• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

620_1.jpg

Is Dadskyl casting now?

I hope not.

Damn LD's neck makes him look like igor

Chris R

I better be able to check my bag... I'm only bringing a backpack with all my clothing in it. Plane lands at 5 AM Seattle time, hotel check in isn't until 4 PM...

inkls

Will do! Will take time, though - my upload speed is horrendous until i finally get my upgrade.

Btw, the next game that inkls sent me is up. Thanks for the tip as usual! Not my best casting and audio, sorry. Now my setup finally works perfectly.

Btw one of the last games i casted was an ARDM, which i realized about when the game was half-finished. I admit i was a little bit tired, but my cries of "where did that hero come from" and "why are there 40 kills at the beginning of the game" were pretty entertaining (and embarassing) afterwards.

Thanks! Glad it was entertaining. That double dr wraith king was scary.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No he's just going.

I just measured my smallest backpack and it's like 18 inches tall. I'll fold it over...

Or maybe just actually use my hostel locker :(
Steve, you would need to make your back pack life 18x.75, or 9x2, I don't think it would be very useful being the shape of a tube.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Whelp decided to give solo ranked a try again for one game

Never

fucking

again

Mirana just communicates through pings, incessantly pinging on top of me until I figure maybe she wants me to come offlane with her ten minutes in

CM flames me for being "useless jakiro" while she doesn't buy any support items so she can rush her Aghanims

Quesa

If you're gonna be a big spender just buy a bunch of stuff to get a bag and sneak outside food in there with a friend who goes and gets it. Can't imagine security will be that tight and if they catch you can just say hey man I'm a whale you don't want to get rid of me

if you're poor from the flight/rooms/tickets just eat outside man don't have to be in the nerd smell pit 24/7

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i will invent a new mathematics like newton to justify my backpack volume

I'm pretty sure the maths say that would be a sphere.

Thus, to get a circle with 14 Square Inches, you would need the radius to be 2.11 Inches. This would give you a ball shaped bag with 56 Cubic Inches of Space.

This is slightly larger then a softball. I think from this we can conclude ether the key arena has a really strict bag policy, or put down the wrong value.

Chris R

If you're gonna be a big spender just buy a bunch of stuff to get a bag and sneak outside food in there with a friend who goes and gets it. Can't imagine security will be that tight and if they catch you can just say hey man I'm a whale you don't want to get rid of me

if you're poor from the flight/rooms/tickets just eat outside man don't have to be in the nerd smell pit 24/7

I'm going to grab lunch every single day (well except Monday) from the food truck event happening RIGHT NEXT DOOR.

Like perfect timing, I get to try a bunch of Seattle food and don't have to walk far to get to it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What exactly makes a person decide to intentionally feed in a game? I understand that some people just exist to ruin other people's good time. But then every once in a while you find somebody who clearly is intentionally feeding (in this case, a Storm who would zip from base into a fight, thus with zero mana, die immediately, then flame rest of team, and made remarks making it obvious it was on purpose), then you pull up their Dotabuff and they're obviously not always doing this. So what makes you just decide that tonight you're going to fuck up a game for a bunch of people on purpose? There was no fighting or flaming on the team that would have pissed him off beforehand or anything.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What exactly makes a person decide to intentionally feed in a game? I understand that some people just exist to ruin other people's good time. But then every once in a while you find somebody who clearly is intentionally feeding (in this case, a Storm who would zip from base into a fight, thus with zero mana, die immediately, then flame rest of team, and made remarks making it obvious it was on purpose), then you pull up their Dotabuff and they're obviously not always doing this. So what makes you just decide that tonight you're going to fuck up a game for a bunch of people on purpose? There was no fighting or flaming on the time that would have pissed him off beforehand or anything.

3/4 times, its that the person concludes the game is already lost, and them feeding will cause it to end faster.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Whelp decided to give solo ranked a try again for one game

Never

fucking

again

Mirana just communicates through pings, incessantly pinging on top of me until I figure maybe she wants me to come offlane with her ten minutes in

CM flames me for being "useless jakiro" while she doesn't buy any support items so she can rush her Aghanims
Jakrio is pretty ass unless you need to make space during laning for your better late game vs early aggression imo.

Pretty bad at rotating for kills.

This is slightly larger then a softball. I think from this we can conclude ether the key arena has a really strict bag policy, or put down the wrong value.

Or they don't want any backpacks in the venue so they put a value that means women can bring in purses and handbags (which avoids discrimination complaints) but the average person won't have a backpack small enough to satisfy their requirements. You could try and get your hands on one of the bags they give people for buying merch and us it for the following days to get stuff in and out.

Jakrio is pretty ass unless you need to make space during laning for your better late game vs early aggression imo.

Pretty much. He's nice and tanky and has good harassment abilities. Once the laning phase ends he becomes pretty crappy.

I'm going to grab lunch every single day (well except Monday) from the food truck event happening RIGHT NEXT DOOR.

Like perfect timing, I get to try a bunch of Seattle food and don't have to walk far to get to it.

That website for the event was also frustratingly vague and out of date. Maybe its a Seattle thing.

The Technomancer

We started with a CM-Jakiro-Legion trilane which was working out really well but Mirana just wouldn't stop fucking pinging so I went bot to support her and it went downhill from there

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
We started with a CM-Jakiro-Legion trilane which was working out really well but Mirana just wouldn't stop fucking pinging so I went bot to support her and it went downhill from there
Your Mirana is dumb. Your safe lane should have been killing anytime CM landed a skill or zoning out the other player 100% from XP and LH. Mirana can play up a bit usually and does ok in offlane.

The Technomancer

Your Mirana is dumb. Your safe lane should have been killing anytime CM landed a skill or zoning out the other player 100% from XP and LH. Mirana can play up a bit usually and does ok in offlane.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. This Maiden also didn't get Frostbite until like level 7 despite the fact that Frostbite with Jakiro and Legion would have been literal non-stop kills

And of course skipped buying all support items to rush Aghanims

Bad7667

Yeah that's what I'm saying. This Maiden also didn't get Frostbite until like level 7 despite the fact that Frostbite with Jakiro and Legion would have been literal non-stop kills

And of course skipped buying all support items to rush Aghanims

I don't understand why ranked attracts such venomous players. I don't play ranked but I watch Draskyl play and holy shit at some of the players that end up on his team.

I've never had a CM level up mana aura over frostbite in unranked. Makes me never want to try ranked again.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just noticed how Valve partitioned out the items for the new chests. The Elemental Trophy and Tangled Keepsake have sets for specific players, while Cannon's Fuse has sets for entire teams.

Chris R

Already wish I hadn't booked my flight for Friday but what you gonna do.

Yea I wish I flew in Thursday too.

But Hey, you know, when a certain fucking company doesn't release actual game times until two fucking weeks before the event there is only so much you can do.

Hylian7

There was some kind of anamoly in Dota tonight, as the trench suddenly rose up into the high 3K's. I guess it's sort of like the Dark Hour on Persona 3.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/762565150

The first episode was this match here. You may have seen this one on stream. It was full of constant broken English nonsensical banter in all chat between both teams. I had no idea what the fuck was going on. Then suddenly our Ancient Apparition left. There was a long pause for him, and he never came back. Meanwhile Nature's Prophet went full on Admiral Bulldog items, but instead spent the whole game farming the jungle. You all remember the old famous NP comic about how he "did his job" with the highest GPM while he wasn't doing any ratting, just farming. This was basically one of those kinds of NPs. I was surprised he didn't throw an Aghanim's in there just so he could try to look like he was the best on the team at the end. I tried, but being down AA, we had no chance really. The Blademail Witch Doctor was really out there, I did not understand that one at all. The fact that I have the only BKB on the team also speaks volumes.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/762605811

This one was a party match. I was with NS and Tree, who did their jobs well. However Wraith King wanted even more out of tree, blaming him for losing this game. Ol' WK started with not one stack, but TWO STACKS of tangoes, and a Quelling Blade. I think he had a salve too. I know he didn't have a Stout Shield though. He would keep taking damage, then ask for tree armors, when our poor Treant Protector had the rest of the map to worry about, and of course WK kept dying over and over. Our Night Stalker called him "SK" and "Skeleton King" and he was like "WHO THE FUCK IS SKELETON KING?" Ladies and gentlemen, the fact that I have encountered someone who doesn't remember Skeleton King, makes me feel like an old man in Dota years. That would make all the Dota 1 veterans great grandparents now. It's like the kids in that "Kids React to Game Boy" video, that said it was like a DS or iPhone, and didn't know what a Game Boy was. WK complained about how Riki was already fat, and of course his inaction led to our ultimate demise in this game.

I didn't even mention what happened in my own lane. I was forced to lane with a Brewmaster in the offlane, who had a Quelling Blade, and also no stout shield. I thought "Oh boy, I'm gonna get no farm because of this asshole." But nope, I had no trouble out last hitting Brewmaster WITH A QUELLING BLADE with Timbersaw's right click. That's right, this guy was that bad at last hitting that he coudln't even out last hit me with a Quelling Blade and his 2 damage higher than mine. I have no idea what trench these people come out of.

Also that Rapier was from Spectre fountain diving, and she died and WK picked it up right before our ancient blew up.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Late Breaking News from Drkirby: Different people are good at different things. Some people have off games. Some people can really only play a single hero. And all of these people really are just as good as you are, despite you wishing it not to be.

Also, it looks like your Wraith King really did start Dota after Wraith Night.

Marcus

does anyone still have that gif or video of some godly invoker owning an antimage near dire bottom rax?

i think the video may have been part of top plays or symphony of skills.

Hylian7

Late Breaking News from Drkirby: Different people are good at different things. Some people have off games. Some people can really only play a single hero. And all of these people really are just as good as you are, despite you wishing it not to be.

Also, it looks like your Wraith King really did start Dota after Wraith Night.

mZYb7Q1.png

If this is your items to go in the offlane. You are not a good player. Any decent player knows that. This is not an "off game".

If you go up and keep tanking Warlock and Riki like a dumbass and burn through your tangoes in 2.5 minutes, and then spend your hard earned cash on MORE TANGOS. while you stupidly leveled two points in Vampiric Aura. Then you cry that your Tree kept using Tree Armor on other lanes sometimes, like, *gasp* the rest of the map exists. That is a sign of a bad player. That is not an off game.

Maybe MMR isn't actually accurate of skill at all.

Top Bottom