• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Hylian7

I really liking the new Puck Set, I might have to pick it up, along with the tail from the one chest.

Yeah, I love it. I got one out of one of the Alliance chests. Played a match with it and damn it looks nice. I particularly like the Dream Coil and attack particles.

elyetis

You got radiance twice? Also spectre is commonly agreed as one of the only heroes where radiance is a good pickup at any point in the game. I assume you dropped boots for the rapier?

Also, it's treads not threads goddammit, I see so many people say threads.
My mistake no, only radiance once, after diffusal. Yeah I dropped boots for rapier at the very end.

( and if my memory serve me right, replaced diffusal by abyssal and vanguard by tarrasque, Treads by travel )

I had a really hard time balancing my need for being able to survive ( mostly because of meepo and DP ult ), and dealing damage ( really didn't feel powerfull even when I was six slotted ).

shira

jQZMfjcMsr8Uk.png

That's at least 25 cash registers for 10,000 attendees.

400 people/cash register.
12 hours days = 720 minutes
So technically in one day if each transaction averaged 1.8 minutes all 10,000 could get something at the secret shop with perfect efficiency.

There is going to be a fucking stampede on the first day.
AHHH.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So will we ever get new items that can just be bought off the store?

Doubt it. Valve has figured out that if you hide all the best hats as a super rare bonus for unlocking chests people will buy a lot more chests. It sucks. I opened 8 chests trying to get that Venge set back when this first started happening, didn't get it and learned a hard lesson.

Wok

Doubt it. Valve has figured out that if you hide all the best hats as a super rare bonus for unlocking chests people will buy a lot more chests. It sucks. I opened 8 chests trying to get that Venge set back when this first started happening, didn't get it and learned a hard lesson.

Come on, 8 chests a hard lesson?

Shengar

That Gyrocopter's custom ultimate icon is so fucking sick.
Those TI4 players set....are they designed by the player or designed for them?

Zeth

I'm confused by Drow's Boreal Watch Reforged. The model on matt's breakdown page looks identical to the old one. Is it not in the files yet?

Also, Christmas came early yesterday - so many hats. I got them all I think. Except the VP ultra rare courier. The VG starfox is way better.

I think we can draft a 5 man team with an Alliance logo on every hero now.

dmshaposv

i don't get why the alliance releases sets only for the carry/mid player.

2 sets for s4, 2 for loda.

I know bulldog is getting a LD and NP set (both look very good too), but why not show some love to Akke and EGM? An akke enchantress and EGM windranger set should surely be on the cards.

DanSaxon

TI4 player nationality statistics, phase one team players in parenthesis:

China: 21 (4)
Malaysia: 12
Sweden: 9
USA: 8 (2)
Ukraine: 6
Germany 4 (2)
Canada: 4 (2)
Russia: 2 (5)
Denmark: 2
Estonia: 1
Singapore: 1
Netherlands: 1
Romania: 1
Finland: 1
Israel: 1
Macau: 1
South Korea: 0 (5)

Sad lack of English players.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Code:
4002 DK	                   3.250
4003 Newbee	           4.320
4001 Invictus Gaming	   4.790
4005 Alliance	           8.910
4004 Evil Geniuses	   9.500
4006 Vici Gaming	   16.030
4007 NaVi	           18.700
4008 Empire	           23.360
4009 Fnatic	           46.850
4010 LGD Gaming	           55.180
4011 Mouz	           61.110
4012 Cloud 9	           62.950
4013 Titan                 158.850
4014 Team Liquid           369.090
4016 Arrow Gaming	   356.740
4015 NaVi.NA	           369.090
4017 Virtus Pro	           613.480
4018 CIS	           857.900
4019 MVP Phoenix	   980.050

TI4 odds from an unspecified betting site, lifted from this reddit post

Alliance with better odds than EG seems questionable.

Edit: rearranged them according to their odds rather than their IDs, or whatever that number on the left is

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Come on, 8 chests a hard lesson?

Spent $20 trying to get a $10 item and failed. I mean, I'm not going to be on the street panhandling or anything, but it still sucked and made me feel like a tard.

