• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Some of you may of missed this but I'm looking forward to Fantasy League season two just as much as 6.82:

http://www.dota2.com/fantasy/seasontwo

Why isn't it just KDA? Nobody really cares about these other stats. I think you guys are making this way too overcomplicated again.

Q. How are players scored?
0.3 points per kill
-0.3 points per death
0.15 points per assist
0.003 points per last hit
0.002 points per gold per minute
0.002 points per XP per minute
0.07 points per seconds of enemy stuns
0.4 points per thousand allied healing done
1 point per tower kill
1 point per Roshan kill

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
6.81 Tinker is a public game terror. Tinker in previous patches was an annoyance that made it difficult to push, not an invincible god that instagibbed everyone after 35 minutes.

Personally, I felt the "Maxed Missle + Laser by 9" build was really strong in pubs, and it fell off for this farm heavy build that was more annoying then good in most pub games.

Also, there is a second icon for Eul's, I'm going to assume a Eul's Scepter upgrade was considered at one point.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I know Tinker was a menace, but this nerf was just overkill. I can get nerfing one or two aspects, but every damn thing about him is just going too far.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Chen's aghs ult can fully heal three 2300 hp ancient creeps every 30 seconds. Holy shit.
THINK BIGGER

WALK TWO 2300HP DRAGONS WITH THREE+ LICH ULTS ON THEM INTO LANE / BASE / FACE

PUSH META ALIVE

CLEAR ALL WAVES

CLEAR ALL CAMPS

NOTHING STOPS THE TRAIN

YOU EVEN GET TO KEEP THE ULTS AFTER EVERYTHING DIES

bbd23

I love playing Magnus.
happytears.gif

Divvy

THINK BIGGER

WALK TWO 2300HP DRAGONS WITH THREE LICH ULTS ON THEM INTO LANE / BASE / FACE

PUSH META ALIVE

CLEAR ALL WAVES

CLEAR ALL CAMPS

NOTHING STOPS THE TRAIN

I don't think it bounces on friendly creeps lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I know Tinker was a menace, but this nerf was just overkill. I can get nerfing one or two aspects, but every damn thing about him is just going too far.

They nerfed one build.

Also, there is textures for a paint particle effect, it looks like its meant for a spell. Wonder if we would get some artiest like hero in the future.

THINK BIGGER

WALK TWO 2300HP DRAGONS WITH THREE+ LICH ULTS ON THEM INTO LANE / BASE / FACE

PUSH META ALIVE

CLEAR ALL WAVES

CLEAR ALL CAMPS

NOTHING STOPS THE TRAIN

Haz, the lich ult doesn't work like that.
facepalm.gif

Mohasus

It feels like icefrog fucked tinker in the ass, came inside, rearmed and came again.

Divvy

They nerfed one build.

They nerfed his catch-up mechanism

They nerfed his ability to do damage through bkb

They indirectly nerfed blink by buffing urn and wave of terror

They nerfed bottle crowing (though maybe the double rune will help)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
4 necrodudes+ Bear is like 1000g just hanging around.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ok, so I wasn't able to keep up with Dota today of all days. Was there a stream with Merlini/Bruno/Whoever going over the update? Is there a VOD?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
They nerfed one build.

Also, there is textures for a paint particle effect, it looks like its meant for a spell. Wonder if we would get some artiest like hero in the future.

Haz, the lich ult doesn't work like that.
facepalm.gif
fuuuuuuuuuuuck

I tried to have it mid bounce with refresher and it doesnt work how lame

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Is BS a support melee jungler now?

Epicenter +40% damage -> 3s silence nuke combo lol ok
Necrolyte with literally infinite life lol ok
With Zues even stronger ??????

Divvy

Can somebody please explain the bounty rune to me? Im having a hard time understanding exactly what it does

They give a base 50 xp and gold, but also an extra amount depending on how much time has elapsed in the game.

fallagin

Testing out medusa and that 10% really makes her a supreme tank. I'm gonna say that you can probably get away with mana boots and some other mp item(maybe soul ring for some hp regen and to build into bloodstone at some point) and skip going linkens to go straight for manta or butterfly, at that point it might be good to build more survivability and do the rest you want.

Ketch

this patch is bonkers.

just having two runes every two minutes is like SO broken. bottle + guaranteed runes (like a fucking XP rune!) makes offlane easy as shit.... fucking hell, jungle with a bottle and garaunteed rune? ez game. If you know the runes always gonna spawn, warding the rune spot changes it's purpose.

The current meta becomes completely irrelevant with one bullet point on this list. Just one! There's like 10 more changes that are just as fucking nuts.

I can't wait to see smart people abuse the shit out of this patch.

Wok

Dont forget that ancients are magic immune, and most waveclear tools are magical damage. Defending a push supported by 3 ancient creeps is going to be tough unless you're sven, kunkka, antimage...

I would like to see Lich, on the same team as Chen, throws his ultimate on the Ancients controlled by Chen. Easy ganks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So Icefrog can feel safe about putting her into CM.

Also with the double Rune spawns, it means she'll almost always be able to bottle a rune.

Legion Commander + Guaranteed Runes = fuck every mid hero ever

Some mids got nerfs that seem undeserved until you remember that mid is going to change on a fundamental level in the future. Magnus, Bat, Brew, for example.

Ketch

her Q did way too much dmanage for the mana cost, but she also got kind of a buff letting heruse passives in duels (ie. basher, crit, lifesteal)

Wok

PkxnVHQ.png

J5OKoV4.png

I skipped that. It is great to attack and escape. Or to chase two heroes simultaneously.

her Q did way too much dmanage for the mana cost, but she also got kind of a buff letting heruse passives in duels (ie. basher, crit, lifesteal)

I disregarded that part, I was only thinking of the disadvantage of dueling PA. Good!

KScorp

Earth spirit Aghs is ridiculous.

1. Enchant enemy hero.
2. Pull them toward you
3. Punch them backwards into your team.
4. Repeat every 45 seconds.

I mean, I think there was a reason that magnetic grip could only work on allies and your stones, but I'm not really sure.

Radec

Can someone explain why they nerfed Legion yet gave aghs to fucking phoenix and ES?

Her Q will fuck up every early pushes if 2-3+ heroes decided to group up and take a tower.

Her nerfs sucks, but alteast we get to see her now in CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom