• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member

Because after the new update is merged with the game, PA's minimap notification (DOT) icon will not be displayed on the map (when enemies are not nearby).

Note: Riki on the other hand, can be seen on the minimap if there is a Sentry with an Observer Ward.

Hylian7

So is Morphling indirectly nerfed or buffed by the Eblade change?

It seems nerfed because be has to wait for the projectile before adaptive, but on the plus side, after shotgunning someone he is free to attack immediately.

Man I'm still not over the LC nerfs. She received the harshest nerfs out of anyone. Hell, she was nerfed more than Doom.

And she's so fun too ;_;

So at the moment, basically nothing other than MKB counters late game PA it seems.

Volodja

It seems nerfed because be has to wait for the projectile before adaptive, but on the plus side, after shotgunning someone he is free to attack immediately.
Another problem about Eth Blade is that if the projectile exists, then it can probably be dodged.

Demoli

Its a buff for morphling for sure.

I'll write my thoughs on the patch later, but really glad with some buffs there.

Basher on weaver will be new meta.
Double crit with daedalus!
C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88

Razzer

Man I'm still not over the LC nerfs. She received the harshest nerfs out of anyone. Hell, she was nerfed more than Doom.

And she's so fun too ;_;

So at the moment, basically nothing other than MKB counters late game PA it seems.

She was definitely not the hardest nerfed, are you crazy? A little less damage on OO and a little mana on Press the Attack is a fair nerf, yes, but the duel thing means she can built stuff like basher and crit and duel people with it. Overall I'd say she came off worse, yes, but compared to say, Tinker, who got absolutely obliterated between his personal nerfs and the nerfs to dagon, blink and Eth, she's fine.

She was definitely not the hardest nerfed, are you crazy? A little less damage on OO and a little mana on Press the Attack is a fair nerf, yes, but the duel thing means she can built stuff like basher and crit and duel people with it. Overall I'd say she came off worse, yes, but compared to say, Tinker, who got absolutely obliterated between his personal nerfs and the nerfs to dagon, blink and Eth, she's fine.

Her nerfs are massive.

I see no reason for why being physical deal damage and pure don't if both spell aren't spell immunity piercing, unless they actually changed slardar crush to not damage bkb targets anymore like last patch.

The difference is in the spells. Omni's heal is a Targeted Spell that happens to do AoE pure damage, Slardar's crush is a non-Targeted spell that does AoE physical damage. Because it's not targeted and it's physical BKB has no affect on the actual damage portion of it, only the stun.

G.ZZZ

The difference is in the spells. Omni's heal is a Targeted Spell that happens to do AoE pure damage, Slardar's crush is a non-Targeted spell that does AoE physical damage. Because it's not targeted and it's physical BKB has no affect on the actual damage portion of it, only the stun.

Ok then, whirling death. Whirling death is pure, non targeted, AoE and still don't damage a BkB target while crush does.

Hylian7

I think hitbox ate the video from my stream last night. I only see the first 18 minutes of it. I know people were still watching well past then.

Razzer

Just tested out PL. Didn't get a chance to test his fighting ability, but I will say, his farming might be even better than before at early levels. At level 6 you can farm jungle almost indefinitely because the spawn chance is so ridiculously good now. What's more, whilst you can't push two lanes at once anymore or jungle and lane, your push is still super quick, given some creeps. It only takes like 2-3 secs to build an entire army just on his level 1 ult. The dash is great, with lance it makes chasing super easy. I'd say put one point in doppelganger, then max the other two, but I still have to experiment. Also, I played a bot game which lasted just 22 mins, and got 537 gpm, with treads into yasha into crimson guard. Considering the CG does almost nothing for his farming, that means that was basically with just a yasha. So his farming is still super good, better even in early mid game.

Also, whilst the visual does get applied to illusions, the CG active does not give them damage block, which is a shame as it would make him an amazing tower diver.

inkls

Blur minimap thing only works when you are seen by enemies, not when they are near you and thats only possible if you're near their creepwave or visible through wards. So if you're walking through your jungle and suddenly you see the blur icon, there's a ward near. GG.

And this is a buff PA patch in the sense that chrono and Doom doesn't disable evasion or crit in the case of Doom (unless aghs).

Calidor

finished reading the notes. HUGE PATCH!

I think that the 4 protect 1 strategy is back and terrorblade is going to be first pick/ban every competitive game

I look forward to play diffusal clinkz and mjolnir weaver

Blur minimap thing only works when you are seen by enemies, not when they are near you and thats only possible if you're near their creepwave or visible through wards. So if you're walking through your jungle and suddenly you see the blur icon, there's a ward near. GG.

And this is a buff PA patch in the sense that chrono and Doom doesn't disable evasion or crit in the case of Doom (unless aghs).

LC doesn't disable her passives either anymore.

:(

Raytow

arcana incoming, still weird that LC was the one that got nerfed hard, when all arcana owners are more or less buffed.

inkls

Also, CLinkz searing arrows no longer an uam.

Buy Helm of the dom.

> Dominate creep
>creep gets +250 hp
>eat creep

:O

Volodja

Physical damage bypasses spell immunity by default. Pure damage doesn't.
But that's not what the description of the new system says, it actually pretty much states that as far as damage goes bkb and the likes only give 100% magic resistance, which obviously Pure damage bypasses.
The fact that a spell that doesn't pierce spell immunity and inflicts pure damage being blocked blocks the damage too even in aoe spells, means that the same should apply to physical damage aoe spells that don't pierce spell immunity.
I mean I'm fine with it working like this because that's how it always worked, but if they are gonna go to these lengths to simplify the situation (with some heroes taking an hit on their skills) they should be thorough, at least in their explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom