• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volodja

The changes to damage types altered some of the interactions.
Composite damage becoming physical and being rebalanced as such to do the same damage to heroes ends up making the same spells less effective against creeps.
The HP removal damages becoming pure means that they now put blink on cd and interrupt salves and clarities.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Does passives working under dual count for item passives as well? Crit basher lifesteal LC?

I believe so

It's not that big of a nerf since you can get basher now

The changes to damage types altered some of the interactions.
Composite damage becoming physical and being rebalanced as such to do the same damage to heroes ends up making the same spells less effective against creeps.
The HP removal damages becoming pure means that they now put blink on cd and interrupt salves and clarities.

Yeah, Venge Wave is even more OP now.

bbd23

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give pics ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

rZyAr64.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Alright, here's how you play the new Blyatcyka.

Max Q
Q yourself
Chill for a bit until Q is back up
Q your target
Dagon

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Alright, here's how you play the new Blyatcyka.

Max Q
Q yourself
Chill for a bit until Q is back up
Q your target
Dagon

Fuck that.
Pick Cyka Zeus and Furion.
Bloodrage both
Zeus Ult
Furion Ult

Walk down mid

Ketch

I was really hoping for Zai to pause when visage was just up in the cyclone.

edit: why tranquils on brew? does the regen kick in during split? poor man's heart?

MikeDown

Banned
i don't get it, over the past few weeks i have lost 27ish games in a row, this is getting depressing, used to have a decent w/l ratio too

Looking forward to all these changes coming.
Anyone had a poke around in the files and see any changes/progress made on the unreleased heroes yet?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think the big benefit of having Permainvis at level 1/2 is that you can roam really well in the early game.

Think about it.

Invoker vs Razor mid, both are level 3. SA hits level 2 from the offlane (maybe suicide?) and rotates to mid. Sets him up with Smoke and then Coldsnap + Sunstrike + Autoattack = RIP Razor.

Whether this is more viable than having a real offlaner is anyone's guess, but it's a strat only possible with level 1 Permainvis. It would turn him into a kind of roaming/ganking AGI support like VS or Mirana. I think he needs a source of non-autoattack based damage. Icefraud should turn Blink Strike into a normal ability again, and then roll Permainvis into something else, like Backstab, then give him a new Ultimate.

Sentenza

Na'Vi US throwing it spectacularly. A game they were more or less dominating lost being caught with their pants down in a Roshan pit.

I swear I can't trust anyone at this game. What a disappointment.
Goodbye rare items. You were ugly as fuck but you served me well on D2 Lounge.

Sentenza

You bet on a team with 2 standins vs the #1 team in the world
sleeping.gif
Eh, it was close too.
They barely lost the first game after a comeback that almost put them ahead, they dominated the second one and they were doing quite fine in the third until they thrown it.
Not sure what's your point.

Qvoth

no diretide this year, but a huge update early next year http://blog.dota2.com/2014/09/the-rekindling-soul-update/

i bet they'll release sun wukong for chinese new year, together with at least 2 other heroes

i'm not sure what the point is of bane's aghs upgrade, you can still cast your spells and shit when he ultis
lol @ dark seer's change list vacuum animation
it seems like BS rework is somewhat of a nerf? he can't solo kill supports and shit as easily as it is now i feel
PL change sounds fucking awesome, i've always liked him and CK the most out of the illusion heroes, but it seems like his blink is also puck's phase shift? if so then that skill is super OP
don't know how good that crimson guard will be but it sounds kinda lame
rune changes are fucking nuts i love it
i'm glad treant got his ward back, but an aghs? i don't think pros will take this over refresher, IF they can get even that
earth spirit aghs upgrade seems fucking OP
i'm liking PA's new minimap change, so for 6.82 PA is never seen by the enemy on minimap unless she's nearby? is that it?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at the text files, Blood Rage was planned to work off a charge based system, which likely got scrapped pretty recently since there is still a "No Bloodrage Charges" string.

Some of you may of missed this but I'm looking forward to Fantasy League season two just as much as 6.82:

http://www.dota2.com/fantasy/seasontwo

More Rewards
This season, those eligible for rewards (see below) will receive an exclusive teleport effect item (usable on all heroes) so you can show off how well you've done during the previous Fantasy Season. And like Season One, there will be Fantasy Season Two trophies to win.

Web Interface
There is now a web interface so you can access your Fantasy Team and scores whenever you want. It allows you to see Fantasy League standings, matchups, and scores, as well as allowing you to swap players among roster slots and add free agents to your team.

Last-Minute Roster Swapping
This season, players are no longer locked into their slots at the start of the current day. Now, players are individually locked each day the moment they start earning points, so you can shuffle players around right up to the last minute.

Live Score Updating
As soon as matches start, you'll be able to see the live-updated points that players are earning whether you're watching in DotaTV, checking the in-game Fantasy UI, or using the web.

Premium and Professional Scoring
You can now set individual scoring factors for Premium and Professional tournaments, allowing the biggest tournaments to count for more points than smaller tournaments.

Quesa

Hope they fix SF's oversized hero icon in the hero select and in game by the time this hits tomorrow. Not awful but annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom