• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

I think Crimson Guard is interesting because it's a physical equivalent to pipe. So whereas Vanguard just fell off completely and offered nothing beyond tower dives early game, now you can get some good team utility. It will still be a niche item for now probably, but mid game fighting lineups could make it a priority on 1 core.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The problem I see with Crimson Guard (really, the real issue is Vanguard) is that it shares the same cost-space as Blink Dagger and Mek.

The ideal Crimson Guard user is someone who:
1) Wants more HP
2) Doesn't really want Blink
3) Doesn't need to build a Mek because someone else is doing it
4) Doesn't really need stats/damage
5) Doesn't have a bigger and better item to build to

And the intersection of those desires is really really small.

Clock, Bristle, Timber, Phoenix, Viper (?), Weaver

That's about it. I would almost consider it on Pugna after Aghs but I'd just rather work towards Sheepstick.

I think Crimson Guard is interesting because it's a physical equivalent to pipe. So whereas Vanguard just fell off completely and offered nothing beyond tower dives early game, now you can get some good team utility. It will still be a niche item for now probably, but mid game fighting lineups could make it a priority on 1 core.

If the void changes didn't hurt him enough, this new item definitely did. Also excellent against illusion heroes and for tower diving. I feel as if people are looking too much at the value of it for the hero carrying it rather than the team.

Wonder how it interacts against DP's ult, this could actually be a really really good item depending on if it functions like Living Armor.

KingKong

The problem I see with Crimson Guard (really, the real issue is Vanguard) is that it shares the same cost-space as Blink Dagger and Mek.

The ideal Crimson Guard user is someone who:
1) Wants more HP
2) Doesn't really want Blink
3) Doesn't need to build a Mek because someone else is doing it
4) Doesn't really need stats/damage
5) Doesn't have a bigger and better item to build to

That's about it. I would almost consider it on Pugna after Aghs but I'd just rather work towards Sheepstick.

Timber wants a blink, maybe Phoenix too

Acinixys

Also Slardar

BeesEight

I think Undying might like picking the Guard up as well. There could be a few more who could squeeze it in but I'm not really drawing any off the top of my head.

Zephyx

It has a much better build up though compared to blink, and 225 mana cost on mek is nothing to laugh at on a lot of strength heroes.

The mek nerf sucks but I don't see how it would shift away the focus on building it over this. The item is really good against physical teams but I just can't imagine people building it as a core item like Mek. The big benefit is that it makes the early Vitality booster for supports viable as they can transition to this item.

Razzer

Could someone work out the ehp added by Crimson Guard compared to mek depending on the amount of attacks in a fight when the active is used. So like when you get attacked 3 times in the 9 secs how does it compare, and if 6 times, if 9 times etc.

Haly

Also Slardar
Blink on Slardar is many times stronger than just about any other early build path you could cook up for him.
Timber wants a blink, maybe Phoenix too

Timber can get away with not building Blink, it's a matter of preference/situation for him. Don't really see any need for Blink on Phoenix.

Quesa

Wonder if building scepter first on timber would be better than BS now. Seems like scepter would make him even more mana dependent.

kasane

not sure if we're gonna get the most batshit insane dota in the lans or we're gonna get the most boring dota in the lans

Blink on Slardar is many times stronger than just about any other early build path you could cook up for him.

Timber can get away with not building Blink, it's a matter of preference/situation for him. Don't really see any need for Blink on Phoenix.

id rather have a heart than this crimson gaurd on phoenix if we're going that expensive

not like you build vangaurd on him normally anyhow for transition

Ketch

IF you end up in a situation where rushing vanguard is a good idea (snowballing axe for example) is it never not worth it to upgrade to crimson guard then?

Also, how does it interact with the new physical damage acid spray from alchemist?

What if you had mek, pipe, and crimson guard all on different heroes?

KingKong

Icefrog should make it like Divinity: Original Sin where having over some % resistance heals you instead of doing damage ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Razzer

Ethereal Blade is also pretty good now on right clickers. If anyone goes on you you just eth one and kill the other. Well maybe.

Haly

1) Phantom Lancer is going to be a lot less cancerous. In fact, he's not going to be cancerous at all. RIP Cancer Lancer.

2) Phantom Lancer is going to be 500% more annoying to fight against.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played dota 2 in like a month or more but this new update makes me excited all over again, too bad my internet is shit right now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom