• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

my roaming pl will be reborn with 6.82

eul b 2 bzz wit IHL2
F164F2FCC759D460A67636CC4DD6A4B5B0F1527E

sixghost

Next time it happens I will. This time I guarantee there were additional, dumb as hell factors that contributed, like our Meepo player, who's a pretty good mid, getting bullied out by an Invoker leading to a dual lane mid and me uncomfortably laning top when I wanted to jungle

I think druid is much better in lane, in my experience. He's actually awesome in the offlane against anything other than strong killing trilanes. You can pull the wave whenever you need to get the creep equilibrium closer to the tower, and the bear is good for spotting the support movements if you don't have a ward. Jungle takes way too long and you can't offer anything for like 25 minutes.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think druid is much better in lane, in my experience. He's actually awesome in the offlane against anything other than strong killing trilanes. You can pull the wave whenever you need to get the creep equilibrium closer to the tower, and the bear is good for spotting the support movements if you don't have a ward. Jungle takes way too long and you can't offer anything for like 25 minutes.

Yeah but all of that requires a level of coordination I just don't have, and the current "trial by fire" way I'm being forced to learn is trustrating as fuck

I don't actually get how multi unit control works in this game. I thought I tabbed to switch between controlling different units, but then one fight I hit tab to send the bear in and Druid followed and got himself killed

sixghost

Yeah but all of that requires a level of coordination I just don't have, and the current "trial by fire" way I'm being forced to learn is trustrating as fuck

I don't actually get how multi unit control works in this game. I thought I tabbed to switch between controlling different units, but then one fight I hit tab to send the bear in and Druid followed and got himself killed

Tab switches between units that you have selected. When I say switches between them, I mean it changes which unit's abilities you can use. Say you're playing chen with the hero+3 creeps selected. Tabbing would allow you to switch between the units for ability use purposes, i.e tab, press Q to centaur stomp, tab Q to net with troll, etc. Right clicking while you have multiple units selected issues the move command to all those units, no matter which one is selected. For Lone Druid you need unit hotkeys, in my opinion. I like having druid and bear each on a separate hotkey, then both on a third hotkey. It makes moving them individually in fights much easier.

Lotto

'Rekindling soul'

Hmmm... Were these baby roshans even used yet?

They were in the files back in March/April, maybe it has to do with them. Probably a SF remake and 6.82 for sure.

Edit: nvm they were part of a Perfect World thing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
'Rekindling soul'

Hmmm... Were these baby roshans even used yet?

They were in the files back in March/April, maybe it has to do with them. Probably a SF remake and 6.82 for sure.

Edit: nvm they were part of a Perfect World thing.

Yeah, the perfect world thing hasn't even been fully released. They are going to be part of a large Roshan Figure you can order in China. A few were given out early to Chinese teams for promotion.

manfestival

played against my first techies so far since the update earlier today and the game was like 1 hour and 19 minutes long cause of all of that turtling stalemating. We eventually won but man it was a tough game

Hylian7

Great. I want to punch something. I just made a dumb mistake that cost us a 40 minute game. Fuck me.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/914528578

I have no idea how to fucking get over a loss like that. The worst part is I know it was that one mistake that cost us the entire game.

I accidentally Dagoned a Blademail Clockwerk while trying to defend base.

Chris R

played against my first techies so far since the update earlier today and the game was like 1 hour and 19 minutes long cause of all of that turtling stalemating. We eventually won but man it was a tough game

I just had a turtle game too. Shouldn't have been, but when you play RD and get a player who is AFK drafting Invoker, they crying they can't play invoker so they swap PA, but then never dives against a Lesh/Shadow Shaman lane... Yeah. Also had a sniper go Crysalis Maelstorm then 29 min tranquils. Seriously would have won the game in 30 mins top if the PA just knew how to dive the squishy supports after I set them up with veno's Q.

We won somehow.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
i will go on a limb here and say Oracle is a girl now :3

I don't think so, but we will see. I actually feel its playing into stereotypes to make Oracle a female, every fictional Oracle I can think of is female. I think the idea of a old dark clocked guy to be an Oracle to actually be a bit original.

Also, for an assignment I am doing, I put in multiple piece of error handling in the event over 100k records are added, despite the fact the format only has an ID space for 1000
facepalm.gif

I don't think so, but we will see. I actually feel its playing into stereotypes to make Oracle a female, every fictional Oracle I can think of is female. I think the idea of a old dark clocked guy to be an Oracle to actually be a bit original.

Also, for an assignment I am doing, I put in multiple piece of error handling in the event over 100k records are added, despite the fact the format only has an ID space for 1000
facepalm.gif

hmm yeah...he will probably turn out like that..but it's just probably me wanting more female heroes

probably just me mistaking oracle for barbara(oracle) in batman :p

Didn't matter, still could have won I think even though it wasn't super great. AM was hard to deal with, but when he had an Aegis we took both his lives like it was nothing (instant sheep as soon as he revived)
I hear you, but.

I look at AM's farm vs PA's farm. She has 25-minute items in a 40-minute game and no BKB. Then i look at NP's pub-ass item build.

Your team was being kept afloat by you. If you don't ball out, the team loses by 25 minutes anyway. You served as a respirator to a braindead patient.

Hylian7

I think Oracle is still male. However I think they will pull a Rubick with him and do something completely different.

Rubick is still easily the most creative transition of a hero from Dota 1 to 2. They took a guy in a beard with a cloak:

character.gif

And made something completely original and creative:

Dota2_RB-Roar.gif

I remember back before Rubick came out, a bunch of concept art was leaked, and Rubick was there, pretty much as he is today, and people weren't sure who he was, then loved that it was Rubick.

Everything about him, from the twitching, voice, and spell animations (which they need more of for newer heroes) is amazing. I honestly expect something like that for Oracle.

Hylian7

I hear you, but.

I look at AM's farm vs PA's farm. She has 25-minute items in a 40-minute game and no BKB. Then i look at NP's pub-ass item build.

Your team was being kept afloat by you. If you don't ball out, the team loses by 25 minutes anyway. You served as a respirator to a braindead patient.
Yeah, that does make sense. I mentally questioned the Battle Fury purchase when it popped up. I think NP was riding on the high he had from the early game.

To NP's credit though, he was on top of his TPs early game, I got Pudge pretty low, and he TP'd for it, but he was only 2. Not 20 seconds later though, Pudge tried to rush me under a March, giving me the FB.

My GTX 980 arrived today. DSR works fine with Dota2, I could down sample from 3840x2160 to my native 1920x1080. 2 really annoying problems though:

1. Some text here and there is shrunk, making it hard to read. Especially frustrating is when you try to use the Steam overlay to chat with friends while in game. The chat windows become really small and text is extremely hard to read.

2. Mouse sensitivity is reduced. Have to move my mouse a lot more to get it to move the same amount.

Graphics-wise I have to say I can't really tell the difference. :/

Oh well.

Mohasus

My GTX 980 arrived today. DSR works fine with Dota2, I could down sample from 3840x2160 to my native 1920x1080. 2 really annoying problems though:

1. Some text here and there is shrunk, making it hard to read. Especially frustrating is when you try to use the Steam overlay to chat with friends while in game. The chat windows become really small and text is extremely hard to read.

2. Mouse sensitivity is reduced. Have to move my mouse a lot more to get it to move the same amount.

Graphics-wise I have to say I can't really tell the difference. :/

Oh well.

Mouse sensitivity isn't reduced, but there are more pixels now. So you'll need a higher DPI to counter that.

Graphics-wise, the easier improvement to notice is the reduced aliasing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Passive chance to dodge on Juxtapose.

Each time he dodges, he spawns an illusion.

Illusions also get this.

HUEHUEHUEHEUHEUHEUEHUEHEU

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
'why would i waste 4000 gold on an item for one hero' - Ursa commenting on his item choice of not building an MKB against a PA with Butterfly

How deep is the trench again

I feel like I'm doing pretty good in the level I'm being put in when playing solo, but whenever I play at a higher level, I get absolutely battered :(

Wraith King destroys this level, fuck knows how I'd be doing if I knew how to play him properly :p

mMBEcY1.png

snack

I feel like I'm doing pretty good in the level I'm being put in when playing solo, but whenever I play at a higher level, I get absolutely battered :(

Wraith King destroys this level, fuck knows how I'd be doing if I knew how to play him properly :p

mMBEcY1.png
Wraith King is my current fav hero too. So fun.

Demoli

I have to be close to the fight, or the bear can't attack. 900 range isn't that much, fucking Shadow Fiends and Liches and Templar Assasins all jumping on me

I'll tell you what I'm doing wrong: I'm awful at micro, especially when I have to pay attention to one unit to attack with it but the other unit is the one I have to keep alive.

Syllabear is increadibly susceptible to -armour and bouncing spells. Hero is also dependant ona couple of items, and if you don't get those at a reasonable time you just will be one of the most innefective carries out there.

Love the hero, but he's kinda trash atm.

Ketch

'why would i waste 4000 gold on an item for one hero' - Ursa commenting on his item choice of not building an MKB against a PA with Butterfly

How deep is the trench again

this literally made me laugh out loud.

Why would I buy an item that counters the enemy hero?

On a side note, I played my first brew master game. He's a pretty fun hero, and his ulti micro is not as hard as it looks. I didn't get aghs in that match though, but I'm trying it in bot games and even that is not too bad. Blink, clap, ulti, clap #2 does a lot of damage... maybe it's just me, it feels like it doesn't always start on the earth panda... maybe I'm just panic tabbing without noticing.

G.ZZZ

PL and BS are two boring-ass concept anyway, i don't mind them being heavily reworked alongside roshan.

Ezitogaming

Wraith King is my current fav hero too. So fun.

Last game was pretty funny, Drow was handing my arse to me (without killing me) with the slowing arrows, but there came a distinct point where I had the strength to just turn the tables, so she had to find someone else to harass. Once you get on top of a low-HP ranged hero with him, it's game over unless they have an instant escape ability :p

Acinixys

Last game was pretty funny, Drow was handing my arse to me (without killing me) with the slowing arrows, but there came a distinct point where I had the strength to just turn the tables, so she had to find someone else to harass. Once you get on top of a low-HP ranged hero with him, it's game over unless they have an instant escape ability :p

Blade Mail Skeleton is hilarious

Pop it so the enemy heroes take massive self inflicted damage

Revive

Kill them all

@Hylian

>What do acolytes believe about MMR grinding?

Such behavior is a trap of wordly desires. It is nothing more than empty hedonism and subservience to the rigid shackles of the meta. MMR Addicts get a cheap high the first few times, but quickly develop a tolerance to it, and require higher and higher doses of MMR and MMR Shitposting to get the same "high"

Randdalf

Blink Dagger is really good on Wraith King for that reason.

this literally made me laugh out loud.

Why would I buy an item that counters the enemy hero?

On a side note, I played my first brew master game. He's a pretty fun hero, and his ulti micro is not as hard as it looks. I didn't get aghs in that match though, but I'm trying it in bot games and even that is not too bad. Blink, clap, ulti, clap #2 does a lot of damage... maybe it's just me, it feels like it doesn't always start on the earth panda... maybe I'm just panic tabbing without noticing.

Honestly Brew's good at lower levels even if you can't micro worth shit. Just walking up and clapping people works like a charm, and just ulti when you need to bail or chase. He's pretty tanky and his passive is good, so besides mana problems he's solid.

Also, aghs should make all his spirits move at the same speed because it's annoying that I can't just attack-move and wreck face like I'm playing protoss because one spirit takes off like Usain Bolt. I'm sure that's super abusable in competitive play but who cares.

I want legion waifu, tb and erf spirit on cm!

LC will get nerfed immediately with the next patch to come if she ever gets into CM in her current state. I hope she remains under the radar for a while and stays out of CM. Too much fun stomping pubs with mid LC.

Haunted

And people didn't believe me when I told them Oracle showed up in my hero list in the slide view in All Pick. No model/background, shown as an int hero, but with skills and skill icons and everything. I see that the wiki has the skill descriptions and the same skill icons, so I assumed this was old news (but I was surprised to see the name suddenly pop up when browsing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom