• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamVimes

How does the bounty rune work? Does it provide a flat bonus (maybe scaled on time or hero level)? Does it improve the amount of gold and exp gained by a percentage for a set amount of time?

How does the bounty rune work? Does it provide a flat bonus (maybe scaled on time or hero level)? Does it improve the amount of gold and exp gained by a percentage for a set amount of time?

The wording is a bit confusing, but it gives you 50 xp + 5 xp for every minute passed in the game, and 50 gold + 2 gold for every minute passed in the game.

Pick it up at 0:00 and you get 50 xp and 50 gold

Pick it up at 30:00 and you get 50+150 xp and 50+60 gold

Madouu

It gives you a flat gold and xp amount when you activate it. The value scales with the game timer, so the 2:00 rune will give slightly more than the 0:00 one, 4:00 > 2:00, etc.

Did anybody do the math on the xp and gold bounty changes? I messed around quickly with it and it looks like the proximity kill bounties got nerfed quite a bit in the early game, where the xp and gold differences are often small, I might be wrong though.

Acinixys

Can someone explain why they nerfed Legion?

Hero was broken OP in every lane (Especially mid though)

Im glad I played a SHITLOAD of LC before this patch

Just yesterday I had a game where I was solo offlane vs Ember and CM

I got a Double Kill at minute 2 because they couldnt handle the Overwhelming Odds spam

On another note, we are all hardcore fans of this game and so we know about every patch and change

But imagine how all the "casual" players who never read patch notes are going to react to this patch

Theyre going to be so confused when they load into the new map

G.ZZZ

Urn works with Napalm
hush.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I like this idea of just having Aghs give a new ability rather than being limited to buffing the just ultimate of a hero. The Phoenix and Kaolin Aghs abilities sound absolutely ridiculous tho for as broken as those 2 heroes already are.

I like how nobody cares about Shadow Demon getting a third Purge with Aghs. I always thought just having 2 was massive but 3 seems totally mental and I'm sure another version will go by where everybody ignores that hero.

Why were there like a dozen different damage types anyways? Some sort of WC3 jank?

Exactly. In WC3 you had Hero, Chaos, True, Spell and then for Physical damage you had Piercing, Normal, and Magical. It also had the capability of making the damage specific elements and such. It was kind of a pain to keep track of them all, but it was a huge part of the WC3 core game.

Fevaweva

I like the changes they have made. I am very confused with the new Phantom Lancer. I don't quite get how his abilities work and how he is still viable as a hero.

Also, turning Headshot into a 100% MS slow doesn't work with the actual name of the ability imo. Surely something called Headshot WOULD stun you for a small time.

Haunted

got my last fountain camp in to bid farewell to 6.81, goodbye best dota: 2003 - 2014 rip in pepperonis
Elevating fountain makes it harder to camp, not impossible. Pudge can still hook people, Abaddon can still run in with his ult etc etc.

I don't think the image is wrong as such, since the formula just depends on relative net worth it would be the same in a 5v5, it's more just that it's showing a ridiculously extreme scenario where one team has 12 times the net worth of the other, which is obviously not going to happen.

I guess a realistic case could be something like 60k gold on the map and a 10k gold difference. Which means for a solo kill on someone with 7k gold you get:

(35-25)/60 * 0.5 * 7000 = 583g extra gold from the comeback factor.

Although the fixed values are smaller, which is interesting because it means that bounties overall are smaller in an even game. I guess they really want to slow down the snowball.

Anyway, I like the concept.

Madouu

I like the changes they have made. I am very confused with the new Phantom Lancer. I don't quite get how his abilities work and how he is still viable as a hero

You can blink to high ground with his new naruto move so there's that. I think the charge is awesome but that agi nerf hurts. He's more of a fighting hero now I think.

G.ZZZ

It's also unrealistic pictures since they assume like 30k gold lead with 10k total networth from losing teams. In real games is never as big:
VictimLevel = 20
VictimNW = 20 000
EnemyTeamNW = 70 000
AlliedTeamNW = 50 000
NWDifference = ( 70 000 - 50 000 )/ ( 70 000 + 50 000 ) (minimum 0)
NWFactor = 0.166666 * 20 000 = 3 333.33333

So depending how many heroes total are present around the dying antimage, this is how much gold the cm gets, no matter who kills him, this is just assist gold:

1 Hero: Gold = 40 + 7 * 20 + 3 333 * 0.5 = 1846 gold
2 Heroes: Gold = 30 + 6 * 20 + 3 333 * 0.35 = 1316 gold
3 Heroes: Gold = 20 + 5 * 20 + 3 333 * 0.25 = 953 gold
4 Heroes: Gold = 10 + 4 * 20 + 3 333 * 0.2 = 756 gold
5 Heroes: Gold = 10 + 4 * 20 + 3 333 * 0.15 = 590 gold

Also purification damage don't pierce bkb which make no sense since it's esplicitally explained that spell immunity DO NOT block the damage from the spell. Jesus.
So this:

Pierce spell immmunity: No
Damage Type : Pure

Deal no damage to bkb targets (purification), but this:

Pierce spell immunity: No
Damage type : Physical

Does damage (slardar crush)
laugh.gif

This fucking make no sense. So unlike what they actually say on the blog, spell immunity actually block damage just by itself. The Magic/Pure damage part it's only involved against spell resists. But this make no sense AGAIN because BKB should give 100% spell resist but still DON'T block spell piercing magic damage spells. UNLESS it's implict that the bkb ability AND the spell resist count as a single ability so if u pierce one u pierce both, but that's confusing as shit.

I guess if there ever was an item that gave spell immunity but not 100% spell resist (new Huskar passive incoming) you could have things like Nukes dealing damage but not stunning (but only AoE ones since i guess u couldn't target spell immune targets anyway).

I'm too confused about this hlep plz.

Pure just means it isn't affected by Magic Resistance. Physical is always factored against armor, and it doesn't pierce Spell Immunity in that it doesn't stun.

G.ZZZ

Pure just means it isn't affected by Magic Resistance. Physical is always factored against armor, and it doesn't pierce Spell Immunity in that it doesn't stun.

Pure is only a damage type, spell immunity or not should have nothing to do with it as they worded it:

Physical is affected by Physical Armor, Magical is affected by Magical Damage Resistance and Pure is affected by neither.

Magic Immunity has now been renamed to Spell Immunity. Spell Immunity only defines if Spells interact with it, not how damage itself is handled. This means that on its own Spell Immunity status does not reduce any damage.

I see no reason for why being physical deal damage and pure don't if both spell aren't spell immunity piercing, unless they actually changed slardar crush to not damage bkb targets anymore like last patch.
C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88

inkls

So can you amplify pure damage now with spells that amplify damage (like bloodrage)?

I'm asking because Rupture > Bloodrage for ez kills.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
God Xyclopz is the fucking best. Xyclopz for TI5 grand final PLEASE Volvo!

JC Sera

played the new bloodseeker, he's really fun but feels a tad OP
still much more enjoyable than current BS (he actually works pretty well as a support in lane with his 1st cast on himself when denying?)

aeolist

Banned
i was hoping gondar would get a good enough buff to come back but i don't think that shuri toss bounce bullshit is anywhere near enough :(

kvk1

i was hoping gondar would get a good enough buff to come back but i don't think that shuri toss bounce bullshit is anywhere near enough :(

I think it's legit.

Stand back, track fools, and out of nowhere just let out this mini Lich ultimate.

Then go in and shadow walk/jinada the lowest health hero.

Anno

Also can shuriken a lane creep or something and have it bounce to someone pretty far away when you're chasing. Cancel blink, pick off a low hero or whatever. It's a kinda cool change.

Wonder if it would cancel channeling on both heroes? Breaking two TPs with one shuri would be cool.

Volodja

Also can shuriken a lane creep or something and have it bounce to someone pretty far away when you're chasing. Cancel blink, pick off a low hero or whatever. It's a kinda cool change.

Wonder if it would cancel channeling on both heroes? Breaking two TPs with one shuri would be cool.
It doesn't say anything about it losing the ministun so I assume it still does on all targets.

Raytow

So the new types of damage mean Lina agh's ulti has been buffed pretty hard right? pure is unmitigated damage plus bypassing bkb.

Volodja

So the new types of damage mean Lina agh's ulti has been buffed pretty hard right? pure is unmitigated damage plus bypassing bkb.
It doesn't get the bonus damage from aghs anymore so the damage ends up being around the same unless the target has higher Magic Resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom