• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceptor

Can you unlock Workshop stuff through the game or do you always have to pay for it?
Workshop stuff is user submitted content looking to make it into the game, so you almost always will have to pay for it to get it if the item(s) make it in.

You still get item drops! and level up rewards! And new players get a few items once they reach level 10 I think. Levels are not indicative of skill, just playtime

Aselith

Ok so I watched most of that camp session and that was some of the weirdest shit I've ever seen. The whole camp seems to stem from one of the opposing team calling a teammate "she" because you continually rage about it throughout them match and then you proceed to camp them for like 10 minutes even after they disconnect about 2 minutes in? What is wrong with you guys?

Skimming the first 10 minutes
- carry a smoke or tp
- you left a zero armor doom vs viper/lich to afk jungle
- suggest to doom to get armor

i was gonna gank but its hard to gank a fed lane ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

they were hittin level 6 at like min 6 but watch out here comes ursaaaaaaaa

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
BigDaddy and S4 just queued, got a Russian 3 stack MM'd with them. One of them abandoned then the other 2 left. They played 2v5 , S4 on Nyx and n0tail on Shaker, and they slayed so hard and WON. Score was something like 35 to 4 so the other team just got fed up and left. I'm sure this is going to end up on reddit in a few hours.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/872014299

shira

uOzHLhY.jpg
268x268.resizedimage

Anuxi up
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=309453782

Played Techies on the test client and can't really see what the fuss is about. I went mid but could barely last hit with their measly damage. 270 movement speed kinda hurts as well. Just why are Techies so popular?

Randdalf

Played Techies on the test client and can't really see what the fuss is about. I went mid but could barely last hit with their measly damage. 270 movement speed kinda hurts as well. Just why are Techies so popular?

Let's just say it's nothing to do with his last hitting ability or movement speed.

Let's just say it's nothing to do with his last hitting ability or movement speed.

How do you play a hero mid when you can't last hit? I'm genuinely asking. How doesn't he get outlaned by any hero? Also, his Q costs a lot of mana and is not spammable, not even with a bottle. I last hit with it occasionally but it's a fairly underwhelming wave clear.

Maybe I'm approaching things from a too competitive point of view, but I can't be bothered to play shit heroes unless I random them.

Hylian7

Look up any clip of Techies instantly blowing up a farmed carry. That is basically the whole reason.

But really you should be blowing up towers.

Hylian7

But how do you get past the laning stage? How do I lane them?
Basically use mines for CS/harass/pushing the lane for rune if you're mid.

Techies is generally the only hero it is acceptable to but a TP with starting gold, with clarities to mine stuff like rune spots.

Cheese lanes are an option too, like Techies + Pudge, just hope your opponent didn't bring sentries.

He just needs to get some level. He has a long range and 6 starting armor. I think that's enough for him to survive the laning stage.

I'm a bit more worried about the enemy mid having free farm. That's one of the reasons I loathe Pudges in my teams because our team is gonna have to deal with an overfarmed 60 lh/10 min enemy mid in 9 out of 10 games because that hero can't possibly win mid unless he lands a hook.

Not a huge fan of poor laners tbh. 30 base dmg and 270 movement speed are atrocious.

Randdalf

How do you play a hero mid when you can't last hit? I'm genuinely asking. How doesn't he get outlaned by any hero? Also, his Q costs a lot of mana and is not spammable, not even with a bottle. I last hit with it occasionally but it's a fairly underwhelming wave clear.

Maybe I'm approaching things from a too competitive point of view, but I can't be bothered to play shit heroes unless I random them.

I'm no expert but I don't think Techies is a hero that goes mid as he needs to be leaving quite frequently to place down mines and traps.

Mana is definitely Techies' major problem. From what I've read on Reddit etc and what I've played on the test client, the main solution is to buy at least 3 clarities at the start of the game and aim to get a Soul Ring as soon as possible. Arcane boots are not as good as you would think and it's probably more efficient to get Tranquils on him (to restore health lost from Soul Ring, and because it's cheaper). Then aim to get 1 or more Void Stones (I usually go for two - one for Eul's, one for Sheep), and then Agh's ASAP.

The aim in the early game is to place traps in common walking routes (such as the side shop or jungle entrances from lane), and this is usually accomplished at the start of the game by getting to a lane ASAP to place down as many mines as possible before the enemy team arrive, by using a TP and clarities. In the laning phase, I'm not really sure of his role, but I think you're basically meant to be in and out of lane, planting mines when the opportunity presents itself. Early on is basically when Suicide Squad is most powerful, allowing you to easily take down weak enemies, but it quickly falls off.

In the mid game, he should be looking to push down towers and to set up traps all over the map, whilst farming gold and experience as much as possible to obtain both more mana regeneration and an Agh's. Suicide Squad can be used to deny yourself if you get caught out, but I don't really think it's worth getting many levels in it - focus on maximising land mines, remote mines and statis traps.

Later on, Techies is an amazing pushing hero, because of his mines and remote mines. The former can damage towers quite significantly and the latter can basically one shot creep waves when you have an Agh's and level 16. He can also put out a lot of damage in team fights thanks to his ultimate, whilst providing some less reliable crowd control with statis traps (which have a ridiculously long stun).

Quesa

Play a jungling support like crystal maiden that hops in and out of lane when necessary but is mostly stacking camps to blow them up. The laning stage ends when you have an arcane or a soul ring. I personally am not a fan of playing him mid, but I think he could mess with melee mids pretty hard.

mfaex

Gotta bottle crow to mid.

I tried this and it works, but in pubs your team will not expect you to do this, so you may end up doing more harm than good. This is a max arrow build so that you can get a good nuke on the mid hero.

GcBrfs8.jpg

shira

Play a jungling support like crystal maiden that hops in and out of lane when necessary but is mostly stacking camps to blow them up. The laning stage ends when you have an arcane or a soul ring. I personally am not a fan of playing him mid, but I think he could mess with melee mids pretty hard.

Pooja mid needs a buff.

Hylian7

I'm a bit more worried about the enemy mid having free farm. That's one of the reasons I loathe Pudges in my teams because our team is gonna have to deal with an overfarmed 60 lh/10 min enemy mid in 9 out of 10 games because that hero can't possibly win mid unless he lands a hook.

Not a huge fan of poor laners tbh. 30 base dmg and 270 movement speed are atrocious.
Sounds like the Pudges you play with are crap then. Even if they can't pick up a solo kill mid, they should go hit other lanes around 6/7.

Pudge is a good hero and I will still stand by that. I hate how low level pubs have earned him a bad rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom