• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Ketch

I keep hearing about all the sick new items in the game, but nobody posts any pictures. This cosmetic tease is too much to handle at 830 in the morning. I'm gonna look at the funny pictures thread.

The community is getting worse by the day. I could play Ranked MMR fine just a few months ago with a total idiot like every 7-10 games. Now absolutel super idiots are in every 2-3 game. No more fun :/

And I am not just talking about people who play bad or feed. No, they just go afk for periods in the game, or when they think we lost. Flame from minute one. Do stupid stuff on purpose.

Zoon

Any idea if we gonna get new strech goals or has valve understood that they don't need them in order to get people's money?

Red UFO

The community is getting worse by the day. I could play Ranked MMR fine just a few months ago with a total idiot like every 7-10 games. Now absolutel super idiots are in every 2-3 game. No more fun :/

And I am not just talking about people who play bad or feed. No, they just go afk for periods in the game, or when they think we lost. Flame from minute one. Do stupid stuff on purpose.

I've noticed the "gg" when the team has died like, 3 times in the first 10 minutes occuring more often. And also seeing a lot more people abandon.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've noticed the "gg" when the team has died like, 3 times in the first 10 minutes occuring more often. And also seeing a lot more people abandon.

I've seen it too. Post-patch, pre-TI4 excitement I'm guessing. I notice that after patches or during big tournaments that the casual playerbase tends to jump up, specifically people that care more for new heroes or items than actually playing well. Leads to shittier games, more leavers, just a general bad attitude. Game is best when it's a been a long time since new content.

The Techies launch is going to be a bloodbath. You can pretty much guarantee someone will instapick him feed every game.

kvk1

I've seen it too. Post-patch, pre-TI4 excitement I'm guessing. I notice that after patches or during big tournaments that the casual playerbase tends to jump up, specifically people that care more for new heroes or items than actually playing well. Leads to shittier games, more leavers, just a general bad attitude. Game is best when it's a been a long time since new content.

The Techies launch is going to be a bloodbath. You can pretty much guarantee someone will instapick him feed every game.

Picking modes like CM, CD, AR, etc. goes a long way to alleviate most of these woes.

ZeroX03

Banned
Picking AR solves 100% of all problems it is a fact.

You've got a perfect excuse if you lose: it was the random's fault!

I like CM but it takes ages and my friends don't like it.

Maybe it's an old DotA1 thing, but back in the day we'd always play AP but pretty much everyone would -random immediately. Hero picking was reasonably uncommon.

Kreunt

Banned
20 deaths in 30 minutes lmao

edit: checked his match history. He feeds on a regular basis with any hero!?

Yep, 33% win rate on meepo yet he picked it and took mid.
Him and the FV were both complete assholes, neither of them spoke much english other than insults.
Reported both of them and got 'action has been taken' notifications about both of them straight after the match lol.

Picking AR solves 100% of all problems it is a fact.

I wish AR was enabled for ranked.

kvk1

I think I should do that, just fuck MMR and play the fun modes.

I mean, I don't know the hard numbers, but I'd like to think that the more "competitive" modes are actually better for your MMR in the long run.

People are usually a little more organized as to what the roles/lanes are, you don't get the flavor of the month "OP" heroes 100 games in a row, and the communication within the team is a bit more "there."

The problem is they are quite the time sink. Both in the queue and draft.

Man, I'm not gonna be able to watch TI4 :(

I just moved and getting an internet connection here is really slow, won't have it until 21th.

Is it a bad idea to get the dota 2 compendium this late in the game?

You still get all the cosmetic awards, and the xp booster (for another 23 days). All you missed out on are a few of the predictions, and a few votes for more cosmetic stuff. You can still predict the main event stuff, participate in favorite hero and daily hero challenges, and play with player cards.

I don't think it's a bad idea.

manfestival

I would be able to benefit from a pubstomp and get my heroic gear. I need to be home to get heroic gear... right? I know the chances of getting some are super low but still!

Chris R

Just saw now that Valve is making the 2nd LB matches split over two days? Ugh why :| I can already see one team stomping their opponent and then losing the next two matches the day after. Momentum is a real thing as well as a mindset.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Reddit post title: "Live; Na´Vi.US 12 hours bootcamp stream on hitbox"

"Oh boy, this could be interesting!"

*Turns in*

Its just Sneyking queuing for Ranked Match Making
rage.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I mean, I don't know the hard numbers, but I'd like to think that the more "competitive" modes are actually better for your MMR in the long run.

People are usually a little more organized as to what the roles/lanes are, you don't get the flavor of the month "OP" heroes 100 games in a row, and the communication within the team is a bit more "there."

The problem is they are quite the time sink. Both in the queue and draft.

My experience is the opposite. Ranked always seems to be people trying whatever looked good in the latest major competitive event.

Kard8p3

No idea if this has been talked about but apparently several of those new sets (like mushi's qop) didn't get their special effects :(.

ZeroX03

Banned
My experience is the opposite. Ranked always seems to be people trying whatever looked good in the latest major competitive event.

I've had a few captains blindly copy the bans + picks of pro teams without actually putting in any consideration or attention to the other team. It's pretty funny, but not usually that successful as the captain is often not sharp enough to understand how or why the team worked.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No idea if this has been talked about but apparently several of those new sets (like mushi's qop) didn't get their special effects :(.

Yeah, I would like to think Valve will go back and add them, but I doubt it.

I really don't get why the Puck Items didn't get the custom Icons though, since it looks like the set Valve put the most attention into.

Yeah, I would like to think Valve will go back and add them, but I doubt it.

I really don't get why the Puck Items didn't get the custom Icons though, since it looks like the set Valve put the most attention into.

Valve specifically said they are not going to go back and add particles to the sets. What shipped is what they shipped, they gave them a choice of shipping without particles now, or waiting several months to ship, if ever.

Honestly I can't understand why artists are trying to create all these different particle effects when the proper tools to support them aren't even there. The amount of extra overhead it adds is too much as you can see by the amount of sets that got theirs implemented.

They should wait for the proper tool support first.

traveler

Not Wario
Escalation. More and more items feature custom particles, whether they're Valve's own immortals and arcanas, or the community submitted items that broke the trend previously. If you want your items to stand out and sell now, custom animations and particles are the best way to do it, since many heroes have plenty of "regular" cosmetics already.

Valve specifically said they are not going to go back and add particles to the sets. What shipped is what they shipped, they gave them a choice of shipping without particles now, or waiting several months to ship, if ever.
I'd imagine some of those sets will probably get them in the future when proper tool support is added for particles.

Top Bottom