• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

manfestival

czaWjig.jpg

these kids are getting desperate..

Stop being so rude! He only wants to take your rares!

EVERY FREAKING TEAM I LOVE TO WATCH HAS LOST THEIR FIRST GAME! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

manfestival

Clown 9 are in top form for this event right now and my favorite teams are all dropping. Holy crap alliance. GET IT TOGETHER

Only team that I can cheer for at this stage is EG because it looks like they are gonna be the only ones to move to the next round.

shira

Clown 9 are in top form for this event right now and my favorite teams are all dropping. Holy crap alliance. GET IT TOGETHER

Only team that I can cheer for at this stage is EG because it looks like they are gonna be the only ones to move to the next round.
Alliance game will determine their fate

Zocano

Speaking of Alliance, I finally saw their game against Cloud 9 at ESL after hearing about it on DotA Today.

Hoolllyyyyy shit. What a game. Admiral Bulldog can pull some crazy shit.

Zocano

TobiWan is easily my favorite commentator, dunno what the general opinion is but I wish he could commentate every game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'd like Tobi a whole lot more if he didn't say "life points"

Anilusion

Congratulations, you've been selected to battle it out in the Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha!

Blizzard trying to snatch me in the middle of The International? Nice try.
I will still play it though

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/767690513

This was easily the most interesting match I had tonight.

Basically, you can tell by the Dire lineup a few things:

1. They are squishy
2. They have a crapload of magic damage
3. They have about 30 minutes to win this game or else.
4. BKBs will win this game.

Things started off really strangely when I was mid and noticed that Storm had a Null Talisman Start with a Ring of Regen. I tilted my head in confusion when I saw those items, wondering what the hell was going on. Then it came to light after a bit: He was going Veil and Force Staff. The Veil was obvious: They had a crapload of AoE Magic Damage, and with Decrepify blowing people up was easy. You'll notice there are two Aghanim's on that team, and I'm willing to bet Leshrac was going to get one next (or it's possible he bought the Ogre Club and Staff of Wizardry, went "Aw shit I need a BKB" and bought that).

I was doing okay myself most of the time, teamfights were rough early. I advised Weaver to get a BKB and he did that. Tide followed suit and got one too. I almost did, but then changed my mind and went for an Aghanims, as these guys were squishy and no popes were in sight.

Well, take a look at this graph:

9uHNGYs.png

You can see right around 30 minutes, they started losing their 10k lead. Weaver was online, I was online, but most importantly the BKBs and Pipe were online. Weaver was able to wreck people, I could perma sheep people, and their massive magic damage meant nothing now.

We actually talked to the other team about their strat at the end, and Weaver said they ran out of time like I was saying. Storm said "The Tinker wouldn't let us push, that pick singlehandedly fucked our strategy." and that they apparently just picked with those heroes, and formed the strategy around the picks. Yeah, my antipush did help, but I think the real reason they lost it was because they let it go on for too long. I wasn't the only antipush in the house though, Veno was there as well, with wards doing some work. The Pipe pickup was huge against these guys too.

Or you could blame Pugna for not picking a blue hero.

Fun fact: Raptor and I were partied, and we got matched with this same 3-stack on our team last game: http://dotabuff.com/matches/767666701

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Are those current standings right? It shows c9 top, dk and alliance out of the competition?

It's showing which spots on the ranking get eliminated and which advance to the next phase. Once all games are played (total of 15 games per team), that final ranking will determine who gets eliminated and who doesn't.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Keep in mind that while it may seem Alliance needs to go on a tear for the rest of their games, that assumes other teams keep up their win rate as well. It remains to be seen whether Choke9 and Liquid's success in Day 1 are genuine, and if they can keep it up going into Day 2 and Day 3, or if it was just a fluke. These are Bo1s, after all, and are fundamentally different from Bo3s.

dmshaposv

Alliance needs to comeback big today to make it thru phase 3.

They obviously seem like a one trick pony team, with everyone instabanning their split push heroes and them drafting weak anti push heroes against much greedier deathball push strats.

Go big or go home, s4.

Lotto

The pubstomp listings page is so messed up this year. There's a bunch of stuff listed under countries that don't exist or are just plain wrong. Russian listings under United States
Kappa
, a country called Austrilia, multiple Perus, etc. I went to one last year and it was pretty cool even though the actual setup they had kinda sucked (they streamed the game through a crappy laptop with the lowest graphic settings or something.) Anyways, I only see one place around my area... hope more pop up and they get this all sorted out. Seems like the pubstomp stuff was really late this year.

Top Bottom