• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Kreunt

Banned
Alright, which one of you said skywrath is OP?

kvgNrDj.png

:(

probably me

ZeroX03

Banned
A lot of it is match up dependent but I generally try and avoid putting points into enfeeble early game if I can get away with it, since all of Bane's abilities are mana intensive. Although if you're running solo mid against someone like Sniper then enfeeble early is pretty amazing.

Bane's the set up master with sleep so try and get lanes with hero's who have an ability that is easier to hit with set up, i.e. Mirana arrow, Lina stun etc.

Yeah Enfeeble's one of those highly situational moves. Look at your lane and decide whether neutering an enemy's physical damage output is worth it. Like Razor's Static Link it can completely cripple some heroes early game (and 20 seconds is a long time) or be completely useless.

Alright, which one of you said skywrath is OP?

kvgNrDj.png

:(

Skywrath is so dependant on positioning and requires a lot of patience during fights. I also don't have much luck running him as a hard support, so if your team is relying on you for all support duties you'll have a very tough time.

Get yourself a force staff and a rod of atos, follow your carry around, and get some easy kills/assists. Your range is amazing so sit way back.

Kreunt

Banned
atos is pretty much core on skywrath and you should build it straight after your arcanes 95% of the time.
concussive shot + atos practically makes people stand still so you can drop your ult on them for its entirety.

Acti

atos is pretty much core on skywrath and you should build it straight after your arcanes 95% of the time.
concussive shot + atos practically makes people stand still so you can drop your ult on them for its entirety.

True. For some stupid reason is one of the most underrated items on the game. Even tough it's a Hero specific item, tons of players just don't care about it. Which is dumb imo.

i think its like an unspoken contract between all the players

like atos is so good that i wont buy it if you wont because it just makes the game too easy

The issue is that of all the CC sticks, Atos' slow is almost always the least useful option. You'd get it if you're a squishy Int that really wants the Hp boost.

Like Skywrath.

Jex

I guess you could also grab Atos on Shadow Demon, but it seems like postioning tools would be more important.

I can't think of atos being core on any hero besides skywrath, actually, even though it's a really good item. It's good and cost-effective but most of the time I feel like rushing for a more expensive but game-changing item instead, like a hex or orchid. I guess the most directly comparable item is a euls, and I think in most cases with most int heroes I'd take the euls over atos.

Is Tiny the most effective last-hitter in the game? Watching someone play as him now, and he's taking out entire creep waves with 2 or 3 basic attacks

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is that the first item they generally go for after the basic stat-padders?
Very often, tiny has two main build paths. You can get things like blink dagger and go for an early ganking build, or rush scepter and go for a right click heavy build that is better in the late game.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'd have to disagree. I max Nova over Bite though I take Bite at level 1 for FB and jungling purposes. Nova has a lot more utility than Bite in early game. You can AOE slow and damage heroes in team fights and you can defend and farm waves with it.

As part of an aggressive tri with a Legion though?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Playing omni is a pretty interesting experience, all your skills are meant to be used on your teammates instead of the other team. Just pretty much ignoring the enemy and doing nothing but healing and buffing is strange and also pretty effective, even if you end up with the worst KDA in the game.

I can't imagine doing that for many games in a row, though. I want to hit stuff eventually.

Purification is a huge nuke if you aren't far behind in the game and his aura lets you disrupt enemies you get close to pretty significantly. He's very defensive in general, but that doesn't mean he lacks offensive potential.

Is Tiny the most effective last-hitter in the game? Watching someone play as him now, and he's taking out entire creep waves with 2 or 3 basic attacks

Tiny with ags is great for hitting the creeps, but from a hero -> creep standpoint he's outshined by AM, Meepo, and probably alc. The illusion farmers will beat him out too, he lacks the mobility to keep up.

Tq3fS3r.jpg

Players:
24px-Flag_Estonia.png
Clement "Puppey" Ivanov (C) (Support)
24px-Flag_Ukraine.png
Danylo "Dendi" Ishutin (Mid)
24px-Flag_Germany.png
Kuro Salehi "KuroKy" Takhasomi (Support)
24px-Flag_Ukraine.png
Oleksandr "XBOCT" Dashkevich (Carry)
24px-Flag_Ukraine.png
Hlib "Funn1k" Lipatnikov (Offlaner)

The International Record
Winners: 2011
Runners-up: 2012, 2013

Recent results:
1st SLTV StarSeries Season 8
2nd XMG Captains Draft Invitational
1st Dota 2 Champions League Season 2
5-6th SLTV StarSeries Season 9
4th The Summit
2nd HyperX D2L Western Challenge
5-8th ESL One Frankfurt

Trademark heroes:
Puppey: Chen, Enchantress, Enigma
Dendi: Storm Spirit, Queen of Pain, Puck
Kuroky: Rubick, Sand King, Lion
Xboct: Weaver, Mirana, Lycan
Funn1k: Nature’s Prophet, Batrider, Clinkz

General Description:
Since finishing runners-up at The International 2013, Na’Vi have endured an inconsistent season where they have failed to exert the same level of dominance over the Dota 2 scene like they once did. Easily the most recognisable brand in esports, Na’Vi have, at times, demonstrated why they are so popular with fans across the world but have also failed to replicate their style when it has come to the latter stages of a tournament.

Puppey is renowned for being one of the best drafters in the game but it appears that he has struggled to get to grips with drafting in order to compliment Na’Vi’s playing style with the changing meta. I would also add that I believe Dendi no longer has the dominance he once had over the mid lane, with his signature heroes appearing to struggle to adjust to the new strategies devised. Xboct will continue to Xboct. Funn1k has shown why he is considered one of the best offlaners in Dota 2 and has been one of the brighter stars of Na’Vi. My old mate Kuroky, my favourite player in esports, not much to say about him other than the fact his Rubick is the most overrated player in sports. Not esports, sports.

But we cannot forget the fact they’re Na’Vi. What they have is an abundance of experience. They’ve performed at the highest levels, time and time again at the International, proving that recent form has no bearing on their performances when it has mattered most. There aren’t many teams out there that can match Na’Vi’s bouncebackability. Get ready for squeaky bum time Na'Vi fans.

As strange as it is to write this, Na’Vi are no longer considered one of the favourites to win The International considering the struggles they’ve had since the last one. But they’re everyone’s dark horse.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Omni sucks as a support. Farming Omni is pretty fun and can do a lot of damage with some levels/points in degen. People underestimate his kill potential. A fun hero that is a support that relies on helping teammates is Abaddon. If people don't kill you you can pretty much keep your team in the game.

Something really weird happened earlier, I played All Random (think that's what it's called) and 4 of the other team disconnected as well as 1 of our's before the match even started. We got careless as you'd expect 4 vs 1 and I died, then when I respawned I was Clinkz and it was as though Chaos Knight had never even been involved :s

moggio

Banned
Something really weird happened earlier, I played All Random (think that's what it's called) and 4 of the other team disconnected as well as 1 of our's before the match even started. We got careless as you'd expect 4 vs 1 and I died, then when I respawned I was Clinkz and it was as though Chaos Knight had never even been involved :s

If you play All Random Deathmatch you respawn as a different hero when you die.

Razzer

That's all random deathmatch. It hasn't been officially put in but for some reason it's an invisible option in the menu. Quite buggy as a result.

If you play All Random Deathmatch you respawn as a different hero when you die.

That's all random deathmatch. It hasn't been officially put in but for some reason it's an invisible option in the menu. Quite buggy as a result.

Ah. Was wondering what the hell was going on :D

Is there a way of having a bot take over when someone disconnects? I know you can assume control of their hero, but I'm nowhere near good enough to control 2 heroes at once :p

Arkanius

I'm very depressed
I did DK as my favorite hero challenge, since I didnt play him much

http://dotabuff.com/players/381550/...ight&lobby_type=&game_mode=&region=&duration=

Apparently I suck with him
Very much

I managed to fuck my win ratio with him. Most teams feel that never build around him, I feel that I might have a good laning phase but mid game forward I fall off hardly until I get AC/Satanic/Mjolnir.

I think I'm missing something with him. It was a very sad experience.

Pratfall

I'm very depressed
I did DK as my favorite hero challenge, since I didnt play him much

http://dotabuff.com/players/381550/...ight&lobby_type=&game_mode=&region=&duration=

Apparently I suck with him
Very much

I managed to fuck my win ratio with him. Most teams feel that never build around him, I feel that I might have a good laning phase but mid game forward I fall off hardly until I get AC/Satanic/Mjolnir.

I think I'm missing something with him. It was a very sad experience.

You gotta push the fuck out of towers every time your ult is up. Finish the game quick cuz you kinda suck later.

Arkanius

You gotta push the fuck out of towers every time your ult is up. Finish the game quick cuz you kinda suck later.

I can't push alone though. If my whole team stays back, and I go alone, I end up getting raped 5vs1.

It can only work in split push scenarios.

Top Bottom