• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Just like techies is actually 3 characters in one... so now too Roshan, Bloodseeker, and PL will be a 3 in one hero.

Also I think a really cool way to nerf brewmaster would be to add a 30 second saturday morning anime cutscene with rocking 80's japanese hair metal soundtrack every time he casts his ulti. Like the reverse of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IvY_Mn_79c

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This is assuming its not like New Bloom, which was announced 5 weeks before launching.

I don't think so. This is clearly not a diretide theme, and is strictly focused on the balanced patch (based on the teaser and all the 6.82 hints). Guessing they'll save the Shadowfiend remake/arcana for the diretide event though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't think so. This is clearly not a diretide theme, and is strictly focused on the balanced patch (based on the teaser and all the 6.82 hints). Guessing they'll save the Shadowfiend remake/arcana for the diretide event though.

I don't know, the reference to souls, the blood red background, Roshan, I could see it being Halloween 2014 easily. Then again, the community would flip in like 3 days if nothing comes, so you'll likely right.

Ultimatum

Banned
dota server fucking crashed AGAIN while I was winning. everyone disconnects then the game says it will not be scored. valve are so fucking bad, they don't fix exploits unless they are on the front page of reddit.

Randdalf

Seems very little commotion about this on le reddits and twitch chat.

Valve
implicitly
communicated too much!

dota server fucking crashed AGAIN while I was winning. everyone disconnects then the game says it will not be scored. valve are so fucking bad, they don't fix exploits unless they are on the front page of reddit.

How are they meant to know about it unless somebody tells it to them or the method is blown out in public? It's like a mini-version of what happens in real life with regard to security exploits in stuff like Windows, where the exploit might be discovered by somebody of ill intent (or sold to somebody of ill intent) and then used for financial gain (in this case, MMR gain). So it is to their advantage not to tell anybody about it.

PL buff?
C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88
happytears.gif
highfive.gif

Ultimatum

Banned
How are they meant to know about it unless somebody tells it to them or the method is blown out in public? It's like a mini-version of what happens in real life with regard to security exploits in stuff like Windows, where the exploit might be discovered by somebody of ill intent (or sold to somebody of ill intent) and then used for financial gain (in this case, MMR gain). So it is to their advantage not to tell anybody about it.

do you even think about what you write

imagine what windows would be like if ms only patched windows exploits based on the front page of reddit

I first saw the exploit a week ago, and it has only been on eu w with russian players, so valve should just check the russian equivalent of reddit

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Second game as Lone Druid

Got my ass stomped in again. Fuck this shitty ass hero. I just can't get a handle on him. I'm so fucking fragile even with my ult

sixghost

Second game as Lone Druid

Got my ass stomped in again. Fuck this shitty ass hero. I just can't get a handle on him. I'm so fucking fragile even with my ult

You shouldn't be anywhere near enemies during fights. In lane, stand just inside of exp range and try to CS with the bear when you are scared. Maybe just post some match IDs, LD is one of the tankiest heroes in the game, you must be doing something wrong.

imagine what windows would be like if ms only patched windows exploits based on the front page of reddit

I first saw the exploit a week ago, and it has only been on eu w with russian players, so valve should just check the russian equivalent of reddit

you dont even know if its an exploit you just assume two different incidents of servers crashing with the only common threads being russians and eu w are of some new bug

Randdalf

Obviously Microsoft don't do that, security consultancies will attempt to find exploits too and treat them in a benevolent manner, but the concept is similar is all I'm saying. I imagine Valve patch exploits which are sent to them privately as well. If you're concerned about it then you should send them an email.

The Technomancer

You shouldn't be anywhere near enemies during fights. In lane, stand just inside of exp range and try to CS with the bear when you are scared. Maybe just post some match IDs, LD is one of the tankiest heroes in the game, you must be doing something wrong.

I have to be close to the fight, or the bear can't attack. 900 range isn't that much, fucking Shadow Fiends and Liches and Templar Assasins all jumping on me

I'll tell you what I'm doing wrong: I'm awful at micro, especially when I have to pay attention to one unit to attack with it but the other unit is the one I have to keep alive.

sixghost

I have to be close to the fight, or the bear can't attack. 900 range isn't that much, fucking Shadow Fiends and Liches and Templar Assasins all jumping on me

I'll tell you what I'm doing wrong: I'm awful at micro, especially when I have to pay attention to one unit to attack with it but the other unit is the one I have to keep alive.

The bear attack radius is 1100, that's basically blink dagger range. He's an AGI hero with good agi and str gain, his ult gives him a ton of extra armor and HP, and your extra ability gives you even more armor when active. Just right click the bear on someone, then run around like an idiot with the druid. If someone is really focusing you, run away while recalling the bear and hope for a root.

Post a replay, I'll watch it and see if you're doing anything wrong.

Ultimatum

Banned
you dont even know if its an exploit you just assume two different incidents of servers crashing with the only common threads being russians and eu w are of some new bug

yes, I'll connect the dots and make an assumption, just like you assumed it only happened twice. except you're wrong, so I guess making assumptions isn't really your thing...

Obviously Microsoft don't do that, security consultancies will attempt to find exploits too and treat them in a benevolent manner, but the concept is similar is all I'm saying. I imagine Valve patch exploits which are sent to them privately as well. If you're concerned about it then you should send them an email.

sorry I just wanted to vent

it's fucking annoying

I probably will send valve an email

The Technomancer

The bear attack radius is 1100, that's basically blink dagger range. He's an AGI hero with good agi and str gain, his ult gives him a ton of extra armor and HP, and your extra ability gives you even more armor when active. Just right click the bear on someone, then run around like an idiot with the druid. If someone is really focusing you, run away while recalling the bear and hope for a root.

Post a replay, I'll watch it and see if you're doing anything wrong.

Next time it happens I will. This time I guarantee there were additional, dumb as hell factors that contributed, like our Meepo player, who's a pretty good mid, getting bullied out by an Invoker leading to a dual lane mid and me uncomfortably laning top when I wanted to jungle

Probably not the best advice, but try using tye CTRL key option to issue commands to both units. I find it works pretty decent for lone druid, just issue the command for both units and then move the druid as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom