• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

inkls

So, most of my dota experience at this point consists of playing faceless void in bot matches, but I feel like if I don't buy a compendium I'll really regret it if I ever get into dota at some point down the line. Thoughts?

WE NEED MORE MONEY

seriously tho, its really for spectating ti games.

Aselith

So, most of my dota experience at this point consists of playing faceless void in bot matches, but I feel like if I don't buy a compendium I'll really regret it if I ever get into dota at some point down the line. Thoughts?

Don't buy it. Just buy the Immortal items for like a fraction of the cost.

Gav47

Dude if you don't buy it you'll forever have a greyed out image of the compendium on your profile page and the other kids will laugh at you.

BearPawB

Banned
WE NEED MORE MONEY

seriously tho, its really for spectating ti games.

you can watch ti games without the compendium.

I would buy it though. If you like the game at all at this point I think it is worth it.

So apparently:
Juggernaut wins the Arcana vote
Slardar wins the Voice vote
Viper wins the Remodel vote

That is a good outcome.
But I still don't think 95% of people understand that the voice vote isn't for a rework. Every thread on reddit is full of people excited for a voice redo. And that isn't what it is.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So apparently:
Juggernaut wins the Arcana vote
Slardar wins the Voice vote
Viper wins the Remodel vote

Slardar won new voice? Why?
huh.gif

Chris R

Yeah. Likely still picking up a Tiny and a Slark. Maybe a Doom too. The VS and CM are sort of ugly, and not kawaii enough.

I might just grab the Tony, was planning on grabbing the Doom too if the items were selling for ~25ish to get me most of the money back on it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You heard it here first, TI4 Rigged and Valve put in the brackets in the files:
"Winner's Bracket"
{
"match"
{
"team1" "c9"
"team2" "navius"
"subtitle" "1 - 0"
}

"match"
{
"team1" "alliance"
"team2" "mvpphoenix"
"subtitle" "best of 3"
}
}

Madouu

Completely ridiculous. There's no way Clown 9 would make the winners bracket

That's why it's rigged
wink.gif

Don't bother unless you're really into the pro stuff. Nearly all of the items can be acquired through the community market and the voting for hero reworks is over with. I think all that leaves you with is following The International by picking who's going to win or something. I'm not sure what else there is, since I have no interest in the pro scene and haven't purchased one myself. But I can tell you, the only thing I feel like I'm missing out on are the weather effects, which I assume will become available through other methods eventually.

The battle points booster is nice.

boosh5

Banned

Don't bother unless you're really into the pro stuff. Nearly all of the items can be acquired through the community market and the voting for hero reworks is over with. I think all that leaves you with is following The International by picking who's going to win or something. I'm not sure what else there is, since I have no interest in the pro scene and haven't purchased one myself. But I can tell you, the only thing I feel like I'm missing out on are the weather effects, which I assume will become available through other methods eventually.

Kreunt

Banned
only wanted the skywrath immortal, got it on my 5th carafe..
why you gotta take advantage of my gambling habits valve? :(

Tobe

ok so i already got my hotel reservations but is anybody interested in renting a house? 6 guest are allowed.
AIRBNB LINK

cost around 75 usd a night.

if somebody has other idead pm or whatever. just really trying to bring down my TI travel cost.

BHK3

Banned
The TI4 stuff is gonna be available online right? Isn't everything from TI3 online now as well?

I'm contemplating giving my friend some cash so he can get me some cards and a tiny statue or I can just wait until its all on the store, but I dont know if EVERYTHING will be on the store or if what I want is gonna be out of stock forever like some items are now.

Thanks for the input guys. I guess I'll hold off on it. I mean, enough people bought the thing that it seems like the items won't be of any real value like TF2 items turn out to be.

all the new immortals are already around 2.50

They've done an exceptional job of actually making immortal damn near worthless. But that's okay; I'm just a collector. The less expensive, the easier it is for me to get one of everything I like.

On the subject, do these new chests randomly drop an autographed version of an item? I see like 3 different kind of each immortal :-/

They've done an exceptional job of actually making immortal damn near worthless. But that's okay; I'm just a collector. The less expensive, the easier it is for me to get one of everything I like.

On the subject, do these new chests randomly drop an autographed version of an item? I see like 3 different kind of each immortal :-/

You can straight up buy the Autographed chests.

Over time as people quit playing and try and corner the market their price will rise. The items I got last year have doubled in value since TI3 ended.

Chris R

ok so i already got my hotel reservations but is anybody interested in renting a house? 6 guest are allowed.
AIRBNB LINK

cost around 75 usd a night.

if somebody has other idead pm or whatever. just really trying to bring down my TI travel cost.

Shiiiiiiit

I can cancel my hotel room up until the 15th. 7/17/14 to 7/23/14? I'd say I'm interested if it does end up being around $500 per person. I'd end up saving $250 and I wouldn't need to worry about not having any place to put my backpack on Friday!

Aselith

They've done an exceptional job of actually making immortal damn near worthlessattainable. But that's okay; I'm just a collector. The less expensive, the easier it is for me to get one of everything I like.

ftfy

Immortal just let's you know they won't be releasing anymore not necessarily a valuation of cost.

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/764444851

Shit looked really ugly early on. I kept farming though. Manged 7:30 minute bots with Soul Ring by 8. I was bullying PA all day long, despite our top and bot lanes losing and people were getting blown up by Skywrath left and right. It didn't matter. I had a 23 minute Sheepstick with a Blink Dagger. No one was safe.

Ketch

Woo! got my first win in 1v1 practice mode. Played invoker up against a skywrath mage (previous game was against a lion).... why pick these douchebag heroes in a practice mode? pick someone you need to practice on.

Where do you go to check you're "favorite hero" stats? I hope they keep the mode after TI

Things I've learned: invoker is really good at taking harass.... hitting sunstrikes is really important.

Ties

Banned
not inkls abandoning us after we were giving that lycan his lashings in the jungle

he was shook
lycan did not anticipate those smoke ganks

the fact he had to tell skywrath to leave mid and babysit him the entire time

his fear served atlantis when not playing against bots

Top Bottom