waste. Plus, if you spend your gold you won't lose as much on death. Whenever you notice your gold count reach four digits, back off a little and open the shop screen, see if you can buy what you want, buy it, and ship it over to you on the courier.
I'm kinda at an impasse there, though. I want to save up for stuff like Aghamis Scepter or Sange and Yasha, but I die sometimes and get set back, or just wait to try and save up. Should I just buy those things when I've suddenly got into drowning in gold by getting multi kills or something?
-It's good you're learning denying, but keep in mind that for a gold-hungry carry, last hits are more important than denies. Deny when there's nothing else to do at the moment, but keep your concentration on the last hits and let your support take care of the denies.
That makes sense, as well. I shouldn't actively try to deny if I can get last hits for myself to get stronger!
-Try to glance at the minimap often to see if any allies or enemies are 'rotating' (switching lanes), looking for a gank. At one point you went back to base to tank up on mana, but at the same time your rubick was coming to your lane under the effect of an invisibility rune. If you had stayed in lane and assisted your rubick (get one last spell and some autoattacks in), you could have made a succesful gank.
Map awareness is something I'm still really far under. I'm working on it, but usually I'm solely focused on my lane (I know, it's bad!). It's a habit I'll have to break, though!
Done!

Force Staff is amazing.

I buy it on most of my defensive supports just in case my carry fucks up or something

Yeah, it is a must have I think on ton of supports. I know alot of people use it to escape, help someone escape or chase, but what I really like to do with it is force an initiation. Catch one of the enemies ande push them forward and stack onto them. I remember one time force staffing someone off their middle cliffside and going ontop him. Great offensive and defensive item.

I'm kinda at an impasse there, though. I want to save up for stuff like Aghamis Scepter or Sange and Yasha, but I die sometimes and get set back, or just wait to try and save up. Should I just buy those things when I've suddenly got into drowning in gold by getting multi kills or something?

Keep in mind that almost all big expensive items are build by combining cheaper items. For example, Aghanim's Scepter is made by combining four ~1000 gold items. Sange and Yasha is made by combining, better sit down because I'm going to blow your mind, Sange and Yasha. Some item combinations require a recipe, which is just a useless piece of paper that serves to increase the price for items for balance reasons.

So, while it takes a long time to cough up the gold for an Aghanim's Scepter, you can buy it in cheap parts that give you an immediate upgrade, and make you lose less gold on death.

Also, map awareness is by far the hardest thing on that list to get used to. I eventually learned it by playing heroes with global abilities (Treant Protector, Centaur). For now, don't feel to bad at just focussing on your own lane, but keep in mind it's a very useful skill to have.

Hylian7

it literally looks like a crater

See that point where it starts to go down into the crater? That was where SS sold his shit and bought two Blink Daggers, then sold those to buy a Crystalys and then into Daedalus.

The sad thing is, this was basically a won game but Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb (SS and Morph) decided ot throw it for us. And they were Russian.

Madouu

-Don't attack the enemy creeps when they're at full health unless you're actively going for a tower. If you damage the enemy creeps more than necessary, your creeps will win that clash (instead of the usual draw if left untouched), walk further, and start attacking their next wave of creeps. This means that the 'creep equilibrium' is now closer to their tower, which means it's hard for you to kill them and easy for them to kill you. You should still go for that last hit on enemy creeps to earn cash, but leave them alone the rest of the time.

Yup this is all good advice. For now, I would say he should focus primarily on last hitting instead of auto attacking in his next few games so it becomes a habit. He can make up for lack of map awareness by adopting a more passive playstyle, although it should be the next thing he should focus on along with better camera control once he got that right.

all day
laugh.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I have extremely high expectations when I play. My biggest issue is my teammates sucking and feeding the enemy team. I start dying to the snowballed heroes, it's a recurring pattern, that I begin contributing to at that point. I feel perfectly capable of winning a match, if I had helpful teammates. All people do are disconnect or feed.

e: I'm not saying I'm perfect or everything's not my fault, either.

*sigh*

This is pretty funny

Does anyone know if the Secret Shop will be accessible for those who don't have a ticket to TI4? I live in Seattle but was unable to secure a ticket, and I would like to be able to purchase some merc!

Wok

"Like last year" doesn't hold much weight. There will be many times more people at the event buying items than there was last year.

Exacly.

13805-dota2_concept_enigma.png

Geodesics for Enigma is an extremely rare bonus drop. God damn. Is my wallet fucked?

Whichever item is not immortal will end up either on the store (in non-genuine edition) during the tournament, or on the Valve shop after the tournament. For people who cannot attend the event, the only thing to care about during the tournament is the immortals. Everything else will be over-priced on the Steam Market.

Wok

Opened two Alliance Chests, got Puck and TA, exactly what I wanted, yes!

According to Reddit, Puck has the custom animations, but "Twin Blades Assassin" and "Sanguine Royalty set for QOP" do not.

BRN47Bl.png

I don't know who to trust.

Exacly.

Whichever item is not immortal will end up either on the store (in non-genuine edition) during the tournament, or on the Valve shop after the tournament. For people who cannot attend the event, the only thing to care about during the tournament is the immortals. Everything else will be over-priced on the Steam Market.

Maybe the Immortals will be on the store for a limited time!

... haha yeah right

Chris R

ARDM is fun, but I need to not build MS items and just build tanky shit.

Oh, and having a non-shit team would be nice too.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
According to Reddit, Puck has the custom animations, but "Twin Blades Assassin" and "Sanguine Royalty set for QOP" do not.

BRN47Bl.png

I don't know who to trust.

There was more stuff submitted then added.

Also, you know whats a real pain in the ass? Going though all 4000+ items tagging the date they were added, so I can attempt to plot the date people get items onto a graph. Thank god for tournament tickets, they give so many extra dots, but Dota 2 wiki has a lot of items with the wrong date marked.

Top Bottom