Nymerio

i don't get why the alliance releases sets only for the carry/mid player.

2 sets for s4, 2 for loda.

I know bulldog is getting a LD and NP set (both look very good too), but why not show some love to Akke and EGM? An akke enchantress and EGM windranger set should surely be on the cards.

EGM Windrunner set
EKhNF9P.png

Edit: Just played another disgusting lane, this time in ARDM: Axe + Warlock. Battle Hunger + Shadow Word on a squishy hero is so dirty.

This patch void is a legit carry, naga is viable again, PL gets shat on from great height all day every day. Best patch ever.

I don't get it. If you hate rat dota on principle (which is the primary reason why I see people hating on PL) then Naga is just as bad as PL, if not worse.

Would you mind explaining a bit?

Acinixys

EGM Windrunner set
EKhNF9P.png

Edit: Just played another disgusting lane, this time in ARDM: Axe + Warlock. Battle Hunger + Shadow Word on a squishy hero is so dirty.

Really hope EGM plays some Wind at TI

Was pretty epic watching his land totally bullshit shackles from across the map

Ghazi

So is Razor just as good in ranked matches? I'm still a good way out, but I think Razor's pretty amazing. Solo mid Razor must just be completely bonkers. I really like playing Lich, too. I want to start playing Outworld Devourer at some point, well. I know he's much more complicated and difficult to play than those other two, though.

Also, how much should I experiment with other characters? How many characters should I be getting familiar with for different situations? I usually don't just try other characters randomly, I prefer researching their roles and best strategies with them first, as well as builds.

Someone pointed this out to me last night. I always pick my character right as the match has started, while everyone else waits. That's to avoid counter picks, right? Maybe I should start doing that...

FtHTiny

I can´t believe that it´s still possible to dodge in this game. It´s such a long time now and they aren´t able to disable that command when your game is loading/done loading. So many time wasted because of that shit.
Their little threat about putting them all together was nothing more than a bluff anyway.

Kioshen

*sigh*

Anyone want to play? I'm new and suck, but I'd like to play with Gaffers, if you don't mind me dragging...

I'm still new at this game but a little time constrained for now. Add me on steam and if you see me playing dota 2 i could play a game with you.

Razzer

They're not doing anything besides losing in every tournament but somehow they're the only team that doesn't get the "what have they won" card.

Only vanskor and resolution really impress me tbh. I think people are still holding onto that unbeaten run they had for a while. They are pretty consistent, I just don't see them do anything spectacular though.

Shengar

Today I played with possibly the worst PA I've ever seen. No game sense, no attention to the minimap and pings, no decision making whatsoever.

She was so bad, That I as Venge playing 4 position ended up out-carrying her by the 20 minute mark, doing nothing but ganking all the lanes. I got an Urn and medallion before going manta and I still got a 2sh min manta, while the PA had a 35 min Bfury.

Edit: I'll be streaming for a few hours now.

Possibly a new player that just experimented with heroes.
Seriously, I want to smack these people's head who experimented in match against people. No, people with high experienced are fine if they wanted to experiment since at least they innate skills like map awareness.
I'm almost throw a controller near me when a friend did this with Spectre. Dota 2 bring the worst out of me :(

Demoli

Possibly a new player that just experimented with heroes.
Seriously, I want to smack these people's head who experimented in match against people. No, people with high experienced are fine if they wanted to experiment since at least they innate skills like map awareness.
I'm almost throw a controller near me when a friend did this with Spectre. Dota 2 bring the worst out of me :(

That was around 4k skill level, he wasnt a new player.

Wok

Spent $20 trying to get a $10 item and failed. I mean, I'm not going to be on the street panhandling or anything, but it still sucked and made me feel like a tard.

I see. Thankfully, it was not a big loss in the end. Better learn by losing $20.

JambiBum

Opened two EG chests and got exactly what I wanted. Naga first and then Disruptor and Timbersaw. Haven't gotten that lucky with chests in a long time.

Top Bottom