• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentenza

h27DB00E3

Randdalf

Unless he gets nerfed. Kappa

sad.gif

Assuming he hasn't changed since, this is what I wrote about him:

So Oracle's combo at level 10 is:
- False Promise on himself, get in position.
- Start chanelling Fortune's End and deal 300 magic damage.
(?) Cast Fate's Edict on yourself so you can't be magic damaged.
- Cast Purifying Flames for 360 magic damage, and the healing effect is purged.
- [Optionally] Dagon 1 the target for 400 magic damage.
- Wait 3 seconds and cast Purifying Flames for 360 magic damage, however the healing effect kicks in.

So in 3 seconds you can surprise a hero from invis with 1420 magic damage unmitigated, which is 1065 when taking into account magic resistance.

Icefrog pls.

Although this is a nuking build and he's apparently better as a support in teamfights, just making the carry pretty much invincible.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like the Oracle, its sadistic to have that hero in the game (either in your team or in the opponents). Its like the second coming of hybrido Skytechrist v2.0!

That False Promise spell icon itself should give a hint, its got that uber creepiness. Also that name Nerif 'the Oracle', I think its a placeholder for NERF that Oracle.

I don't like the Oracle, its sadistic to have that hero in the game (either in your team or in the opponents). Its like the second coming of hybrido Skytechrist v2.0!

That False Promise spell icon itself should give a hint, its got that uber creepiness. Also that name Nerif 'the Oracle', I think its a placeholder for NERF that Oracle.
There will be no reference to Nerif with the Dota 2 version of Oracle.

Jex

With no date on that pacth teaser I can only assume it's going to be two to three weeks before it releases. Unless people are going nuts for it there's no point in releasing it!

Skab

Hm. PL's face/head looks way different on in the teaser art. What if it isn't PL?

Omg it's Sun Wukong.

Not really.

Quesa

I just saw someone on reddit begging for at least one of the patch notes and imagined what it would be like if Valve revealed the patch notes one line per timed interval from now until the patch. They'd be crashed for that whole time

I just saw someone on reddit begging for at least one of the patch notes and imagined what it would be like if Valve revealed the patch notes one line per timed interval from now until the patch. They'd be crashed for that whole time

Do that and release the patch notes in Spanish/Portuguese/Russian and scramble the words.

Been looking for some good youtube first person VOD's lately, and I'm finding slahser to be pretty educational (at least his coaching vids). His "how I play X hero" series is pretty interesting and I kinda want to try out offlane pudge (boots+branch+gg branch-> tranqs+soulring+blademail).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
With no date on that pacth teaser I can only assume it's going to be two to three weeks before it releases. Unless people are going nuts for it there's no point in releasing it!

I dunno, with two major tournaments coming up in 1-2 weeks it would be pretty sadistic to leave a 6.82 teaser up for 3 weeks without any new info or anything. Guessing we get notes this week, maybe test client, and then release by next week (hopefully). All these awesome tournaments are going to waste with the same shitty 6.81 picks of DP/razor/viper/brew/void/furion every fucking game. Give us an exciting ESL with new picks.

Haunted

They should release the patch notes but leave out the numbers.

"Chronosphere duration changed from 4.5/5.5. to __/__."

Bit surprised that the player base actually dropped this month :(

I didn't really like 6.80 patch from the outset, felt really deathball-y and restricted in terms of hero picks. I'm pretty excited for 6.82 because it will probably get me back into the game besides the occasional ARDM games.

mostly butthurt about LD not being a popular pick anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom