• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pratfall

fuck arcana, that new omni set is boss, also promised i would buy lina arcana if was buffed, guess I will put that money from selling my rainmaker to good use.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
im salty about lycan losing his better BAT (that's been a part of the hero for fucking ever and the faster attacks was just satisfying for a wolf hero with a shit animation in ulti form) but the 650 MS wolves/necro-units almost makes up for it

regardless i think offlane/mid lycan is still pretty good, probably want a greedier carry in the safe lane though (and it's also a waste to put him in a tri anyway imo, you can put a better hero there that can get kills and still abuse howl from across the map)

mid lycan can also still deny one or both runes with the wolves which is huge with this new bounty rune and supports putting more emphasis on runes

NPEYIlh.jpg

anbokr fapping in his room right now

Gav47

Vengeful Spirit
Wave of Terror damage type from HP Removal to Pure that Pierces Spell Immunity

That's a nice slave/clarity/urn charge you got there, shame if someone were to use their 1400 range, 40 mana cost spell on it
wink.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Desolate now has a sound effect. Also Oracle is decked out with place holder sounds, all his spells have other heroes sound effects now that are well fitting.

Looks like Icefrog may have experimented with Ring of Protection, Clarity, and Tangos at the sideshop, as they now have a field pertaining to them, but set to false.

Battlefury has stuff about Bonus Health and Damage Block, maybe it was tested as being built with a Vanguard for a bit?

Oracles lines have been recorded it looks like, he has specific lines marked as his pick and ban sound.

Phoenix is planned to have 5 item slots and likely will have workshop support soon, since his particle effects are labeled as his 6th item (Most heroes without items had their particle effects put into the first item slot)

New Mega Creeps will likely hit next patch, they have portrait information. Oracle also has updated Portrait info.

As a surprise to no one, The Arctic Watch Tower and Hustky Courier have portrait info so they are likely getting in for the Summit 2 bundle.

I actually like the old SF straitjacket requiem animation more than the kpop dance he does in 6.82, but I guess I gotta see it in action before I make a final verdict.

kasane

Lol, you guys seriously overestimate these things.

The sheep first build will come back, and those that played Tinker before he was cool will continue to do well with the hero.

i dont think hes gonna get picked in competetive

ancient change is huge

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I really don't know what "monumental changes" they could be working on for early next year. I can't think of anything that would actually look monumental compared to this patch.

I am also guessing that some of the bottle mids might make a bit of a comeback such as Magnus now, that they are pretty much guaranteed at least one rune to refill bottle these days.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I really don't know what "monumental changes" they could be working on for early next year. I can't think of anything that would actually look monumental compared to this patch.

Multiple heroes, Source 2, custom game integration.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Did they actually say when it was shipping?

No but if you're expecting tomorrow you're gonna be super disappointed.

Multiple heroes, Source 2, custom game integration.

None of those would really qualify IMO. We've had plenty of multi-hero updates in Dota 2 history, Source 2 is something that only 1% of the people who play the game would even appreciate, and custom games are already implemented.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What benefit will Source 2 bring to the average player of this game? I've never really understood why people are so excited.

Sibylus

Banned
What benefit will Source 2 bring to the average player of this game? I've never really understood why people are so excited.
Better load times, better perf, better content pipeline for the cosmetics they'll wear.

e: Better high-end graphical effects possible too, forgot about that.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
After mucking in the test client for all the new heroes with big changes:

BloodSeeker:
Feels weird and the vision nerf is extremely noticeable. The weird semi hurt thirst is interesting but with 25% heal on Q I kinda felt like leaving it at 1 or 2 until teamfights start happening more as your Q also buffs your silence/nuke which also gives vision and deals 335 pure maxed out with buff which is enough to oneshot ranged creeps until 30 minutes.

Hitting waves from like 1700 range away on a 20s CD with Soul Ring and healing up and taking down stacks even faster seems pretty good. Applying the 25% heal on kill to others is fantastic as well or throwing it on someone about to die that's an enemy.

The silence was probably a bit too strong and this allows more counterplay and bigger teamfight presence with the silence.
I like it.

Bonus: When your damage bonus is going up slightly and no one is on the map someone is jungling or they are doing Rosh which is kinda gigantic if you read that stuff.

Lycan:
You go so fast holy shit and Howl melts down towers. Just gotta pick when your ult matters. It's k.

Phantom Lancer:
Less split push towers for free and more hard carry in your face / gank / chase kills. Feels much more aggressive with his current kit. Maybe go something like OOV -> Treads -> Drums -> Skadi or just stick with Diff build? Diff 1 and 2 are both only 25 purge so... IDK man.

Riki:
You get an insane power spike at 6 and kinda feel that you should just leave invis at 1 and go 1-1-3-1. Depending on fighting or ganking level up Q or W as see fit.
Instead of getting a ton of resets on a team you basically can take out 1 person instantly at most points in time.

Reels in the pub kill whole team factor and I kinda miss it.

Other nerf hurt so bad
Base movement speed reduced from 300 to 290
Base damage reduced by 10
Base HP regeneration reduced from 1.5 to the default 0.25

Sniper:
Sniper
Headshot now causes a 0.5 second 100% MS and AS slow instead of a 0.25 second stun
100% AS slow apparently is the same as -100IAS so this wasn't what I thought it was. Pretty happy about this.

Spirit Breaker:
Charge of Darkness cooldown reduced from 35 to 12
Greater Bash damage from 10/20/30/40% to 22/28/34/40% of movement speed

He is a fucking ganking machine jesus christ. It feels like everything is up all the time forever. I think the Charge CD and Speed buff are kinda bugged atm or something though.

Timbersaw:

Added Aghanim's Scepter: Grants Timbersaw a second Chakram.
When I was level 12 it gave me level 3 chakram, dunno if intended or a bug. Hilariously fun to play around with.

Treant Protector:
I messed up my screenshot but holy shit the Aghs upgrade is so fucking legit it is insane. Shit never goes away and you can just kill and push waves / jungle creeps with it and pretend you are NP $$$$ and also have semi global presence.
Granted they should remove the trees but it's another 1-2 items slots forced to be taken by the enemy team which is great.

I thought it would be good but it seems insanely good.

Tusk:
Ice Shards no longer stops when it hits a hero
Ice Shards now travels until the cast location and creates its blockade there
Ice Shards cast range increased from 1500 to 1800
Ice Shards no longer destroys trees
Snowball bonus speed per hero increased from 75 to 100
Allies can now click in the snowball to jump into it
Tusk gets insane, range is insane, blocking retreats is insane (You can block ramps, one side completely of towers, chokes, all the new ares, and it doesn't destroy trees so they are 100% trapped.

Every hero near you gets a free disjoint whenever they want to dodge nukes and stuns + Sigil being super strong.

Insanely good fucking hero. Gonna see at least DK pick this shit I hope.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Something minor that will likely trip people up, the spots in the side shop for Stout Shield and Talisman of Evasion have swapped, stout is now on the second page.

sixghost

Lol, you guys seriously overestimate these things.

The sheep first build will come back, and those that played Tinker before he was cool will continue to do well with the hero.

So they'll use the build that was most popular when the hero was never picked in competitive and wasn't that great in pubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom